Helping someone's who's been sucked dry

Tigersoap

The Living Force
Recently, a good friend of my wife and I ended up a relationship with someone who's probably very narcissic if not outright psychopathic (I don't have enough data on his behavior to judge correctly though.).

That person totally played mind games with our friend who was ready to move out of the country and leave everything behind for that person.

Thankfully, our friend backed up at the last minute but is now convinced that it's all his fault and has still strong attachment for that person.

That person has been showing a face during the seduction period (emails mostly) but each visit has been a hardship for our friend has the other person was very cold, distant, if not hostile per moment.

Now, we were wondering how to help our friend to stop feeling guilty for what happened although, clear signs are there that it's the other person who is twisting the events to his advantage to deflect all responsabilities from himself.

It's quite difficult to "break" the illusion our friend has from his relationship.

We don't want to be too harsh has it's already a difficult period as it is and every attempt from our part to discuss as objectively as possible results in our friend protecting the other person from any responsabilty.

I suppose that if he keeps talking about it with us and we keep asking him to try to be objective about his situation and what happened that might help him.

I understand that it's not our role to make things right or to make him realize what happened (we could be wrong, that's a possibilty), especially I don't want to remove his free will in accepting our vision instead of his but I was wondering if there wasn't some way to help break the spell.

I really understand now, how vital is the understanding of all forms of spell-binding as it would have probably protected our friend in parts if not totally.

Thanks for any input.

Back
Top Bottom