Gas explosion at Mexico City children’s hospital

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
A tragedy, infants without having even a registered name because they born hours before, killed by the explosion. Unfortunately, things like this, happen in order for government to check out safety protocols/me assures.

_http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/in-english/2015/explosion-df-hospital-100809.html said:
Four babies and three adults died after a gas tank truck exploded at the Materno Infantil Hospital in Mexico City.

The nursery, the administrative area and the emergency room of the Materno Infantil Hospital in Cuajimalpa collapsed after a gas tank truck exploded, leaving over 40 injured.

Adrián Rubalcava, delegate of Cuajimalpa district, said in an interview with Noticias MVS that the nursery, the administrative area and the emergency room collapsed after the explosion, that also left at least 43 injured, among them 16 babies, that were taken to other hospitals, such as Rubén Leñero, Enrique Cabrera, Balbuena, Centro Médico ABC Santa Fé, Ángeles Mocel, Xoco and the Red Cross.

Julio César Martínez, the driver of the tank truck, and his two assistants, asked to call the Fire Department after detecting a leak in the truck's hose. Authorities said that they are in custody to determine their responsibility in the accident. The tank truck belonged to Gas Express Nieto.

Mexico City Mayor Miguel Ángel Mancera, Attorney Rodolfo Ríos Garza and Interior Minister Miguel Ángel Osorio Chong are coordinating the emergency response along with members of the Gendarmerie.

Pope Francis asked his followers on Twitter to pray for the victims of the accident and their relatives.

To see the photo gallery of the accident, click here.

edit:quote

Hi mabar, I noticed that you share many news about mexico, a question comes to my mind regarding seeing this post in "whats on your mind" section, Why don't you share this article in the Sott section? or even better, it could be a good opportunity for you to become a Sott editor and share the news in the preview section, it is easy and you could like it :)

irjO said:
Hi mabar, I noticed that you share many news about mexico, a question comes to my mind regarding seeing this post in "whats on your mind" section, Why don't you share this article in the Sott section? or even better, it could be a good opportunity for you to become a Sott editor and share the news in the preview section, it is easy and you could like it :)

That is because, SOTT section does not contemplate this kind of news, is not written of SOTT team, nor is for further discussion (for the time being, perhaps later, came out negligence or as I had seen somewhere here, this kind of coincidences that coincide that leads to some sort of symbol, the name of the gas company being "Gas Express Nieto", "Peña Nieto" president's second last name), and there is not an area at SOTT for this kind of news either, perhaps the participation of neighborhood saving, rescuing, hurt people, taking out babies, delivering food/coffee for the emergency groups in site. The people solidarity is well known in this country. Every people nation's has their bad's and goods, and this solidarity is one of the good ones. Leading me to think that there is hope in humanity.

_http://guardianlv.com/2015/01/mexico-city-chidrens-hospital-gas-explosion-kills-7/#qoCj0QSKRoRrvXWI.99 said:
Local residents flocked to the scene to assist. Even as the building burned and smouldered, people were coming the wreckage for anyone who might be trapped. While many escaped with minor wounds from the flying glass, some were not as fortunate. One man, though he is currently still alive, suffered burns on 90 percent of his body. At least 22 of the 54 people reported as injured were children. Initial reports said that first responders went immediately to what was left of the nursery, and that they were able to safely rescue 8 infants from there. Updated casualty reports are expected as the situation is brought under control and investigations can continue.

As to joining SOTT editor, I had not even ever think of it, it comes to my mind that in order to do that, one needs to have up to date computer technology, software, terminology... and no, I do not have those possible requirements.

Add: report of residents helping

mabar said:
That is because, SOTT section does not contemplate this kind of news, is not written of SOTT team, nor is for further discussion (for the time being, perhaps later, came out negligence or as I had seen somewhere here, this kind of coincidences that coincide that leads to some sort of symbol, the name of the gas company being "Gas Express Nieto", "Peña Nieto" president's second last name), and there is not an area at SOTT for this kind of news either, perhaps the participation of neighborhood saving, rescuing, hurt people, taking out babies, delivering food/coffee for the emergency groups in site. The people solidarity is well known in this country. Every people nation's has their bad's and goods, and this solidarity is one of the good ones. Leading me to think that there is hope in humanity.

what do you mean by sott does not contemplate this kind of news? it could go in the society's child section with some comments added for example.
and is true there is always some hope in the humanity even if its a tiny bit.

_http://guardianlv.com/2015/01/mexico-city-chidrens-hospital-gas-explosion-kills-7/#qoCj0QSKRoRrvXWI.99 said:
As to joining SOTT editor, I had not even ever think of it, it comes to my mind that in order to do that, one needs to have up to date computer technology, software, terminology... and no, I do not have those possible requirements.

you don't need something sophisticated in order to collaborate in sott, aren't you using a computer right now to log into the forum? you could share the time working on sott too, it doesn't take much work actually, but of course is how you feel confortable, if you think you can't do it there is no problem.

irjO said:
what do you mean by sott does not contemplate this kind of news? it could go in the society's child section with some comments added for example.

I do not think that fit in Society Child section either, that is for news in which society is going to the path of autodestruction, and this destruction was accidental, not with that purpose, like the attack at Pakistan's school http://www.sott.net/article/290345-Pakistan-investigating-British-doctors-ties-to-Taliban-school-massacre. I would like to use some not nice words, but using ponerized, fits. I wonder why the tittle, though?, why us the word "child" that represents innocence with those kind of news??

I think it could fit better this kind of news:
Bill would let Texas teachers legally kill students ---What??? :O http://rt.com/usa/228003-texas-bill-kill-students/ ...as the bizarro world, I read in Mrs. Laura article: http://www.sott.net/article/291441-Bizarro-World

irjO said:
you don't need something sophisticated in order to collaborate in sott, aren't you using a computer right now to log into the forum? you could share the time working on sott too, it doesn't take much work actually, but of course is how you feel confortable, if you think you can't do it there is no problem.
Well, right now I am using a computer that I do not usually use, this ones is from a co-worker, she took vacations days and I am covering her duties, this computer is more "modern", mine however is ...if you are using "sophisticated" so then my computer is way beyond old, is from 2003, with the impossibility to upgrade it, I am squeezing her, I do not need much of it, just for texts and no complicated ones. I have other at home, but the speed of the internet is beyond slow, that's why I avoid seeing videos, and other stuff.

Sometimes I can enter more to the internet, sometimes not, like this time, that I am using witting and eating dinner.

Yes, I am worry that instead of helping I may be in the way, had tired in other things, unsuccessfully, Yes, this uncomfortable feeling of failure does not help. I hadn't learn enough to not offer in something I may not be able to do, as had happend.

edit:delete word

mabar said:
irjO said:

I do not think that fit in Society Child section either, that is for news in which society is going to the path of autodestruction, and this destruction was accidental, not with that purpose

No, it absolutely fits in at SOTT in Society's Child IMO. See, we don't really know for sure if it was accidental or not, and SOTT is in the business of tracking incidents like this, gas explosions and other incidents of the like, which may be accidental yet related to Earth Changes or a possible cosmic impact (see Texas fertilizer plant explosion). Either way, it's something that would be good to have in the database because one never knows when something will happen in the future which will completely change the prevailing outlook on this incident, and then if it's already on SOTT, they can be linked. Society's Child is not only about society self-destructing, it's also about the social reaction to the actions of the powers that be, and to anything that happens in society that can be a marker.

Heimdallr said:
No, it absolutely fits in at SOTT in Society's Child IMO. See, we don't really know for sure if it was accidental or not, and SOTT is in the business of tracking incidents like this, gas explosions and other incidents of the like, which may be accidental yet related to Earth Changes or a possible cosmic impact (see Texas fertilizer plant explosion). Either way, it's something that would be good to have in the database because one never knows when something will happen in the future which will completely change the prevailing outlook on this incident, and then if it's already on SOTT, they can be linked. Society's Child is not only about society self-destructing, it's also about the social reaction to the actions of the powers that be, and to anything that happens in society that can be a marker.

Exactly!

mabar said:
Well, right now I am using a computer that I do not usually use, this ones is from a co-worker, she took vacations days and I am covering her duties, this computer is more "modern", mine however is ...if you are using "sophisticated" so then my computer is way beyond old, is from 2003, with the impossibility to upgrade it, I am squeezing her, I do not need much of it, just for texts and no complicated ones. I have other at home, but the speed of the internet is beyond slow, that's why I avoid seeing videos, and other stuff.

Sometimes I can enter more to the internet, sometimes not, like this time, that I am using witting and eating dinner.

Yes, I am worry that instead of helping I may be in the way, had tired in other things, unsuccessfully, Yes, this uncomfortable feeling of failure does not help. I hadn't learn enough to not offer in something I may not be able to do, as had happend.

just to clarify, to be a SOTT editor you don't need to be posting everyday, I don't think that most of the editors have the 100% time to edit at any time any day, and what I try to say its that you could use any computer you could use, no matter if it is 5 or 8 or even 10 years old, msante for example its working on a netbook with windows xp to post in sott right now, instead of posting an article with your opinion added in here, you could easily post an article on sott or leave it as a preview so others can finish it, but again it is only a suggestion :)

Heimdallr said:

Ah OK, seeing that way, so far it seems to be "accidental" by negligence between government and gas company, as always ... there are a couple of videos that could dismiss a cosmic impact.

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCXusDfaJvQ --- view from a webcam, the explosion is seen at the left side, far away. (_http://www.webcamsdemexico.com/webcamtimelapse.php?a=a&c=13&f=2015-01-29)
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLL9bh4ZXY4 --- moment of the explosion, not good for cardiac risk people (a guy was videotaping the fireworkers truck that arrived moments before to the location, because there was a gas leak that was not contained causing the explosion, by a spark ...so is been said)

There were also three gas/linked explosions in the country. Two the same day (Thursday) and one in Wensday:

_http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=394557 A cistern tank from the company Trafirmar exploded, 1 death and 2 injured people, that was at Cuautitlán Izcalli, State of Mexico.

_http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2015/573482/6/registran-explosion-en-bodega-de-mercado-de-abastos.htm An explosion by chemicals was registered at the Supplies Market in Guadalajara, Jal. Two injured people. According to preliminary information, the explosion was caused by a chemical used to accelerate the maturation of the fruit: calcio carbide, it reacts with the moisture of the fruits, but it produces also acetylene gas, that is flammable.

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZfuXn67olI a video from January 28, a leak from a gas pipe trunk,near a junior highschool being evacuated.

Gas Express Nieto company has a chronology of disaster and presumed irregularities:
_http://www.redpolitica.mx/metropoli/cronologia-las-irregularidades-de-gas-express-nieto said:
translating...

July 2014, Express Nieto pipe explode in the colony El Cerrito, in Querétaro, 2 people death and two injured, damage in houses as well.

July 2013, Expres Nieto pipe knock over at the highway Mexico-Puebla. It was a two tow truck, one detached due to speed.

February 2011, According to Environment Prosecutor of the city, the distribution center of the Gas Express Nieto, located in the city, was operating in illegal ways, putting at risk the population and Metro facilities.

May 2007, Gas Express Nieto pipe, with 2,500 liters of capacity, knock over the highway Naucalpan-Toluca, several families were in need to be evacuated.

March 2006, an explosion in a bakery store leave 4 people injured, an hydrocarbon leak was due when the personnel of Gas Express Nieto supply the tank of the bakery.

May 2006, A van from Gas Express Nieto burn in an avenue, with no reports of injured people, the vehicle had a motor failure that provoke the outbreak.

Between 2000 and 2006, After studies and verification's, the Federal Consumer Prosecutor (PROFECO) detected irregularities and abused against consumers from gas LP companies, including Gas Express Nieto.

Since 2007 Gas Express Nieto supplies 37 public clinics and hospitals of Mexico City.

__http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=394589 said:
translating...
Deputy director of Gas Express Nieto, Julio Larrondo, claimed that the pipe equipment that explode this Thursday at the Hospital Materno Infantil de Cuajimalpa, that leave 3 death people and 75 injured, fulfill with all of the standards of security and the investigations would be the ones that determine if in that sinister there would be shared responsibility.

The deputy director had commented at several radio interviews that there is a preliminary piece of information that qualified judgment would have to prove: that "the leak of hydrocarbon not only was noticed at the vicinity of the patio, where our vehicle was. An investigation line is that could had been accumulated gas in somewhere else area of the hospital".

There were several damage houses around, with broken windows and fractures.

So far, 39 people are still in hospitals, 18 in grave condition, including 9 babies. One baby was moved to a Texas hospital, being badly burn.
There are several unidentified babies because, when they were taken from the debris they did not have their identification bracelet, two death babies among them. Parents of the babies will have to undergo ADN studies in order to be with their babies. It could take several days. That is another drama! I feel sad with this kind of tragedy involving babies. Poor little ones.

There were also several damage houses around, with broken windows and fractures.

irjO said:
just to clarify, to be a SOTT editor you don't need to be posting everyday, I don't think that most of the editors have the 100% time to edit at any time any day, and what I try to say its that you could use any computer you could use, no matter if it is 5 or 8 or even 10 years old, msante for example its working on a netbook with windows xp to post in sott right now, instead of posting an article with your opinion added in here, you could easily post an article on sott or leave it as a preview so others can finish it, but again it is only a suggestion :)
Is good to know then, is a matter of trying, I have to admit that, yes, I like to jump between news. :)

mabar said:

Hi mabar

For what it's worth, before I became a Sott Editor, I felt the same way you did. For my age, I'm quite behind as far as technology goes. I feel like I'm in primary/elementary school when it comes to learning how computers work. So you aren't alone. :)

I started out on a 2006 Toshiba and although it was a bit slow, I was able to post a few articles with it. If you have something a little older, it should work alright for you. As for needing to know terminology, there isn't much you need to know if you're just an editor. (The programmers have created how-to videos and a very simple editing format!) Most of the editing is copy and paste and then inserting any other relevant Sott articles, and then commenting. As for internet availability and connection, well yes, that's important. I'm still having trouble in that department because of how slow or non-existent the connection can be. It can be tricky at times, but that's where practicing patience can come in handy.

So... Maybe give it some thought?

You won't know you're in the way unless you give it shot. ;)

BrightLight11 said:
mabar said:

Hi mabar

For what it's worth, before I became a Sott Editor, I felt the same way you did. For my age, I'm quite behind as far as technology goes. I feel like I'm in primary/elementary school when it comes to learning how computers work. So you aren't alone. :)

I started out on a 2006 Toshiba and although it was a bit slow, I was able to post a few articles with it. If you have something a little older, it should work alright for you. As for needing to know terminology, there isn't much you need to know if you're just an editor. (The programmers have created how-to videos and a very simple editing format!) Most of the editing is copy and paste and then inserting any other relevant Sott articles, and then commenting. As for internet availability and connection, well yes, that's important. I'm still having trouble in that department because of how slow or non-existent the connection can be. It can be tricky at times, but that's where practicing patience can come in handy.

So... Maybe give it some thought?

You won't know you're in the way unless you give it shot. ;)

Thanks BrightLight11, I am thinking about give it a try. Passing the first week of February, I am going out and I am not sure either to take the computer with me or if I have time to do it. :)

Another apparent gas explosion - i checked and no article is up yet but it was only reported an hour ago so more info to come:

8 injured in Mexico City explosion (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
Published time: 15 Jan, 2016 14:22
Edited time: 15 Jan, 2016 15:08
Get short URL
© Google maps
© Google maps
Eight people have been injured by an explosion in Mexico City, according to the city's ambulance service. Paramedics are reportedly at the scene assisting those who were wounded.

The explosion occurred at Adylyz cafe on Félix Cuevas Street.

The city's mayor, Miguel Angel Mancera, referred to the blast as a gas explosion, and urged residents to avoid the area.

Twitter user @GabyEncin reported that a little girl was among those injured in the explosion.

Photos posted on Twitter show the entire storefront of the cafe destroyed, and windows above it shattered.

The Center for Attention to Emergencies and Civil Protection of Mexico City reported the closure of nearby roads, due to work by emergency teams.

The blast comes one year after a gas truck explosion outside a Mexico City maternity hospital left two people dead and 53 others injured.

CYxHNqpUAAA8yKX.jpg

CYxHNquUQAAifAm.jpg

CYxHNq8UkAQBROJ.jpg

CYxHLHGUQAAKwWc.jpg

CYxFrN2UsAAO2Cr.jpg

CYxHQGjUAAAaTwu.jpg

I saw this

these type of events are getting to be extremely common, it reminds me of that out gassing in California that has recently been declared an emergency, it seems to me that human incompetence is but one factor while the planet opening up provides the other.

Thanks for the pics itellsya

Back
Top Bottom