Freud a psychopath? Certainly!

There is this french guy named Hervé Ryussen said the theme of incest is a recurring theme among jewish artists and intellectuals, most of the time suggested in an ambiguous way, strongly suggesting that incest was widespread in jewish familly. Freud clients were mostly ashkenazi jews. No wonder his clients displayed degrees of hysteria of cosmic proportions. Basically the whole oedipus complex was just Freud projecting theirs perversions on the whole of 'goyim' populations.

the video is in french unfortunately
I watched the video, it's :scared: . Here some passages:

- lots of people in the cinema, show biz etc, much more I imagined, are from jew families, and lived the incest, nearly all! He gives some examples.
- At the end (31.37) , there is a show in english, where a woman explains how, as a child, she had to sacrifice a baby, and it was considered normal, and conducted by her parents, even her mother !!
- at 7.50; He notes " the feminist movement was launched by jewish women who projected on european society their guilt instead of simply blaming their father and their mother."
- at 10.55: about E. Badinter (french richissime elite) 's book. He says (I translate in english)
" Elisabeth Badinter in her book l'un et l'autre [one and the oher] explains how this incest affair is something natural. She writes ' the erotic bond between the mother and her child is not limited to oral satisfactions. It's her who reveals the sensuality initiated to pleasure, teaches him to love his body. The good mother is naturally incestiuous and pedophile.' She supports 'the right to incest' and wants us to recognize ' that incest is not necessary a perversion neither a mental malady, but can sometimes be benefic' . "

I think it's absolutely safe to say that Freud almost single-handedly screwed up the field of psychology and his pernicious influence on Western civilization can hardly be overstated. The sexual "liberation" of the 60ies, identity politics etc. are unthinkable without his influence IMO (a result of the unholy alliance between Freudianism and Marxism).
With respect to the process of this development, the theoretical combination of Freudianism and Marxism in the Frankfurt School, that formulated Critical Theory played a role:
To fill the omissions of 19th-century classical Marxism, which could not address 20th-century social problems, they applied the methods of antipositivist sociology, of psychoanalysis, and of existentialism.[3] The School’s sociologic works derived from syntheses of the thematically pertinent works of Immanuel Kant, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, and Karl Marx, of Sigmund Freud and Max Weber, and of Georg Simmel and Georg Lukács.[4][5]
The latter was a Hungarian Marxist philosopher:
Critical theory - Wikipedia has
Frankfurt School critical theorists drew on the critical methods of Karl Marx and Sigmund Freud. Critical theory maintains that ideology is the principal obstacle to human liberation.[2] Critical theory was established as a school of thought primarily by the Frankfurt School theoreticians Herbert Marcuse, Theodor Adorno, Max Horkheimer, Walter Benjamin, and Erich Fromm.
I wouldn't say there is nothing of value in Critical Theory, much depends on how a theory is interpreted and used. One use has been by the postmodenists:

Postmodern critical research is also characterized by the crisis of representation, which rejects the idea that a researcher's work is an "objective depiction of a stable other". Instead, many postmodern scholars have adopted "alternatives that encourage reflection about the 'politics and poetics' of their work. In these accounts, the embodied, collaborative, dialogic, and improvisational aspects of qualitative research are clarified".[16]

The term "critical theory" is often appropriated when an author works within sociological terms, yet attacks the social or human sciences (thus attempting to remain "outside" those frames of inquiry). Michel Foucault is one of these authors.[17]

Jean Baudrillard has also been described as a critical theorist to the extent that he was an unconventional and critical sociologist;[18] this appropriation is similarly casual, holding little or no relation to the Frankfurt School.[19]

Jürgen Habermas of The Frankfurt School is one of the key critics of postmodernism.[20]
Critical theory - Wikipedia
One could probably generate a concept map of the influences, although it is easy to end up with overgeneralizations and too few nuances. Risking that it could be begin with Freud + Marx +...+ > Critical Theory, (CT) (Modernist interpretation) >CT+ Michel Foucault>Postmodern Critical Theory.

I wouldn't say there is nothing of value in Critical Theory, much depends on how a theory is interpreted and used. One use has been by the postmodenists:

Indeed, and one shouldn't make the mistake of coming up with too simple a story about the genesis of such ideas. For example, I think Steven Hicks falls into that trap in "Postmodernism explained" and lumps all thinkers who said anything that was used by some postmodernist together. His Ayn Rand-inspired philosophy strikes me as way too simplistic in its antagonism against anything "continental". Roger Scruton on the other hand does a great job IMO navigating all that (he even acknowledges the good points made by Sartre) and recognizing the great contribution of German philosophy (Kant, Hegel etc.) in acknowledging the importance of the mind and consciousness.

Anyway, a crucial intellectual underpinning of the 60ies revolution and the sexual liberation was the idea that we are forced by the patriarchy to "repress" our sexuality, therefore developing neurosis, and that the remedy is to tear down any societal restrictions and sexual taboos. A sort of class struggle of the sexually repressed against the evil bourgeois class.

There are also lots of non pathological ones. It's as always, the strengh of publicity (cf the story of the nude imperator), of a petty group leading the mass, like many examples today, in the medical field, in the social field, in arts. Also in science like the Darwin's theory.

When I was young and studied psychology at university, it was Freud, Freud, Freud, and... Freud ! I always had some problem with this, and it's only now (with all the knowledge gathered in between), that I understand why this "gut feeling", to put it that way.

French speakers, does he mention Lacan (I'm sure he must). But does he mention Lacan's influence on American Humanities (ie killing it)? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom