Gurdjieff's Views of Remuneration & Gratitude

SophiaSpeaks

The Force is Strong With This One
Dear Group,

In researching these two topics on the forum here and in the main websites, I have been unsuccessful yet in finding the references to the importance of proper remuneration in supporting the life's work of another & the folly of teaching children perfunctory thank yous. It would be most helpful to read and contemplate these again so any leads or quotes from his work would be greatly appreciated.

One Who Is Still Honoring the Group's Effort...

SlidingN2HomeBase said:
Dear Group,

In researching these two topics on the forum here and in the main websites, I have been unsuccessful yet in finding the references to the importance of proper remuneration in supporting the life's work of another

perhaps this thread will answer your question:

link

Laura said:
Keep in mind that the conditions of your life reflect who you are inside.

Mme de Salsmann said:
"You will see that in life you receive exactly what you give. Your life is the mirror of what you are. It is in your image. You are passive, blind, demanding. You take all, you accept all, without feeling any obligation. Your attitude toward the world and toward life is the attitude of one who has the right to make demands and to take, who has no need to pay or to earn. You believe that all things are your due, simply because it is you! All your blindness is there! None of this strikes your attention. And yet this is what keeps one world separate from another world."
Nearly everything that the average person thinks about money and prosperity is loaded with falsehood and hypocrisy. As Gurdjieff said:

Gurdjieff said:
"No, even if we needed no money at all it would still be necessary to keep this payment. It rids us at once of many useless people. Nothing shows up people so much as their attitude towards money. They are ready to waste as much as you like on their own personal fantasies but they have no valuation whatever of another person's labor. I must work for them and give them gratis everything that they vouchsafe to take from me. 'How is it possible to trade in knowledge? This ought to be free.' It is precisely for this reason that the demand for this payment is necessary. Some people will never pass this barrier. "

Keep in mind that money represents energy. Cassiopaeans have said:

Cassiopaeans said:
A: It should be noted that the STS system can only be penetrated by becoming "wise as serpents and gentle as doves." There is nothing negative about networking. Details of a network include the necessity for those who are involved to invest "energy" in the exchange. If the individual comes upon the life work of another and expects to benefit and gain by that work, they will naturally wish to have their own position balanced by putting forth a commensurate amount of energy. Otherwise there will be an imbalance of energy. This then leads to an STS pyramid. An example of this principle in reverse is a teacher who demands payment for no real work on their own part. The fact that both of you have devoted yourselves to this work for not just a short time, but literally your entire lives, and have not asked for the support that this intensive labor earns has, in effect, created an imbalance for those who are benefiting. Many of those who are experiencing blocks in their own lives would find those blockages dissolved by the action of opening the flow of energy in the exchange. In your world, money equals energy!!!

Thank you, Nomad for your efforts, the middle quote was exactly the one I was looking for. It's all about honor with remuneration, or so I think.

Still in the periphery,

Mary

Back
Top Bottom