How do you spread the word?

Hi, just wanted to post some designs - here's one of them:
(small size for forum)
tshirtsottsmall.jpg

T shirts are a great idea.
I would be happy to print out some flyers and place them in some of the local coffee shops downtown and on campus.

anya said:
T shirts are a great idea.
I would be happy to print out some flyers and place them in some of the local coffee shops downtown and on campus.

Hi anya,
do you know this page: Promote Signs of the Times - Spread The Word!?
There are maybe some pretty good designs ready printing. Other languages (the flyer texts) should be as well available, but couldn't find them right away.

Perceval said:
Just FYI. Sott design Tees will be available for sale in the not too distant future. Stay tooned!

That sounds like a really good strategy to support and to promote sott!!
I'm looking forward fo the available designs.

The Cassiopeia supernova, which I believe is Megapode's avatar is a beautiful design for a T shirt.

Also as previously stated the crop circles have some beautiful designs. Then again I just love all things circular and containing red or purple.

gawan said:
do you know this page: Promote Signs of the Times - Spread The Word!?
There are maybe some pretty good designs ready printing.

For where I live in the US I think that many of these designs would be too complicated for the people who would be looking at the signs (maybe I'm wrong? :huh:). I think a good idea would be just a black and white flyer with something simple like "The News for People Who Think" sott.net and maybe with some black and white design on it. These would be easy to print out and stick up everywhere on the campus where I live.

Also I was thinking it might be a good idea to have some type of advertisement for Ark's work at Quantum Future Physics. At the bottom could also be the cassiopaea site link and sott.net. I could post these in the physics building at my school and maybe the library or other science buildings. What do you guys think about this?

I have one of those old cassiopaea shirts with "Knowlege Protects" on the back but I usually felt like I would come under attack when wearing it. I'm not sure how I would explain such a shirt to the people I come across on the street. Any ideas about this?

--- Hi Oxajil

That speech, really awesome you did that. That design also.

--- Hey E

I never saw such a thing before. I mean it’s so tempting to actually rip one of. Also you can’t miss it. ‘Home of the most dangerous idea in the world’ It really has to make you curious.

Just genius. You mind if I make my own?

About those posters?

http://www.sott.net/signs/promote_sott.php/

Those posters especially that first one, I think it really has such a strong message. It’s at the moment you look at it, clear what is meant.

Where possible I will try to hang them up at public places.

Spoken about mine mine field of operation, mostly it lies well at bars, Jehovah witnesses and people unknown to me in real life with MSN.

I really would like to give a speech if the opportunity arises. Of course it would also be great if I can get permission to promote ‘sott.com’ with it. If not than I just leave that out.
Well if that happens I will let it know.

bjorn said:
You mind if I make my own?

Not at all! The more the merrier! :) I hardly have a patent on that idea! I just took an existing pic from Google images advertising ballet classes and manipulated it a little bit in Photoshop. There's 2 schools in advertising, always debating the same thing. The one school are proponents of 'to the point' 'in your face' repetitive advertising (I'm usually with them), the other school believe in the subliminal, 'teaser' type mystery approach.

In this particular case I’m with the latter. We are all inherently a little curious.

- I was thinking

Placing those things around poles isn’t that considered vandalism? I mean I think it wouldn’t be a good idea if ‘sott.com’ would be associated with that.

Still there won’t be any permanent damage. Those things are easily removed.

But… Since more kind of ‘advertisement’ will arise maybe a section on the website like ‘help us spread the word’ or ‘promote sott.com’ would be a way to encourage people into doing so. They may print flyers, posters in order to do so.

- I think that there is plenty of talent available especially with ‘The Artchemical Matter’

Maybe by starting a topic in the ‘Creative Acts’ section will do, to actually encourage all who will into trying to make all kinds of ‘advertisement’ products. Who knows some good ideas may come from.

Just a note that those posters are soon to all be updated with sott.net replacing the old signs-of-the-times.org -- should be any day now!

Alright, Really exiting. :D

bjorn said:
- I was thinking

Placing those things around poles isn’t that considered vandalism? I mean it wouldn’t be a good idea if ‘sott.com’ would be associated with that.

Well I think it depends on where you live and you would have to excersise discernment here. Like where I live, in down-town there are a lot of places that have walls and light poles, etc covered with posters. Covering topics from guitar lessons and concerts to political slogans etc. And then, there are places in small towns that consider the act of putting up commercials for anything vandalism, so it really depends on where you live and what the rules are, osit.

Well I think it depends on where you live

I believe you actually get whiplashes in Singapore if they caught you by that.

There are also at mine city certain places where walls are entirely covered. Not only that put it appears like there is a real kind of rivalry between those people who engage themselves in such activities. Those walls really chance at the minute sort of speak.

I think it wouldn’t be bad if we may pay attention in our own surroundings in ways to promote.

Like certain protests, debates, concerts.

Gawan- Thanks for the tip about the posters. I downloaded several of them and printed copies. I printed an article about psychopaths on the reverse side. I just finished my first round of distribution. In a few weeks, I will pick out another poster and article and distribute them. :)

Back
Top Bottom