Germany to ban all GM crops and opt out of EU approvals

sToRmR1dR

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Germany follow Scotland's example with move to ban all GM crops and opt out of EU approvals.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-follows-scotlands-example-with-move-to-ban-all-gm-crops-and-opt-out-of-eu-approvals-10471343.html

I liked this statement near the end:
There is overwhelming scientific evidence that improving crops by molecular biotechnology techniques is safe, and the practice is widespread across the Americas and Asia.
;) Couldn't help themselves? Or is that a minimum requirement, for this is still a mass media piece.

Ukraine had to accept GM crops as part of western aid. Monsanto sneaks in the backdoor of Europe's largest breadbasket. Germany must see it coming.

Let's wait and see what happens in the end since first it is an advice for the agriculture organizations in Germany not to buy GMO crops which buy the GMO stuff from the big brands, i.e. Monsanto.

Gawan said:
Let's wait and see what happens in the end since first it is an advice for the agriculture organizations in Germany not to buy GMO crops which buy the GMO stuff from the big brands, i.e. Monsanto.

Indeed, let's wait and see about that. It might as well merely be a move to placate all the people protesting against GMOs, perhaps some sort of giving people false hope or advertising for themselves politically, and deflecting from the plans already agreed upon behind the scenes. Let's face it, they'll try everything they can to sneak in through the backdoor. And hasn't Monsanto also attained the right to sue countries if they make financial losses? I'm just not holding my breath that this little advice will lead to Germany acting as sensible as Russia does. I mean, it would be great, but indeed it would come close to a miracle!

horse said:
Ukraine had to accept GM crops as part of western aid. Monsanto sneaks in the backdoor of Europe's largest breadbasket. Germany must see it coming.
I heard the same about Iraq, forced to destroy their heritage seed stores (sorry can't find a link).

Back
Top Bottom