H&W show: Interview with Brilliant Researcher Dr. Stephanie Seneff

Gaby

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
This interview blew our minds. A must listen! She synthesized for the lay person key points that would take numerous hours to barely understand from scientific papers. You'll never look at chronic disease the same way again and you would be surprised where and when you can find glyphosate sneaking in. Knowledge protects!

Elliot did a great job leading the conversation and you'll definitely appreciate this interview after attempting to read a few of her papers and colleagues which can literally take multiple hours to just glimpse the gist of it. Other interviews to Stephanie that I listened don't even come nearly as close to all the subjects touched in the H&W show at SOTT Radio Network :cool2:

https://www.sott.net/article/379514-The-Health-Wellness-Show-Interview-with-Brilliant-Researcher-Dr-Stephanie-Seneff

Today on the Health and Wellness Show, we have a very special interview with brilliant researcher Dr. Stephanie Seneff.

Stephanie Seneff is a Senior Research Scientist at the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory. She received the B.S. degree in Biophysics in 1968, the M.S. and E.E. degrees in Electrical Engineering in 1980, and the Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in 1985, all from MIT. For over three decades, her research interests have always been at the intersection of biology and computation: developing a computational model for the human auditory system, understanding human language so as to develop algorithms and systems for human computer interactions, as well as applying natural language processing (NLP) techniques to gene predictions. She has published over 170 refereed articles on these subjects, and has been invited to give keynote speeches at several international conferences. She has also supervised numerous Master's and PhD theses at MIT. In 2012, Dr. Seneff was elected Fellow of the International Speech and Communication Association (ISCA).

In recent years, Dr. Seneff has focused her research interests back towards biology. She is concentrating mainly on the relationship between nutrition and health. Since 2011, she has published over two dozen papers in various medical and health-related journals on topics such as modern day diseases (e.g., Alzheimer, autism, cardiovascular diseases), analysis and search of databases of drug side effects using NLP techniques, and the impact of nutritional deficiencies and environmental toxins on human health.

Join us for a fascinating discussion with Dr. Seneff where we'll be covering a wide variety of topics on human health and nutrition.

Running Time: 01:17:33

For more information on her research, type "Stephanie Seneff" on the search function at SOTT.net.

Thank-you for the most amazing show with Dr Stephanie. Great questions and answers. Very well done.

Surely Glyphosate is straight out of the 4D STS playbook. It is so detrimental to health.

I listened to the interview today and was totally amazed by the information about viruses and bacteria, and how "getting sick" can be actually beneficial. It is totally mind-blowing to realize that our body may be "getting infected" on purpose in order to initiate the process of getting the nutrients or components it needs for its proper functioning. Who knew that we may be having a symbiotic relationship with a flu virus!

Considering the topic of information theory, and how viruses play a role in rearranging DNA, and it makes the whole issue even more fascinating!

Yeah! This was a very interesting, and mind blowing interview. Thank you for arranging this. :thup:

Keit said:
Considering the topic of information theory, and how viruses play a role in rearranging DNA, and it makes the whole issue even more fascinating!

Yeah, it is pretty fascinating. It gives a new perspective to this subject.

It made a lot of sense. I've long suspected that illnesses were a way for the body to make adjustments. Just didn't know how exactly. The C's emphatically stated that GMO's were very bad for us. Now I'm wondering how much of that is directly connected to Glyphosate?

Also, how much of the effectiveness of the elimination diet is directly related to Glyphosate?

genero81 said:
The C's emphatically stated that GMO's were very bad for us. Now I'm wondering how much of that is directly connected to Glyphosate?

What is a pity that there is no way to know exactly what products were treated with Glyphosate. At the beginning I wasn't particularly worried, because GMOs are banned in Russia and Monsanto is being seen as the devil. But apparently they do have a valid licence (up until 2024!) to sell Glyphosate here, so anyone can buy it and use it. Hopefully this crap is expensive for most Russian farmers. At least they probably have lesser presence than in the US.

But apparently they still manage to do a lot of damage because many US products (like potato chips and breakfast cereals) that are being sold in Russia contain high levels of Glyphosate. Thankfully, this kind of stuff is not an issue if you make sure to keep the diet and eat healthy.

The interview was great, guys! The show description was apt; Dr. seneff was brilliant. Boy, that glyphosate is some insidiously evil stuff :O

You can find the book that she talked about here:

Cindy & Erica's Obsession to Solve Today's Health Care Crisis: Autism, Alzheimer's Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, ALS and More
by Stephanie Seneff PhD
Link(Kindle): http://a.co/iKz58lw
Link(Paperback): http://a.co/5XHYJFs

And her website is: https://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/

Keit said:
I listened to the interview today and was totally amazed by the information about viruses and bacteria, and how "getting sick" can be actually beneficial. It is totally mind-blowing to realize that our body may be "getting infected" on purpose in order to initiate the process of getting the nutrients or components it needs for its proper functioning. Who knew that we may be having a symbiotic relationship with a flu virus!

Stephanie was such a terrific guest, as she has been on other shows such as the Vaccines Revealed documentary, she took ideas to a different level in this talk. Wow!

This getting sick business, yeah, and not that this may make sense, yet noticed this in the discussion on Friday having just spent the week fighting off the flu/fever; being down and out - down on myself for getting sick, out because I ran out of energy. What was weird about it was I felt fine and suddenly after eating an egg last Saturday it was like a trigger was pulled - a memory trigger. The eggs were from a farmer I usually don't get them from.

In the discussion (and only caught the last part initially reading on the chat) the issue of chloride(s) came up (I think related to the lady who was helping people with Autism) and there was chat of either some type of MMS, which brought back memories of old discussion. I'm looking at Seneff's web page and can't find reference - does anyone recall?

As for glyphosate, oh boy, yes it is the devil incarnate and remembered reading on how the industry studies were useless because of how the patents were focused, and it is some type of recombination of 'secret' adjuncts in the chemical sauce that hides its true evil from those testing because they are focused on glyphosate (singular) as it reads by patent and not as a whole with its parts interacting. Maybe this is like testing a simple polyunsaturate food oil that completely changes its structure once heated. Something within the glyphosate ingredients triggers it to take on characteristics and can't remember how this reads. If true, how does this affect how Stephanie looks at the structures and is something hiding within them that provides its negative charge/effects to the body? I'll have to look for this study, however, if anyone remembers this it is something I would like to have Stephanie opine about.

Sample from PMC: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5484035/

Although GBH use has increased dramatically in the last 10 years, most of the science used in the risk assessment process to support its safety was conducted more than 30 years ago. In the US EPA's 1993 registration review of GBHs,6 for example, 73% of the almost 300 citations were published prior to 1985; importantly, only 11 were peer-reviewed. A search of PubMed (conducted 6 November 2016) reveals more than 1500 published studies on glyphosate in the last decade alone. It is incongruous that safety assessments of the most widely used herbicide on the planet rely largely on fewer than 300 unpublished, non-peer-reviewed studies while excluding the vast, modern literature on glyphosate effects.

[...]

GBHs are always used as a mixture of glyphosate plus numerous other so called inert ingredients, which are added to alter the herbicide's physicochemical properties and enhance its herbicidal action. Some inert ingredients or chemicals are used to enhance the adhesion of glyphosate to plant surfaces (eg, alkyl polyglycosides), whereas others facilitate its penetration of plant cell walls and into plant tissues (eg, ethoxylated tallow amines) to exert its herbicidal effects. Unfortunately, the full list of these chemicals, collectively known as adjuvants or coformulants, is treated as a trade secret by the manufacturers; the composition of GBHs are unknown and available data on the hazards posed by different mixtures remain limited.

Chemical mixtures can have effects that are more potent than the effects of individual ingredients.40 GBHs have been shown to be more toxic than glyphosate.41–44 It also should be noted that some of the studies discussed in the previous section of this review evaluated GBHs, and thus likely reveal effects that may not be observed if studies examined only the active ingredient. These results reveal that GBH safety evaluations focused on glyphosate alone can underestimate toxicity and are insufficient to assess relevance to human and environmental exposures. Although the number of commercial formulations is extensive and will be difficult to study comprehensively, we propose that the most widely applied GBH formulations should be tested in parallel with glyphosate alone.

What a fascinating show! It ties so much of the health topics together. Thank you so much for the interview, absolutely amazing stuff! :thup:

voyageur said:
In the discussion (and only caught the last part initially reading on the chat) the issue of chloride(s) came up (I think related to the lady who was helping people with Autism) and there was chat of either some type of MMS, which brought back memories of old discussion. I'm looking at Seneff's web page and can't find reference - does anyone recall?

Stephanie was wondering about the healing potential of chlorine products in this subgroup of autistic children who were also undergoing hyperbaric chamber oxygen therapy, dietary and supplement support. We were discussing microbes and their alternative role in supplying sulfate to the body, "so the host won't die".

It could have been the chlorine interaction with the hyperbaric chamber oxygen therapy that made it safe and/or react in a way that balanced the autistic children's biochemical disarrays. The children received various therapies and not a single thing. Stephanie had a theory of what might be going on based on chlorine's role in our bodies though.

As for glyphosate, oh boy, yes it is the devil incarnate and remembered reading on how the industry studies were useless because of how the patents were focused, and it is some type of recombination of 'secret' adjuncts in the chemical sauce that hides its true evil from those testing because they are focused on glyphosate (singular) as it reads by patent and not as a whole with its parts interacting.

It rings a bell from something I read on SOTT. The other compounds in Round-Up just makes everything else synergistically much more toxic than "glyphosate alone".

It is important to keep in mind how living systems incorporate the Trojan horse glyphosate (instead of glycine) so readily into their biochemical structures: enzymes, receptors, proteins, etc. Glyphosate makes all the heavy metals much more damaging (and possibly the other way around). In one of the studies, Stephanie et al. analyzed gelatin-containing pharmaceuticals and supplements and found glyphosate in all of them. I don't know if they claimed a GMO-free label though. Think of all the products that contain gelatin fillers in them. Gelatin is literally everywhere. Digestive enzyme supplements readily incorporate glyphosate as a glycine substitute and many other biochemical structures as well.

I'm weary now to recommend bone broth on a daily basis if the person just buys the bones from the local butcher, coming from animals who were fed glyphosate-full feed. According to the various analysis, bone marrows are the richest in glyphosate.

Stephanie didn't recommend loading up on glycine to counteract the glyphosate. Any excess glycine converts to alanine. Though I would guess that the standard max dose for glycine should be okay.

Probably this is why sulforaphane in broccoli sprouts are so famous right now thanks to Rhonda Patrick's information about it:

https://eatmovehack.com/rhonda-patrick-nootropic-effects-sulforaphane/

Apparently, it is the nootropic par excellence. Perhaps it is related to its sulfur-containing chemical.

Just some additional thoughts that came to mind from the interview.

Gaby said:
It could have been the chlorine interaction with the hyperbaric chamber oxygen therapy that made it safe and/or react in a way that balanced the autistic children's biochemical disarrays. The children received various therapies and not a single thing. Stephanie had a theory of what might be going on based on chlorine's role in our bodies though.

That makes sense, I'll follow that up with someone who is well versed in hyperbaric chambers and see how they opine.

Here what you are saying about bone broth - source is critical, and yet glyphosate has become so wide spread you just don't know how deeply it has inculcated into things. Horrible.

Thanks for the explanations and Rhonda link.

Gaby said:

I wondered how you'd go about neutralising glyphosate. So I did a search on cleaning spraying equipment and some are suggesting that using a weak bleach or ammonia solution neutralises glyphosate when cleaning the equipment.

Stephanie was a very interesting guest!

Jones said:
Gaby said:

I wondered how you'd go about neutralising glyphosate. So I did a search on cleaning spraying equipment and some are suggesting that using a weak bleach or ammonia solution neutralises glyphosate when cleaning the equipment.

Stephanie was a very interesting guest!
Unfortunately, its not as simple as that. Glyphosate is said to become incorporated into proteins via protein synthesis to replace glycine, which means it is literally embedded within the structure of the molecules in the food. This is especially true for meat, since collagen (most abundant protein in the body) holds muscle fibres together.

The only way that seems viable is to reduced exposure and attempt to detox it via various methods.

Back
Top Bottom