French humour

This afternoon I was seeing a french television programme over ecology . It was boring till an humorist came and has this beautiful sentence (I can't translate in english sorry) "ce n'est pas de l'écologie c'est de l'escroclogie ou de l'égologie"

cheers

Salut à toi, fille des bois,

As-tu remarqué que les cêpes sont de sortis ce wk ?

Loélie

fille des bois said:
This afternoon I was seeing a french television programme over ecology . It was boring till an humorist came and has this beautiful sentence (I can't translate in english sorry) "ce n'est pas de l'écologie c'est de l'escroclogie ou de l'égologie"

cheers

Indeed, it is a beautiful sentence and i do not think it is going to be as funny in english but it would go like: It is not ecology, it is crooklogy or egology.

loelie said:
Salut à toi, fille des bois,

As-tu remarqué que les cêpes sont de sortis ce wk ?

Loélie

Hi Loélie,

Since it is an english forum, could you write your post in english please.

Hi to you, fille des bois,
Have you noticed that the boletus have appeared this week-end?

Loélie

Every single time I get scolded by the police for not wearing a mask and yield to the COVID collective hysteria, I think about these comedy skits by Kad & O :

Can't help but chuckle internally. Hey kids, remember, this is the law !

A few silly mottos to lighten up the mood :-)

44957772-36526168.jpg

"If there's no solution, it means there's no problem" (note the clever use of the Klein bottle here)

1f3d22d9c86907f04dd84a2173ea4f36--philosophy-humour.jpg

"It is better to focus our intelligence on silly things than focus our idiocy on intelligent things."

I-Moyenne-32300-torchon-coton-shadoks-les-interdits.net.jpg

"All that isn't specifically allowed is strictly forbidden." (seems more and more relevant as time goes by unfortunately)

Back
Top Bottom