Freedom Trucker Convoy: From Canada to USA to all across the world

Ultra vires has the legal definition of 'beyond the powers' vested and so was done without legal authority. But that just seems typical of so many leaders at that level at the moment. I don't think the matter will end there because that now opens up a can of worms for those that were charged or harmed by government actions to mount other legal challenges.

It definitely feels like a win - on paper at least.

I try not to be cynical, but no one I know on the "Convoy" side of friends and family believes that the federal government of Canada follows any law and even with a change of leadership - this isn't going to change. Although this judgement and the accelerating animosity towards Freedeau's regime, does seem to point to the fact that we might get a breather for period of time. Good for Tamara and Pat getting some vindication from this - they never deserved to be branded as arch villains for exercising Charter Rights and inspiring a a nationwide resistance against tyranny.

I just learned that unfortunately Tamara and Chris were charged under the criminal code and not the Emergency Act, so this recent ruling will most likely have no affect on their trial. They get some moral vindication, but no legal vindication - both are still facing a potential 10 years in prison (max sentence for a mischief charge). I'm not sure, but the prairies, and Alberta in particular, just might explode if that happened. Anyways, the outcome of their case will be a big test of the Canadian court system in times of increasing insanity. I sure hope they walk free.

Back
Top Bottom