Heavy breathing and belly lump in my little budgie parrot ( parakeet )

He's adorable, thank you for sharing the picture. So happy to hear you have a new addition to the family!

When I was growing up we had parakeets and canaries in addition a menagerie of cats and dogs - it was never dull! Birds are such delightful creatures.

Konstantin said:
He already became the new member of our family.

That is awesome, Konstantin! Wish your family and the little guy (or gal) many good moments together. :flowers:

3 months after my last post here I just wanted to post few images from my parrot.
He is more relaxed now and he started to step up on a hand. He just loves to play with one of his favorite toys, a seashell or a bottlecap.
I have him since January and in these 6 months, he is not letting anyone come very close to him except me.
He is terrified of my son. :-)
As soon as he enters the room he wants to fly and run away from him. Even when he hears his voice.

Since the beginning, I was the only one who was trying to get his trust and I am cleaning and feeding him every day, Maybe that is the reason he is more relaxed with me.
So I think other family members should step up more and try to get his trust by feeding and cleaning him more so they can earn his thrust.

What else can I say
He is an excellent companion in this mad and cruel world these days. :-)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 21
Those are great pictures, Konstantin! And, thank you for sharing. From the pictures, he does look very comfortable with you. And, I think you are right that he needs to get to know the other members of your family before he can trust them. As for your son, I know that children make quicker movements and that may be part of the problem, along with his voice being higher (I'm assuming that it is as he is still a child, right?). Maybe if they gave him something he likes every now and then, even if it is just putting it in his cage, would eventually win him over.

And, your parrot is beautiful!

Those are great pictures, Konstantin! And, thank you for sharing. From the pictures, he does look very comfortable with you. And, I think you are right that he needs to get to know the other members of your family before he can trust them. As for your son, I know that children make quicker movements and that may be part of the problem, along with his voice being higher (I'm assuming that it is as he is still a child, right?). Maybe if they gave him something he likes every now and then, even if it is just putting it in his cage, would eventually win him over.

And, your parrot is beautiful!

Thank you Nienna. I totally agree with you and I think that his quick movements and higher voice pitch are the reason why the parrot is scared of him. He is scared of all kind of sudden quick movements. Yes, he is still a child, 11 years old.

Since the beginning, I was the only one who was trying to get his trust and I am cleaning and feeding him every day, Maybe that is the reason he is more relaxed with me.
So I think other family members should step up more and try to get his trust by feeding and cleaning him more so they can earn his thrust.

Sounds about right! You probably know all of this, but here are couple of videos that maybe helpful.

Back
Top Bottom