Fox's new show "Fringe"

mkrnhr said:
Guardian said:
OK...but will you feel the same way after you've met the extraterrestrial giant? ;)
Absolutely not, but after the first encounter shock, one could run away and hide to avoid them. At least things are clear, the ennemy is identified. There will be zealot treators who will work for the god of course, but at least you know the gods/aliens/demons/fairies/... are here. :)

Good point. After all, who needs giant aliens when the local population can be divided and do the job themselves. Like mkrnhr says, it's much harder to ID the enemy when he looks exactly like you and you've been programmed to think he is there for your protection.

With the way they have engineered things this time around, there isn't any need for an invasion. In the vent of some kind of cataclysm, and if the people get desperate, those blackwater-types aren't gonna ask questions before they shoot. "A time will come when the dead seem blessed" doesn't leave much wiggle room.

okay, it seems that this thread is way off topic. it is supposed to be about the show "fringe". anyway, i have watched every episode. some twice. i would have to say that it is probably the best non-"lost" sci fi (NOT syfy) on tv right now. anyone who was a fan of the x-files would most likely enjoy it. yep, it's violent, but it's just a tv show. it's not real. chill. i have personally analyzed this show in great detail, to the point of near delusion. in the first episode, the main character, agent dunham, is given a large dose of lsd and immersed in a sensory deprivation tank in order to sync her brainwaves with her comatose partner, for the purpose of gathering information. this is based on the experiments of john c lilly, who invented the isolation tank and conducted similar experiments to communicate with dolphins. (on a side note, see "the men who stare at goats". if you post on this forum, it should be required watching. "the world needs Jedis")
as for the "black budget" information that the shows writers "have access to" is just a matter of looking into the research projects of darpa. go ahead, poke around there for a while. it will scare the gods out of you.

Note: Moderator removed link.

ecks-i said:
okay, it seems that this thread is way off topic. it is supposed to be about the show "fringe". anyway, i have watched every episode. some twice. i would have to say that it is probably the best non-"lost" sci fi (NOT syfy) on tv right now. anyone who was a fan of the x-files would most likely enjoy it. yep, it's violent, but it's just a tv show. it's not real. chill.

I'm hoping that you could clarify your point here. Are you saying that it's okay to show violent and gory stuff on TV because 'it's just a TV show' and 'it's not real'?

ecks-i said:
okay, it seems that this thread is way off topic. it is supposed to be about the show "fringe". anyway, i have watched every episode. some twice. i would have to say that it is probably the best non-"lost" sci fi (NOT syfy) on tv right now. anyone who was a fan of the x-files would most likely enjoy it. yep, it's violent, but it's just a tv show. it's not real. chill.

Interesting. I liked the x-files well enough and thought Fringe was a badly written, badly acted, badly researched bunch of wildly exaggerated unbelievable nonsense. No comparison to the x-files is even possible.

I'm hoping that you could clarify your point here. Are you saying that it's okay to show violent and gory stuff on TV because 'it's just a TV show' and 'it's not real'?

in the realm of objectivity, there is no "okay". the fact is, it is not "gory" since red dye and latex is not what we are made from. the energy one puts into abhorring fake violence could be put to better use bringing attention to real violence. when it comes to morality, killing and harming is to be avoided, (unless you want to eat something). raping is very wrong. producing a tv show is probably way down the list, right? my point, though, is that the discussion should probably be about everything else in the show, not the extremely fake looking gore and poorly simulated violence. i would also point out that "lord of the rings" (your screen name) is violent.

but, this has been yet another digression. it seems to me that a lot of people are biased against this show because it is on fox. ob jec tiv it y....
Perceval said:
Interesting. I liked the x-files well enough and thought Fringe was a badly written, badly acted, badly researched bunch of wildly exaggerated unbelievable nonsense. No comparison to the x-files is even possible.

... wow. the show is only in the second season. how long has it been since you watched the first two seasons of the x-files? "badly written, badly acted, badly researched bunch of wildly exaggerated unbelievable nonsense" is an easy comparison with the x-files. also, check out the darpa site. for real. then tell me how exaggerated it is.

i'm trying to open up and share my thoughts here, and all i'm getting is superficial responses. if you would like to discuss, i don't know, maybe the implications of scientific research gone too far, or maybe the coming transition/merging of worlds, parallel realities/dimensions, or transcendental states of consciousness, fine. but if you're just going to bash a tv show, i'm not interested, and i won't respond further. this ain't imdb.

ecksi said:
but, this has been yet another digression. it seems to me that a lot of people are biased against this show because it is on fox. ob jec tiv it y....

Seems to me that you're awfully attached to a television show...

ecks-i said:
[...] i have personally analyzed this show in great detail, to the point of near delusion. [...]

anart said:
Seems to me that you're awfully attached to a television show...

Yep. ecks-i nobody's attacking you or offering superficial responses. You say "the world needs Jedis" ala Men Who Stare at Goats, yet re-read your own posts and consider how emotionally invested you are in validating this show and your personal opinion of it. If you want to be a "Jedi", the first thing that must go is your self-importance, and then your attachments.

ecks-i said:
in the realm of objectivity, there is no "okay". the fact is, it is not "gory" since red dye and latex is not what we are made from. the energy one puts into abhorring fake violence could be put to better use bringing attention to real violence. when it comes to morality, killing and harming is to be avoided, (unless you want to eat something). raping is very wrong. producing a tv show is probably way down the list, right? my point, though, is that the discussion should probably be about everything else in the show, not the extremely fake looking gore and poorly simulated violence. i would also point out that "lord of the rings" (your screen name) is violent.

When you're dissociated, your subconscious doesn't discern between red dye and blood. Television alters the mind's state and allows for deeper imprinting. As per Lord of the Rings, that was a work of literature long before it was a film. It seems as though you're grasping at straws to create a debate, or argument of some sort. You're not just sharing your thoughts openly, you're expecting no one to contradict you.

ecks-i said:

Is it really worth getting that invested in? You seem as though you're sincerely trying to pick out points of truth that are hidden in this show. Wouldn't your time be better spent seeking out truth that's hidden from you in plain sight, in reality? Again:

ecks-i said:
[...] i have personally analyzed this show in great detail, to the point of near delusion. [...]

C'mon man, think about it. Delusion...

ecks-i said:
okay, it seems that this thread is way off topic. It is supposed to be about the show "fringe".

Hi, ecks-i. You are brand new to this forum. Did you arrive here just because you did a search for "The Fringe"? If so, the Cassiopaean Forum is not like an Ain't It Cool site thread that focuses expressly on whether or not members like a TV show or film. It is much more.

Forum members here were merely pointing out how TV, in this case: "The Fringe", can oft times emotionally affect and program the viewer to accept a certain point-of-view, be desensitized or become more frightened...much like 3D and 4D STS forces might affect the populace with plans to foment chaos and violence so that they can feed off the negative (fear, discomfort, disinfo/lies) energy produced.

Bringing up the idea of Nephilum possibly being a symbol or an actual download within police/military forces here on the Big Blue Marble...or that TV shows can leak out a bit of truth signal within the negative noise is not going off topic...at least within the framework of this forum.

ecks-i said:
anyway, i have watched every episode. some twice. i would have to say that it is probably the best non-"lost" sci fi (NOT syfy) on tv right now.

Have to agree with Anart in that it appears that you identify strongly with this show and are uncomfortable with anyone who doesn't think as you do about it.

ecks-i said:
anyone who was a fan of the x-files would most likely enjoy it.

I personally enjoyed "The X-files"...and yet I didn't enjoy watching the first few episodes of "The Fringe". Only reason I watched was because I know someone involved in production.

ecks-i said:
yep, it's violent, but it's just a tv show. it's not real. chill.

Well, "The X-files" had its moments, yet it never was as gory or filled-to-the-brim with sharp audio, fear-inducing music and sfx as "The Fringe".

BTW - I work in the entertainment industry, so I know a little about the technical differences between reality and fantasy. (So do many fans who have read up on or studied the techniques.)

Within the TV and film industry, the end result is to make any fantasy as real and/or emotionally-charged as possible. To say it's just a TV show and it's not real doesn't negate that it doesn't negatively affect a great many people in a subtle or not-so-subtle way.

ecks-i said:
i have personally analyzed this show in great detail, to the point of near delusion.

Again, you are new here, so you may not be entirely familiar with this forum's goals. Using the term 'to the point of delusion' is not what we're aiming for.

UPDATE: Should have read ecks-i's previous activity before I replied to his posts, to get a better idea of where he's actually coming from. Looks like ecks-i is here to teach us his way of thinking, and not to learn objectivity via a network. Blatantly ignoring rules because one doesn't agree with them and attempting to rearrange the furniture in someone else's joint is unacceptable behavior on this forum.

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=16225.0

please delete me, i don't know how to delete myself. please? i've had enough. again, everything that has been said about me can be said about y'all. let's just agree to disagree and move on. i wanted to participate because i HAVE read the forums extensively and many people who are "high ranking" got it all wrong. if it helps, -flick- -flick- -flick-.

anart said:
I have actually had occasion to see a few episodes from the beginning of this series recently and a few things strike me.
:jawdrop:
Sorry anart, couldnt resist this one :D

ecks-i - why delete you, this thread is very informative
seems you walked into the wrong bar
maybe you should have checked the sign at the entrance: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9553.0
no harm done, why not exit with some dignity.

ecks-i said:
please delete me, i don't know how to delete myself. please? i've had enough. again, everything that has been said about me can be said about y'all. let's just agree to disagree and move on. i wanted to participate because i HAVE read the forums extensively and many people who are "high ranking" got it all wrong. if it helps, -flick- -flick- -flick-.

You may feel singled out here, but the "mirroring" being done with you is par for the course on this forum. It's done for everyone. It can also work as a "scratch test" per Gurdjieff:

G said:
A decent man will behave decently even if he thinks that he has been treated unjustly or wrongly. But many people in such circumstances show a side of their nature which otherwise they would never show. And at times it is a necessary means for exposing a man's nature. So long as you are good to a man he is good to you. But what will he be like if you scratch him a little?

Such things are part of the Work being done here. You aren't being "attacked" or accused of things just for the sake of being confrontational. To put it siimply, it's being done FOR you, not TO you. You have responded confrontationally, and your posts have shown an attitude of contempt towards this forum, its rules, and the people replying to you. So how, exactly, do you expect the members to respond? And how do you justify your attitude based on your understanding of the Cassiopaean Experiment? Laura herself has even jumped in - the one who engaged in the sessions, the one who wrote the material you've read. The C's are HER in the future, for crying out loud. Yet still you have this haughtiness and sense of unstoppable rightness, and see the entire forum as in the wrong - Laura included. I guess I just don't understand where you're coming from, why you're even here in the first place, or exactly why you've now judged us and found us wanting. By what standards are you judging? How do you know those standards are based in objective reality?

I'm sure you will be deleted if that's what you want. But maybe you'll return one day if you continue to read and eventually realize that the Cassiopaean material and this forum cannot be separated. They are part of each other. To read and accept the C's stuff yet show up with a high-and-mighty dismissive attitude towards the forum is not only rude, it's absolute nonsense. Unless your understanding of the C's material is extremely wrong-headed, which can happen if you rely on your own thinking to interpret it. Due to programming and a state of deep sleep, one's own mind and thought process are NOT a reliable measuring stick to use against a forum like this. Do you understand anything about the Fourth Way and how the Work is done? Do you understand the "terror of the situation" regarding just how asleep and programmed you really are (and not JUST you, it's most of us)? Maybe that's where you could focus your reading next. Because that's what this forum is about - helping each other in the Work. It can't be done alone. And you don't seem to have even the slightest grasp of any of this. Which is odd if you've read as extensively as you say. Still, you're free to go your way. If you don't like what we do here, then you know where the door is. Just remember the forum will still be here if you change your mind. As long as we're able to have it, that is. Who knows how much time the Internet has left?

I have been waching Fringe last two weeks, form the first to the last episode.

I agree with the opinions in the forum about the show's darkness (in al senses), it isn't a good thing.

The real thing that allows me to go on watching the show, was the curiosity about the ideas and thoughts, but i discovered that they're all transformed in aberrations.

Greetings!

Has anyone watched the last 2 episodes?

In Episode 22, Walter Bishop essentially talks about pre-fall man i.e. Adamic man. He says that him and william bell who are two of the leading scientists in the show believe that everyone at some point in history had certain abilities that they dont have now. Then he goes on to state he believes it was aliens that turned this abilities off in man... I just watched it and when I heard that I was amazed. It is pretty much the same idea as that which the c's have said about what happened during the fall.. The aliens ( 4D STS BEINGS) turning off certain active parts of mans dna. Its just surprising to essentially hear this from a mainstream popular TV show be it a fictional one. That implies that other people are very much aware and are using 'entertainment' to essentially get the word out...

It got me thinking, the highest 3D STS beings (as far as I am aware there is no humanbeing that is a STO being, there are only those that aspire to be so), not those that are pyschopaths but those that are operating on the highest echelons of society and numerous intellectual fields who are aware of the existance of other densities and the state of modern man right now i.e as food for higher density STS beings. This same beings might be working with this other higher density STS beings basically selling out there own race(humanity) but surely they are not as naive as to think that when 4th density STS beings gain absolute control over humanity when people graduate to the 4th density, then they themselves will turn to food and basically share in the same fate as there fellow humanbeings.

So surely they must atleast try to defeat the lizzies and other 4d STS beings in a way ensuring mankind doesnt fall under the rule of other non-human 4d sts beings when people graduate to 4D after the wave. That is, surely there must be somekind of invisible out of sight war going on between 3rd and 4th density service to self beings be it just for self-preservation from a 3d STS beings point of view. Does this sound plausible???

luke wilson said:
It got me thinking, the highest 3D STS beings (as far as I am aware there is no humanbeing that is a STO being, there are only those that aspire to be so), not those that are pyschopaths but those that are operating on the highest echelons of society and numerous intellectual fields who are aware of the existance of other densities and the state of modern man right now i.e as food for higher density STS beings. This same beings might be working with this other higher density STS beings basically selling out there own race(humanity) but surely they are not as naive as to think that when 4th density STS beings gain absolute control over humanity when people graduate to the 4th density, then they themselves will turn to food and basically share in the same fate as there fellow humanbeings.

So surely they must atleast try to defeat the lizzies and other 4d STS beings in a way ensuring mankind doesnt fall under the rule of other non-human 4d sts beings when people graduate to 4D after the wave. That is, surely there must be somekind of invisible out of sight war going on between 3rd and 4th density service to self beings be it just for self-preservation from a 3d STS beings point of view. Does this sound plausible???

One of the things to think about is the fact that those people who are collaborating with the 4D STS beings are probably as blinded by wishful thinking as are the 4D STS beings themselves. (As are most of us, actually, wishfully thinking that we are awake when in reality we are only wishfully thinking... It's part and parcel of STS-ness. But those of us here are trying very hard to actually see things in an objective manner and overcome the wishful thinking thing. However, it takes a lot of hard Work.)

Session 941022 said:
Q: (L) Well, if we are sources of food and labor for them,
why don't they just breed us in pens on their own planet?
A: They do.
Q: (L) Well, since there is so many of us here, why don't they
just move in and take over?
A: That is their intention. That has been their intention for quite
some time. They have been traveling back and forth through
time as you know it, to set things up so that they can absorb a
maximum amount of negative energy with the transference
from third level to fourth level that this planet is going to
experience, in the hopes that they can overtake you on the
fourth level and thereby accomplish several things. 1: retaining
their race as a viable species; 2: increasing their numbers; 3:
increasing their power; 4: expanding their race throughout the
realm of fourth density. To do all of this they have been
interfering with events for what you would measure on your
calendar as approximately 74 thousand years. And they have
been doing so in a completely still state of space time traveling
backward and forward at will during this work. Interestingly
enough, though, all of this will fail.
Q: (L) How can you be so sure it will fail?
A: Because we see it. We are able to see all, not just what we
want to see. Their failing is that they see only what they want
to see. In other words, it's the highest manifestation possible
of that which you would refer to as wishful thinking.
And,
wishful thinking represented on the fourth level of density
becomes reality for that level. You know how you wishfully
think? Well, it isn't quite reality for you because you are on
the third level, but if you are on the fourth level and you were
to perform the same function, it would indeed be your
awareness of reality. Therefore they cannot see what we can
see since we serve others as opposed to self, and since we
are on sixth level, we can see all that is at all points as is, not
as we would want it to be.

They may not be treated as a food source, as they probably have very shallow emotions, but I don't think that they will be getting the rewards that they wishfully think that they will be getting.

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom