How does one die properly and not become a hungry ghost?

Aeneas

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
In the recent series of Knowledge and Being, Laura discusses a lot about attachments, which I find very useful to know about. In the video series, Laura further mentions how religion is one of the main culprits in hindering people to properly go through the death process and thus end up becoming dead dudes or as the Chinese would call them, hungry ghosts.

So what should be a totally natural thing, that of dying and recycling, transitioning from one phase of life to the next, thus becomes a major bottleneck experience of getting stuck in a no-mans land, due to a lack of knowledge and preparation.

There is the Egyptian book of the dead" and there are the "Tibetan book of the dead" as well as "The Tibetan book of living and dying", but that does not make any of them authorities on dying. They are part of religious belief systems that are for foreign for most of us.

Gurdjieff also put a lot of emphasis on dying, as is evident when reading "The last hour of life."

So the simple question is: How does one die properly? How does one make the transition that takes place, when leaving this mortal coil?

This should be the most common knowledge and yet it isn't. I looked up "dying" in the search engine on this forum and got 17 replies, which were all from the "Tickle me section", which in itself is a bit amusing.

Death will come to us all sooner or later. It could come from plaque, meteor bombardments, but it could also just come from old age or a traffic accident. Are we prepared and if not, shouldn't we be? How can we help not only ourselves, but also those around us, so that they/we, when death happens don't end up as dead dudes or hungry ghosts, but actually make the transition and go to the light?

And if we go to the light is that enough? I remember the C's saying something about this to the effect of having no expectations whatsoever. Further I have read from various books on near death etc., that Christians will see Jesus, Muslims will see Muhammad and so on, BUT that these are just traps as that is what they expect to see.

I know that I have put a few questions up in this post and hope that it is not too confusing. My thought was actually to ask if this issue about death and how to die, doesn't merit a youtube video all by itself, where these questions are addressed for a wider public. A natural next episode of Knowledge and Being. Especially since religion is not helping and the rejection of the spiritual nature of man, in other words materialism, isn't either. Both groups are likely to end up as dead dudes, confused as to what happened and where they are.

Aeneas said:
Death will come to us all sooner or later. It could come from plaque, meteor bombardments, but it could also just come from old age or a traffic accident. Are we prepared and if not, shouldn't we be? How can we help not only ourselves, but also those around us, so that they/we, when death happens don't end up as dead dudes or hungry ghosts, but actually make the transition and go to the light?

And if we go to the light is that enough? I remember the C's saying something about this to the effect of having no expectations whatsoever. Further I have read from various books on near death etc., that Christians will see Jesus, Muslims will see Muhammad and so on, BUT that these are just traps as that is what they expect to see.

Well, I think the important thing is to always be aware of the reality of death in everything we do which is what gives a kind of power and a true sense of realness to our actions. I think it's really a 'fight' in that sense, that is, a fight to maintain awareness of this fact each moment. Having no expectations, or at least my interpretation of what that means, is to not to get emotionally reactive over it (easier said then done of course!) but transform our strong subjective reactions regarding our deaths into a state of preparedness and readiness to act.

Aeneas said:
And if we go to the light is that enough? I remember the C's saying something about this to the effect of having no expectations whatsoever.

There was this quote by the C's as well, not sure if you refer to something else:

Q: What mind-set, or what presupposition should a person have to adapt most quickly and easily to the reality of 5th density?
A: Well, that is in itself a presupposition. But, let us just say an open- minded researcher would do best. But all do well ultimately.

Actually most of the session is relevant:

(C) I would like to ask a question. Immediately after, or shortly after, the death experience, do people tend to experience that which they have been led by their beliefs to expect?
A: Essentially, yes, but some people do not know, or presuppose anything of this. Therefore, for these souls, the experience is "purer."
Q: (C) What is the purer experience? What do they experience when they have no presupposition?
A: What have you heard about this?
Q: (C) A tunnel of light... a tunnel, a bright light, a loving being, and...
A: Wait... what about seeing one's "body?"
Q: (C) Okay, the first thing would be drifting above and seeing the body, and then seeing a tunnel and the light.
A: Yes, but there is not always a "loving being" awaiting. That is part of the presuppository material.
Q: (C) What was TKs experience?
A: Well, we must caution you that for those who presume "nothingness," there is usually a transitory period of total unconsciousness for preparatory and readjustment to 5th density purposes.
Q: (C) So, if you don't presuppose something, then you are just unconscious. (L) Or, if you presuppose nothingness, then... (C) Right, but that really surprises me because he had his own faith, but he did have a certain amount of faith. But...
A: Subject was unconscious prior to transition.
Q: (C) Oh, I see. That is what I thought. The doctor thinks he had an arrhythmia and his blood pressure dropped so low he passed out. Okay, what happens when a person has gone through what they have presupposed and experienced that, and are ready to go on to what really happens, THEN what happens?
A: Dreamlike state gradually merges with reality.
Q: (C) And what is the reality?
A: Entrance into 5th density.
Q: (C) What is that like?
A: Well, what do you think it is like, my dear?
Q: (C) Well if I say what I think it is like, then I am presupposing.
A: No, not necessarily.
Q: (L) When you are in 5th density, are you merged with your various soul essences so that you can perceive all of your extensions into other realities at different points in 'space-time,' and are you in...
A: That would be quite a kick in the butt, do you not think?
Q: (L) In what sense? You once said that when you are in 5th density that you are in a condition of 'timeless understanding.'
A: Yes.
Q: (L) And that you see and perceive in this timeless understanding condition, like a state of pure consciousness. Is that so?
A: Close.
Q: (L) Do you feel happiness, do you feel... well, I guess feel is the wrong term because you don't have anything to feel with...
A: Full range of emotional responses in profound clarity.
Q: (L) Would one say that being at 5th density was a pleasant experience, or just an intense one?
A: Intense, but not as you would imagine this.
Q: (C) I assume that it is intense without the negative aspects, that it would be good...
A: No. Negativity, yes that is there, but there is not the underlying fear of physiological damage that one perceives in third density due to genetic body response through hormonal brain swarms.
Q: (C) Okay, so what does one do in everyday life once one has become adjusted to 5th density?
A: "Everyday life" does not apply.
Q: (C) Take it as a term. (L) In other words, what does one do in 5th density? (C) Yeah, what is one's activity?
A: Consider it a sort of timeless pondering learning.
Q: (C) Do different people learn different things?
A: Of course, according to one's karmic resonance profile.
Q: (C) What is the mechanism of learning?
A: Natural attractive growth balance.
Q: (L) I guess it is just a finding of balance. (C) So, it is not a mental learning that we do here, but a sort of consciousness absorbing. Kind of like what we would like to do here, sleep on a book and absorb it? (L) Is that a good analogy?
A: No.
Q: (L) Help us out here. I liked it!
A: Well, Laura, picture a 5 dimensional screen.
Q: (L) I can't. I can't picture anything 5 dimensional.
A: Okay, then now you know what we are up against in the explanatory mode here!
Q: (C) But it is a sort of automatic transmission? (L) Or automatic function?
A: The interesting thing is the timelessness. This is why very recently "departed" souls are often "seen" by their loved ones, imparting incredible knowledge.
There have even been cases where two souls were involved in 3rd density traumas together, and one instructs the other to go back, as it "is not your time yet."
Q: (C) So, that is how that one would know to tell the other, the timelessness factor, it was their 'time' and they got it immediately, so it would seem that for some people it is an instantaneous transition to 5th density. What determines a person's ability to cross into 5th density and assimilate the new state easily?
A: Vague.
Q: (C) It is a difficult question.
A: Re-ask please.
Q: (C) I am trying to re-form my question. (L) When such a case occurs, what distinguishes the one who is able to say 'go back, it's not your time'.
A: C**** ask.
Q: (L) Sorry, I'll shut up. (C) We have discussed the people who have presuppositions and who have played out the experiences they expect. What mind-set, or what presupposition should a person have to adapt most quickly and easily to the reality of 5th density?
A: Well, that is in itself a presupposition. But, let us just say an open- minded researcher would do best. But all do well ultimately.
Q: (L) When S. had her cardiac arrest. It was 20 minutes before the paramedics got there, so she was brain dead even when they revived her and put her on life support. I was at the hospital talking to her and trying to bring her back. I gave her Reiki and everything. So, we decided to ask if we could communicate with her and the C's said they would have to step aside for us to talk to her. We talked to her, and it was a very convincing conversation. But, at the time we were talking to her, she said something about a radio station and news in New Zealand and that we would hear soon and something about 'don't hurt the young girl!' She told me several things that convinced me that it was really her that we were communicating with, even though her body was still technically alive down at the hospital on total life support. I asked her if she was going to come back and she said no. I asked her why, and she said that she was having too much fun and when was the last time I remembered her to have fun, which was the truth. I asked her what it was like there. She told me that it was like a school. I asked what she was learning and she said that there was no way to explain and she could not tell me, but that we are in a certain class when we are in the body and a different one when out. As it turned out, we heard the next day about the lunatic in New Zealand who was shooting up all those people in Christchurch, and it was happening at the exact time that we were conversing with her and this was her reference to someone hurting a little girl. As I understand it, there was a little girl hiding behind a tree. So, she could SEE this business going on in New Zealand at the same time she was talking to us. She exclaimed about it even. It was a bizarre little conversation. (C) So, already she was there. (L) Indeed. (F) And she did say 'I'm not coming back.' (L) Yup. She said 'no way!' She said things that were so characteristic of her mode of expression that it was like when we were conversing with K**** just after he died and I was completely convinced it was him because of the way he was playing with words in the same way he did when alive. He loved puns and he was using them right and left. (C) Okay, we have done the ouija board a couple of times in NC and have asked to speak to T. and got some information. Were we, indeed, speaking to T* at that time?
A: You know when you are.
Q: (L) I guess you would KNOW if you had and would not have to ask the question. (C) Well, it sounded like him. Can we talk to him now?
A: No.
Q: (C) Why not?
A: He does not occupy the necessary level at your confluence. You see, one on 5th density must shift contemplation frequency to communicate with 3rd density, even through a medium such as this. Best results are achieved when the souls are recently "departed," as then you are most likely to play a big part in the contemplation process. This is because of the intensity of frequency modulation coming from those "left behind."
Q: (C) Okay, that makes sense. (L) It does? (C) Well, when the soul has just passed over they are closer to their third density mentality and frequency, and it is easier for them. (L) And it is better not to bother them after because you don't want to hold them at that frequency. (C) Right! And, I guess that the intensity of the frequency modulation comes from the person who is drawing them. I told him to go and not hang around. (L) Yeah, you don't want them to hang around.

Regarding how to prepare for death: I have thought about it a bit, and I think that keeping in mind all the time that we will die (like G advises) is a good preparation. Also dealing with changes in life. To not avoid them but seek them out. Small and big changes, that get one used to being from one stage to another, and teach one to "surf" through these changes a bit easier each time. After all, death seems to be one big change. And I don't know about "following the light" but if I see any I'd go for it just in case :)

Back
Top Bottom