Help to understand blood test results...

Check for ferritin, TIBC, transferrin saturation and transferrin. Add CRP and VSG as inflammatory markers and it will give you a better overall picture.

Hello Gaby, I just received my ferritin results.
Here it is.

ferritine herimiaina.jpg

Researching things, I notive CRP and VSG have been tested in my previous blood test.

CRP (Protéine C-Reactive) : 1.3mg/L
VSG (Vitesse de sédimentation) : 1h 3mm

Others things that caught my eyes are :

Vitamin D : 288.8 nmol/l 115.5 ng/ml
The recommended range say 50 to 80ng/ml so should I slow down a bit on Vit D ?.

Creatinine : 101,3 umol/L - 11,4 mg/L
Glomerular filtration rate : 83,61
(It says Normal is > 90. And between 60 to 89 say : Chronic kidney disease with slightly decreased GFR.)

The rest of the results

glycemie_herimiaina.png

Ionogramme simple_herimiaina.png

Enzymologie_herimiaina.png
enzymologie 2_herimiaina.png

hemogramme_herimiaina.png

Attachments

• Enzymologie_herimiaina.png
    Enzymologie_herimiaina.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 2
Vitamin D3 looks good, but slow down a teensy bit, just enough to maintain levels. If you're under 66 years old, donate some blood, as often as the blood bank allows you or some 3 times a year.

Vitamin D3 looks good, but slow down a teensy bit, just enough to maintain levels. If you're under 66 years old, donate some blood, as often as the blood bank allows you or some 3 times a year.

Thank you very much Dr Gaby.
I'll see if I can start donating blood tomorrow as there's a donation bank close to my workplace.

I did a blood test a few days ago, picture is below. Liver enzymes AST and ALT are elevated, which is worrying, but also cholesterol. Glucose is low. I've read that higher AST and ALT could be due to iron overload on another forum thread. Any feedback is welcome.

Regarding diet, I usually do a keto breakfast (red meat, some butter or coconut oil), and then I have dinner with some meat and veggies, or occasionally rice.

IMG_20220405_192831444.jpg

Reactions: Yas
I did a blood test a few days ago, picture is below. Liver enzymes AST and ALT are elevated, which is worrying, but also cholesterol. Glucose is low. I've read that higher AST and ALT could be due to iron overload on another forum thread. Any feedback is welcome.
You can follow that up with iron overload markers: iron, TIBC, transferrine, transferrine saturation and ferritine. It would not hurt to add serology for liver hepatitis C and B and A.

Depending on the results, you can have a liver ultrasound.

Back
Top Bottom