Happy Mother's Day, 2021.

FRANCE : FETE DES MERES 2021. Contrairement à ce que l'on pourrait croire, la date de la fête des mères 2021 ne tombait pas ce 9 mai en France, mais aura bien lieu le dimanche 30 mai. On vous explique l'imbroglio qui vous a peut-être mis le doute.

My husband, my daughter and I went to visit my mother-in-law today. We’ve had our problems with each other in the past, but I just had a feeling that we should see her. It was such a beautiful day, so we went for a short walk. She lives in the suburbs, near fields and woods, with all kinds of fruit trees in bloom. We only spoke of pleasant things, but not in a superficial, fake way. We both made an effort to connect. I hope we can keep it up.
She received the Pfizer vaccine some weeks ago. I noticed her breathing was laboured and her skin had an unhealthy pallor, though before she had always seemed rather youthful for an elderly lady. Still, we all made the most of the day.
I think the romance novels have taken effect! 🌼

Thank you for sharing your account with us, cassandra! It sounds like you and your family had a lovely day with your mother in law. Sorry to hear she's in a weakened state after the vaccine and hope she will get at least some of her vigor back. :flowers:

Also, Happy Mother's Day to all mothers! 🌹

My husband, my daughter and I went to visit my mother-in-law today. We’ve had our problems with each other in the past, but I just had a feeling that we should see her. It was such a beautiful day, so we went for a short walk. She lives in the suburbs, near fields and woods, with all kinds of fruit trees in bloom. We only spoke of pleasant things, but not in a superficial, fake way. We both made an effort to connect. I hope we can keep it up.
She received the Pfizer vaccine some weeks ago. I noticed her breathing was laboured and her skin had an unhealthy pallor, though before she had always seemed rather youthful for an elderly lady. Still, we all made the most of the day.
I think the romance novels have taken effect! 🌼
That sounds like a good day :) good on both of you ladies, I hope she starts doing better soon, regardless of one disagreeing or not, the suffering is real, and that's the tragedy of it all. So perhaps a walk and a sincere conversation is the best one can do, I am sure she appreciated it.

And Happy Mother's day to all who celebrated it today :)

Back
Top Bottom