Gonzalo Lira: Astute Observer, Psychopathic Windbag... or?

BHelmet

The Living Force
IMO, we all like to think we have honed our skills at recognizing psychopathy. But it is still possible to be taken in. It is an interesting process to try to peek under the mask. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt but when damning evidence begins to pile up, it raises serious concerns. At some point Gonzalo Lira became a "thing" on this forum. Out of the blue, his ramblings were talked about as if he was an expert on Ukraine. There were things about his delivery that raised some red flags in my mind. I suggested he seemed like a bit of a Bozo. Ryan provided the push-back to inspire me to dig deeper and so I did.

Warning: What I am going to post here is not for the faint of heart or delicate sensibilities, particularly women. I am not going to mince words. Some of it is downright vile, reprehensible and disgusting. My opinion, of course. Yes, he can be amusing and he does touch upon many truths. Perhaps the issue is what he does with those truths? I will leave that up to you. I have known guys like this. In the final analysis, I do not think Gonzalo Lira is part of a conspiracy and I never did. I think he is a garden variety narcissist who is into self-promotion and monetization of his "content". That is his job. There is nothing really wrong with that in and of itself.

Gonzalo has many Youtube identities and I think these other channels reveal what i am suggesting. No, I am not saying he is exactly a Vincent Bridges or Eric Pepin. Not even close. But, I do feel some disappointment that, in essence, he is promoted here on the forum.

OK, enough of the warm-up act, on with the show! (You have been warned: vulgar, tactless rantings coming up! But, it also has comedic value just because he is so over-the-top)

This is THE one to watch. If this is not the psychopaths credo, I don't know what is! Here he speaks about "game" and manipulation. Key moment is from 3:45 minutes to 6 minutes for the semi-weak of heart. (5min to 6min mark for the essence without much vulgarity) But he goes on and on from there and talks about his kids and it is revealing.

Next up, Outrageous Misogynistic Blathering OMG, the first 7-15 seconds should be enough. Ladies, put up your shields!
OMG this guy is SO FOS! Kind of like watching a train wreck with your jaw agape, hard to look away it is.

There are videos out there that describe a Vincent Bridges type scenario. Start at the 12:50 mark of the video, to minimize the length:

So if you have not figured it out, his other identities are Coach Red Pill and CPR archive. He has a Patreon where he puts his ... other stuff. There are plenty of bizarre videos out there if you are thirsting for more. I have tried to cherry pick a representative batch so you don't have to wade through them all to get the picture. There is a recent video of Lira's opinion on Jordan Peterson which is also very interesting and not nearly so vulgar, but I think I will post it in the JP thread.

Should the baby of his "serious" Ukraine "reporting and analysis" be thrown out with the bathwater of this other stuff, or is the bathwater just too sludgy? For you to decide. Having seen all this other stuff, I just roll my eyes when I see his videos posted on the Cass forum.

I think I have made the point. Like Shakespeare's Mark Antony, I have come to bury Gonzalo, not to praise him. But this is a fantastic exercise for the work, is it not? He is still a likable guy in some ways. But isn't that how it is with this type?

Oh brother,

I hadn't seen those videos of him, but yep.. they're rather childish and you do get the impression that he's someone who simply likes to hear himself talk. And I can see how that would impress certain impressionable young kids.

And what's worse, they have a fake feeling to them, like if he was impersonating someone or putting up an act, which makes it even sadder to be honest. Like, I don't get the impression that he has all that game or is all that confident, it's more... he sounds like a teenager who's trying to impress his classmates by talking big, bragging about things he's never done and cursing out a lot, to sell the story.

He is indeed very full of himself in these videos.

Thanks, BHelmet for bringing this to the table. This is something I've been wondering about myself. Why is this guy, without any apparent expertise, suddenly an expert on Ukraine and global politics? Okay, he lives in Ukraine but besides from that, what are his credentials? Those videos you posted sure give a taste of what kind of guy he is. As you say, we've all known (or seen online) guys like this: good with words, fluent and captivating speaker, the delivery being energized and spiced with vulgarity by the sexual center. But what's worse, as those videos testify of, his moral values are leaning very heavily towards narcissism and even possibly psychopathy (manipulating people is okay!).

I'm glad that in a recent talk between Scott Ritter and Larry Johnson, Ritter called Gonzalo out saying "Gonzalo Lira is dead wrong, 100% wrong [about his recent military analysis], that's what happens when a life style coach tries to get involved in military analysis", see here at the 13:45 mark:

There's also the weird incident where Lira was supposedly taken captive by the SBU. He was 'gone' for several days and all kinds of people were worried about him. Then, he resurfaces, acting 'mysterious' and doesn't tell anything about what happened to him, supposedly (in his own words, paraphrased) not to "gain undeserved attention/sympathy because of his ordeal". Why would the SBU first capture him, then release him, and then let him keep posting his videos/talks online as before? Maybe Lira is 'plaing both sides', to quote himself from the videos in the OP, "doing the 'Game'".?

I think there's enough red flags with this guy that would in ordinary circumstances make aware people want to avoid him. Maybe the hunger for any and more objective news about the Ukraine situation has made people a bit too eager to listen to Lira? I've said it before, but the whole debacle with the death of Isaac Kappy taught me a lesson: whenever there's any kind of significant event or exposure, the manipulating click-baiters (wanting followers/likes to make money) will surface like mushrooms. With the incident with Kappy, as I was at that time very immersed in researching the pedofilia stuff, the manipulating through various made-up characters on Twitter was just off the charts. As an example, there were a couple of guys with 'inside information' about Kappy's death, who posted selfie videos as they were 'hiding in the basement/darkness' being afraid of 'the Cabal' coming to get them. Oh, and one guy, 'came out' as a long time victim, asking for money because he needed to find a new place to live (fearing for his life), and then later it turned out that he was a junkie who was just desperately seeking money for his drugs.

ADDED: An additional thought just came to my mind. Let's say Lira is a psychopath, or at least, a narcissistic expert manipulator. As we know, the smarter psycopaths can easily spot other psychopaths and see through their manipulating tactics ('read' them). So, maybe that's why Lira has, indeed, many 'spot on' analyses of the situation – because as an 'insider' he knows how to play the game, he knows the strategies and techniques psychopaths use to get what they want.

Last edited:
There's also the weird incident where Lira was supposedly taken captive by the SBU. He was 'gone' for several days and all kinds of people were worried about him. Then, he resurfaces, acting 'mysterious' and doesn't tell anything about what happened to him, supposedly (in his own words, paraphrased) not to "gain undeserved attention/sympathy because of his ordeal". Why would the SBU first capture him, then release him, and then let him keep posting his videos/talks online as before?
I never believed his story that he was captured by Nazis, and then given "permission" (very strange) to continue making videos. It's incomprehensible, and in fact it's incomprehensible.

I never believed his story that he was captured by Nazis, and then given "permission" (very strange) to continue making videos. It's incomprehensible, and in fact it's incomprehensible.
So funny, right? Yeah - wouldn't you figure they'd just... do something horrible? After all, the Ukronazis are gunning down their own civilian population left and right. Are they seriously going to back off of Lira because he has a minor internet presence and they might get some bad publicity?

I'm not convinced he's in Ukraine.
For the past two months, he's been repeatedly saying that he could hear the "shelling" getting closer and closer. I'm getting the impression that he is not fearing anything, as if he were an external observer far away from an actual battlefield. His "5-star" hotel is rather well-stocked with coffee filters...

Even though Gonzalo is still bashing the SBU, is he not, in a sense, implying that the SBU is "not so bad" after all, because of how well he is being treated awaiting "trial"?

Something's fishy.

I’ve listened to a few of Lira’s Ukraine pieces and would only note that the two analysts posted above (Ritter and Johnson) along with Andrei Martyanov, Col. Douglas McGregor, the Saker Blog, the Duran, etc. seem to offer deeper and more cogent analyses of the Ukraine conflict.

Like, I don't get the impression that he has all that game or is all that confident, it's more... he sounds like a teenager who's trying to impress his classmates by talking big, bragging about things he's never done and cursing out a lot, to sell the story.

I'm pretty sure that most of what he says is BS. That's usually how people like that operate.

As for his comments on manipulation, well, yeah...

If Person A is going to commit suicide or shoot up a restaurant, and Person B manipulates them into NOT doing it, is that bad/wrong?

Manipulation is like any weapon: It depends on how you use it. It can kill, or it can protect. The trick IMO is to just be aware of when you're doing it, and why - like all emotional stuff. If you run from it, you may never learn enough about it to master it.

I don't have any opinion on Lira one way or another. I was vaguely aware of him as Coach Red Pill back in the day, but was never interested enough in the manosphere/pickup artist community to pay much attention.

It's worth addressing Game, however. Truth is, boys are not taught, at all, how to talk to or approach women. Most of what they're taught is nonsense that sets them up for rejection, failure, and frustration. That's especially so given the total breakdown in sexual relations (have a look at the stats on how many twenty-somethings are virgins). Boys are taught an awkward mixture of things that probably made sense back in the days of chaperoned formal balls but are quite irrelevant in the age of Tinder, layered with a large helping of feminist wishful thinking that has more to do with how ideologues think the sexes should interact than it does with how they do.

Thus, pickup artistry, which came to be referred to as Game. Basically a set of practical techniques that networking guys figured out, which actually work.

Can they be misused? Absolutely. In fact, some of the most visible proponents of Game now abjure it. Roosh, for instance, unpublished all of his books and converted to Orthodox Christianity. After over a decade of unfulfilling, empty hedonism, he realized there had to be more to life.

On the other hand, the techniques can be used for good. A close friend of mine decided it was time to start a family. He studied up on Game, taught himself how to do it, and after a couple of false starts met the mother of his two children. Without it, he'd probably still be single and depressed.

So, I didn’t watch the videos but I do understand the basics of game theory/the red pill for men. A lot of the men who get really into the Rational Male philosophy are jaded men (men going their own way/aka men who are totally off of women or will only use them for sexual gratification and not engage in relationships).

I am a woman and I don’t put too much energy into the negative “all women are hypergamists” crap but I do enjoy reading red pill perspectives and hearing some of what The Godfather (Rollo Tomasi) says about relationships.

Sorry if I’m adding noise but I wouldn’t get too bent out of shape about this guy being a misogynist, he’s just taking sh*tty parts of red pill theory and capitalizing on them. There is some valuable knowledge behind all the nonsense. He may indeed be a psychopath if the game is all he’s interested in.

He more or less says it’s about the money for him. And if you look at the massive amount of content he cranks out, that’s also about YouTube monetizing as well as Patreon. The political analyst schtick is just one more attempt to broaden his market. So for me he is a classic gong banging in the wind making noise with zero esoteric value except to see him for what he is. There are thousands of such guys and gals out there doing the same. So basically I don’t see the point of giving him the stage. He is the very definition of noise.

I’ve listened to a few of Lira’s Ukraine pieces and would only note that the two analysts posted above (Ritter and Johnson) along with Andrei Martyanov, Col. Douglas McGregor, the Saker Blog, the Duran, etc. seem to offer deeper and more cogent analyses of the Ukraine conflict.
Absolutely. Listened to a few of his reports on Ukraine focusing on what is less known/understood or talked about by the good alternative sources. Like for example Poland and her priorities, motivations, goals, etc. in that whole affair. Heard him citing his "informed sources" and "analysts" and talking mostly nonsense. When he was repeating what could be found on Telegram as posted by decent reporters on the ground, he used to get it right. But not exactly since he felt the urge to add something more sensational or "unique" and it was usually made up by him or seen on twitter posted by random trolls.

Given the situation and what we know, I think the most rational position to hold on Gonzalo Lira is one of skepticism. The truth may unravel itself one day in the future but until then, there are a few inconsistencies in his story to warrant a healthy dose of suspicion/skepticism.

Back
Top Bottom