How do I insert articles, pics, videos into my posts on my laptop?

Funny thing is, the Redrock 12 video in the other thread (What are you listening to) keeps giving different failed URLs every time I clicked on it, so it probably is part of a playlist as well. That explains even better why it won't play.

This presumably means the whole list has been embedded in stead of the one only video you wanted to share.

After ample consideration, I'm now pretty convinced that the reason Redrock 12 didn't succeed in correctly posting his video must have been that he probably skipped a crucial preliminary step which most people know about and take for granted.

In order to post any video (or other media from the list) you first have to activate the video itself in a new tab or window (whatever you prefer and habitually choose). Doing that ensures that you single out only one video at any time and will have the correct address of it (URL) in the address bar for copy/pasting. This also prevents you from unwittingly embedding playlist like sequences of multiple videos without intending to do so, as could have happened with your Cat Stevens video.

As for copy/pasting itself, the preferred method would be to right-click the address bar at an empty space of it, choose copy in the drop down menu and then pasting it in the Insert media thingy within your post box. This will guarantee a flawless transfer whereas manually highlighting and copy/pasting would be more prone to making mistakes, which could also be the sort of mistake that crept in while trying to post your video, I presume.

In terms of the Mozart example:

[MEDIA} https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0UmrCXxVA [/MEDIA]

the suffix/extension in red has to be included, has to be complete, and has to be without any flaw. Otherwise, your video cannot and will not play.

If you put the URL of a YT vid on it's own line when writing a post, it should be automatically loaded as a vid.

Here I will paste the address of a YT vid:

And here I type more text.

As I'm writing my post, it looks like this:

Code:
Here I will paste the address of a YT vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa5sbVFWF8k

And here I type more text.

DONE!

Thanks Scottie for chiming in. :thup:

Our discussion circles around this post (#7,995) in the What are you listening to thread.

Are you able to determine what went wrong with it ?

Thanks Scottie for chiming in. :thup:

Our discussion circles around this post (#7,995) in the What are you listening to thread.

Are you able to determine what went wrong with it ?

The video entitled October Project: Ariel? It works fine for me.

Might be a copyright issue based on region? That's about the only thing I can think of...

No, the current video in post #7,995 entitled October Project: Ariel posted by Zzartemis is NOT the problematic video Redrock 12 had originally posted at that particular spot. His post has been removed on my request as can be seen in post #15 of this thread. You can check it by clicking the link in my previous post #19 which now is faulty.

Redrock's video was from Cat Stevens and was entitled Morning has broken. For some reason that one wouldn't play which was the cause for the request of its removal. Our discussion here was aimed at establishing what exactly went wrong during the process of posting as Redrock is - in his own words - a computer dummy.

That discussion has now become somewhat obsolete as his non-functional post has been removed. He now can try again with the knowledge gained from this thread. Hopefully he gets it right this time... :whistle:

Oh, I see... Well, that video shows up as "Video Unavailable" on YT. So, for whatever reason, it was taken down.

Yes, that was my conclusion as well but I later discovered there are dozens of videos of that particular song both by Cat Stevens as well as cover versions by others and what have you, like versions with lyrics and so on. So my suspicion was that Redrock 12 somehow had inadvertantly posted a whole series of videos of that particular song without the proper URL and that this was the reason it wouldn't play - not its unavailability as such.

Anyway, all has been made clear now thanks to your assistance. Hope it will help Redrock 12 and all others with similar problems.

Congratulations, Redrock 12. I'm listening to it now while I type this message. Nice song to share, was worth all the efforts IMO.

Still to make a few refinements though, as you posted it three times and screwed up the first one. But congrats regardless !!

Congratulations, Redrock 12. I'm listening to it now while I type this message. Nice song to share, was worth all the efforts IMO.

Still to make a few refinements though, as you posted it three times and screwed up the first one. But congrats regardless !!
Agreed Palinurus, but I got the basics down, so I just have to, like you say, make a few refinements.
Again, thanks everyone for your help and patience. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom