French nun refused retirement home space due to habit

What happend, as far as I understand:

Once upon a time some muslims where invited to come to France because the country needed workers. They became french citizens.
Where they badly treated by the other french ? Certainly, at least by some. But to wish extent it is hard for me to know.

A couple of generation passed.

Then came the islamic attacks, and at about the same time more and more muslim ladies started to where the hijab.
And, in some parts of France where there are a lot of muslims, ladies who where wearing short dresses and the like started to be arrassed by some muslim guys. That was part of what created the world famous 'no-go zones'.

The French empowered guys started to pass some laws to limite this new muslim lady habit of beeing well covered. Those laws as to be in accord to the "grand law" of laicity and so we end up with the French nun incident, as a byproduct.

The laws that as been passed forbid the burkini completely and the hijab in some places like schools and administrative buildings.

We are in a Cornelian situation because we let the new comer do how they fit. And now it will cetainly be seen as unfair to ban completely the hijab that has become so popular. Especially if the other religions are not "treated egual".

That is the jist of how I see it for now.

I would say that's quite accurate. Basically, in order to convince the weary public that something is being done about the growing unrest ("terrorist attacks", no-go zones, etc.) , the authorities chose to focus on such things as what people of various religious persuasions can wear. And since they couldn't just target Muslims with such bans (it would be perceived as unliberal, intolerant and so on), they imposed it across the board.

I would say that's quite accurate. Basically, in order to convince the weary public that something is being done about the growing unrest ("terrorist attacks", no-go zones, etc.) , the authorities chose to focus on such things as what people of various religious persuasions can wear. And since they couldn't just target Muslims with such bans (it would be perceived as unliberal, intolerant and so on), they imposed it across the board.

Not only because there is some secular movement that clearly wants to erase any signs of religion, or even old traditions, so identity at the end of the day, in favor of multiculturalism with a new Trade God. For exemple, at school, we don't talk anymore of "Christmas holydays", it's "winter holydays", no more "Easter holydays", it's "spring holydays"... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom