Heavy breathing and belly lump in my little budgie parrot ( parakeet )

He suffered for 2 months and during that time I tried to do everything I could to help him, but unfortunatly his time came.
The next day my son still cried from time to time when he was thinking about him.
Now it is ok and we are going forward. It is amazing how such a little creature can bond so much with the whole family.
Thank you for your support and help.

I agree about how one tiny animal can bond people together. It is amazing how much empathy, compassion, joy, and love an animal can generate in us, and how much they help us be human.
So sorry for you and your family's loss.
Take care all.

My sincere condolences Konstantin, you did what was possible. I hope your son is feeling better. Receive big hugs from me for you and your son. May your little parrot rest in peace. :hug2:

After my parakeet was gone, we decided to find another one because it was so strange and quiet without him. I keeping parrots my whole life and I am used to their noise.
We are still remembering him and how cute and the intelligent bird he was. The whole family loved him

One day I found some interesting clips on youtube about Indian ringneck parakeets. I have never seen them before.They were so beautiful and interesting and I showed them to my son and he told me that it will be nice if we can get one like that.

So, the next day I have a conversation with one old friend on FB, who was working in a big pet shop in the past in another town.
We haven't talked for few months and I was explaining to him what happened to my parakeet. I asked him if he can find me some young Indian ringneck parakeet.
After few days he messaged me and he told me that he found only one young male, green color. He sends me some pictures and we decided to buy it. The price was about 70 eur
It was not too expensive and we could afford it.

His family lives near me and they were going to visit him the next day so, we agreed that they will bring us the parrot when they will back at home.
So, on the 8-th of January in the evening our new Indian ringneck parrot arrive at home.

He was very upset and if somebody would come near the cage he would start to freak out and run and jump all over the cage.
So, to shorten the story, today about 2 and a half months later he is calmer and he is coming to get food from my hand. His cage is open during the whole day and it is a very intelligent bird.
He is learning very fast. He is not stepping up on the hand unless there is a food that he likes, but over time he will learn that too.

He already became the new member of our family.

Congratulations on the new family member, Konstantin. It sounds like the little fellow will warm up to you all slowly, but surely. :)

Great news Konstantin! The new family member sounds like he's quite a character, I'm sure he'll learn quickly that sitting on someone's hand can be fun even when there are no treats involved :) I'm glad the joyful birdie singing is back in your house :D

Congrats on the new family member, I love Indian redneck parakeets :D they're very good talkers too! :)

Congratulations, Konstantin! It's good to see that you, your son and your whole family have this new addition to your family to enjoy and take care of. May you have many pleasurable years with him and may the wounds of your loss of the other be healed a bit by this.

I've never seen a ringneck parakeep so googled them and found some images of them. They're beautiful. If some day you feel he wouldn't be scared of having his picture taken, maybe you could share it with us?

Nienna said:
Congratulations, Konstantin! It's good to see that you, your son and your whole family have this new addition to your family to enjoy and take care of. May you have many pleasurable years with him and may the wounds of your loss of the other be healed a bit by this.

I've never seen a ringneck parakeep so googled them and found some images of them. They're beautiful. If some day you feel he wouldn't be scared of having his picture taken, maybe you could share it with us?

Of course, I already have a picture of him eating an apple. His favorite food. ( Or her favorite food I still don't know. He has about 7-9 months now and I will now in about a year when he will be full grown ( mature ) bird)

Besides that he eats, peppers, banana, pumpkin( baked ). From seeds, he eats only sunflower seeds. I tried other kinds of seeds but he didn't eat them.

Attachments

• 20180204_100458.jpg
    20180204_100458.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 50
Konstantin said:
Nienna said:

Of course, I already have a picture of him eating an apple. His favorite food. ( Or her favorite food I still don't know. He has about 7-9 months now and I will now in about a year when he will be full grown ( mature ) bird)

Besides that he eats, peppers, banana, pumpkin( baked ). From seeds, he eats only sunflower seeds. I tried other kinds of seeds but he didn't eat them.
Hi Konstantin,

Apologies as only just caught up with this thread. You suffered a sad loss with your budgie I’m sorry I missed that a sad time for you and your family. :hug2:

Good to see your new parakeet is settling in. Looks like a beautiful bird. :)

Thank you everybody. It is a beautiful and funny bird. They are known as a birds that are not very easy to train, but with enough time and patient he will learn that he is safe with people.

Back
Top Bottom