How machiavellian are you?

54 out of 100 is not too shabby! I smirked when I read the line a majority of people have: "Not the people Machiavelli would approve of. ". I also thought how ridiculous it is to think that I would need someone like Machiavelli's approval. ;D

I'm curious where the research for this is going, whether into a journal article or just for the fun of it. Hopefully the outcome is helpful for research into the Machiavellian tendencies of people.

My results:
Your score was 57 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

A graph of how others who have taken this have scores is below. These scores should not be taken as population norms though, the people who seek out tests of machivellianism on the internet are most likely not representative.

Your score was 60 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

A graph of how others who have taken this have scores is below. These scores should not be taken as population norms though, the people who seek out tests of machivellianism on the internet are most likely not representative.

Your score was 59 of 100.

MACH.png

I took the extended version, with the paintings. It was hard to approve of many of them, it was very challenging. It was hard for me to accept the paintings primarily of the 'pilgrim' or 'farmer' caste.

[Edit: the out door, forest scenery paintings were preferred.]

I did the "extended version" too with the choices between 30 pairs of paintings, but I don't think these extra questions are part of the test results, but are rather something that they are using for research to see how the choices in this second part correlate with answers to the first part of the test.

I got a 37 although it would have been quite a bit higher if I had taken this when I was younger :-[ .

Narcissism: 0.7
Machiavellianism: 1.1
Psychopathy: 1.3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom