How does one comment on articles in the Signs Page?

Redrock12

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I would like to know how one goes about posting comments within the articles on the Signs page.

Redrock12 said:
I would like to know how one goes about posting comments within the articles on the Signs page.
Hi Redrock12,

You have to login (look at the top of the SOTT page) and become a member. After that, you can write comments after that.

In the box below "login" I entered my first name. And then I filled in the password box. Then I hit "enter" and it did nothing. Also, a sentence in green, almost like a warning that said "You should not have come old man, your powers are weak." What's with that? And I would like to know what I did or didn't do that I couldn't log in. But the green type is intriguing as well as interesting. Anyone know anything about that?
Also, how do I get rid of of the Delete and Edit in the lower right hand corner of my forum posts?
Please reply someone. :/

Redrock12 said:
In the box below "login" I entered my first name. And then I filled in the password box. Then I hit "enter" and it did nothing. Also, a sentence in green, almost like a warning that said "You should not have come old man, your powers are weak." What's with that? And I would like to know what I did or didn't do that I couldn't log in. But the green type is intriguing as well as interesting. Anyone know anything about that?
Hmm... Sounds like you entered into the perpendicular realm D'Atreids (aka the 'All Killa, no philla' tech moderator).

Have you tried to become a member of the Signs page? It's a separate process from the forum setup.

Redrock said:
Also, how do I get rid of of the Delete and Edit in the lower right hand corner of my forum posts?
Please reply someone.
The 'please reply someone' sounds like you're begging/ demanding. I don't know if this is the case but it is my impression, and one I've had before in some of your posts. fwiw.

Redrock12 said:
/
Maybe first of all, click on the red label Click here to learn about the new Signs of the Times. .

As i said, you click on login, and after you can become a member by clicking on Register.

As far as the green sentence, it is kind of a manner to tell you that you are not registered.

Redrock12 said:
Please reply someone. :/
You have to register separately for the Signs page:

http://www.signs-of-the-times.org/users/signup

BTW, you can't get rid of the Delete and Edit links on the forum. Your powers are weak old man :P

Sorry if I came across as begging/demanding. I guess I was begging though. Again, sorry.
Anyway, I'll give it another try and see what happens. Thanks for all of your help.

I can't resist....Now you are sounding too apologetic. Walk the line soldier, lest you be barraged with a paragraph of full metal jacket drill sergeant quotes...LOL.

Redrock12 said:
Sorry if I came across as begging/demanding. I guess I was begging though. Again, sorry.
'Being sorry' and begging are often equally mechanical things. I think the helpful thing is to see if there is any pattern here and if so to learn about it. Certainly begging for help on a minor technical matter seems not to be so harmful, however our root programs might be traced by studying their appearance through 'minor issues' where they seem to most readily appear. As Ark has said, the devil is in the details.

Was the sorrow a result of conscious efforts, or did it just 'happen'? Mechanical sorrow can make us feel separated from others and also maintains the division within from our true selves. A useful type of sorrow is what, as you may already be aware, Gurdjieff termed 'remorse-of-conscience.' In these instances of conscious conscience-remorse we strengthen the human bond internally and externally. My guess would be that in your feeling sorry you probably felt more separated from the group (although I don't know if that's the case). When we notice that separation, particularly in a sincere network, we can be pretty sure that it is some program working against our humanity.

Shane said:
Redrock12 said:
'Being sorry' and begging are often equally mechanical things. I think the helpful thing is to see if there is any pattern here and if so to learn about it. Certainly begging for help on a minor technical matter seems not to be so harmful, however our root programs might be traced by studying their appearance through 'minor issues' where they seem to most readily appear. As Ark has said, the devil is in the details.

Was the sorrow a result of conscious efforts, or did it just 'happen'? Mechanical sorrow can make us feel separated from others and also maintains the division within from our true selves. A useful type of sorrow is what, as you may already be aware, Gurdjieff termed 'remorse-of-conscience.' In these instances of conscious conscience-remorse we strengthen the human bond internally and externally. My guess would be that in your feeling sorry you probably felt more separated from the group (although I don't know if that's the case). When we notice that separation, particularly in a sincere network, we can be pretty sure that it is some program working against our humanity.
And sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

It was a rather minor request. Help or don't help, but keep perspective.

Cheers.

Yes, to me it sounded like the 'please respond someone' was more from frustration than anything else. I don't really think it warrants a 'reprimand' - which is how what you've written is coming across, Shane. You probably didn't mean for it to come across that way, but, just in case. fwiw.

Thanks Anart and Azur for your feedback.

Redrock, I did not mean to reprimand. I think I made a stink where there was really none to be made. I was pretty hesitant to write anything at all, as I did have recognition that it was pretty much a non-issue. So why did I post? I think what probably influenced me was our initial exchange on the forum where you had come across as demanding. I didn't reply to you then; but it probably would have been better I had. It's interesting how a past impression, if not shared, can become an influence of distortion - I think. So, my apologies.

Back
Top Bottom