How to explain to others

celtic

Jedi Master
If this is in the wrong section sorry and please feel free to move.

I am talking to this fourteen year old girl who is the sister of my sister freind and we freindly talk on facebook appropriately of course. We occasionally talk and I told her that I have a little bit of objective knowledge which is close to reality and I would like to share it with her. I told her I don't have any divine knowledge and I am no profit or anything. And I told her that I could tell her somethings about how I perceive reality but I do not want to violate her free will by releasing information randomly.

So I told her to ask and I will explain the things I know I just dont want to tell her things which she may see as offensive in her veiw of reality. Or she may completely not understand or care at all about the things I have told her. So I told her that you have to ask and want the knowledge before it will be recieved before you and I am just basically trying to practice how I go about presenting knowledge to others and I dont want to do it so that I am violating everyones free will or having a big ego and just going out presenting knowledge as my own.

Do you guess Think I went about it the appropriate way or did I go about it in the wrong way And if so how can I go about it correctly? Should I have said and just kept qiute ?

Hi celtic,

I think its great that your sharing, but when you do share make sure that the person is open minded enough or willing to hear it. Maybe you should direct her to the locations where you have received your knowledge from, like SOTT or Wave books. Also you might want to introduce her to the EE program. The only thing you can do is put the knowledge out there, she as to be willing to learn and apply(that's were her free will comes in). Thats my two cents.

Infiniteness said:
Hi celtic,

I think its great that your sharing, but when you do share make sure that the person is open minded enough or willing to hear it. Maybe you should direct her to the locations where you have received your knowledge from, like SOTT or Wave books. Also you might want to introduce her to the EE program. The only thing you can do is put the knowledge out there, she as to be willing to learn and apply(that's were her free will comes in). Thats my two cents.

will do when I told her I wanted to share information with her she was really confused about what I was talking about or what I wanted to share so I will give her the resources. And I think she is open minded when I told her I will tell her somethings if she ask she told me just tell her. Should I test her first by saying something like everything is conscious and see before I do this because I am unsure if she is open minded.

celtic said:
will do when I told her I wanted to share information with her she was really confused about what I was talking about or what I wanted to share so I will give her the resources. And I think she is open minded when I told her I will tell her somethings if she ask she told me just tell her. Should I test her first by saying something like everything is conscious and see before I do this because I am unsure if she is open minded.
[...]

Do you guess Think I went about it the appropriate way or did I go about it in the wrong way And if so how can I go about it correctly? Should I have said and just kept qiute ?

Did she ask you to do this?

If she did not ask, then why are you saying such things to her? Is it to feel special or to get attention? It sounds like you're being all mysterious about it and are doing it to get attention from her, instead of giving information when sincerely asked. I suppose my question is why are you so interested in giving her this information? Is it about you or her?

Did she ask you to do this?

If she did not ask, then why are you saying such things to her? Is it to feel special or to get attention? It sounds like you're being all mysterious about it and are doing it to get attention from her, instead of giving information when sincerely asked. I suppose my question is why are you so interested in giving her this information? Is it about you or her?

You are correct I was being mysterious about it and that is not the correct way to go about it I understand. I myself do not in anyway think I was trying to get attention or feel special at all that is not my purpose of explaining any of this to anyone. If I was unconsciously or unaware of my actions againts other people in this manner I apologize I dont want to feel special or get attention.

Me and her is becoming good freinds on facebook and I just thought I could share some of this information to her since I already told her somethings which we are familiar with. It was not my attention of making this about me or her if it was again I apologize. That is why I asked people who have more wisdom and understanding than me so I can go about it the right way and not my way.

And she did not ask that is way I kept pushing the free will thing so she can ask me anything she likes as long as she ask. But I probably should have said nothing and I apologize I probably did make it about me but I just thought it was a good idea to share knowledge with a freind please dont think badly of me I am trying to learn as best as I can thank you for your input.

Just to add to what's already been said, I can understand why she would be confused. When I was fourteen I'm pretty sure I didn't have a good understanding of objectivity/subjectivity, free will etc. - so if someone said this stuff to me, mixed with 'divine knowledge' and stuff about not being a profit and I guarantee I'd be confused and probably startled and cautious about interacting with the person in the future.

And she did not ask that is way I kept pushing the free will thing so she can ask me anything she likes as long as she ask.

Seems like if you're pushing free will then you're probably not respecting it. ;)

celtic said:
If this is in the wrong section sorry and please feel free to move.

I am talking to this fourteen year old girl who is the sister of my sister freind and we freindly talk on facebook appropriately of course. We occasionally talk and I told her that I have a little bit of objective knowledge which is close to reality and I would like to share it with her. I told her I don't have any divine knowledge and I am no profit or anything. And I told her that I could tell her somethings about how I perceive reality but I do not want to violate her free will by releasing information randomly.

So I told her to ask and I will explain the things I know I just dont want to tell her things which she may see as offensive in her veiw of reality. Or she may completely not understand or care at all about the things I have told her. So I told her that you have to ask and want the knowledge before it will be recieved before you and I am just basically trying to practice how I go about presenting knowledge to others and I dont want to do it so that I am violating everyones free will or having a big ego and just going out presenting knowledge as my own.

IMO I think that the teenager years can be very confusing and one is easily led offstray by outside influences. I understand wanting to help direct the kid to the correct "street" but it probably is just going to be and sound flat out "weird" for a 14 year old girl to be hearing/getting that information on how you perceive reality! ;)
Was she asking for answers or just being curious? Even if she is asking it is difficult to explain and there is a probability that the information may get distorted and unfortunately there might be more damage done then good.
I agree with Infiniteness, she should be directed to original sources.

celtic said:
Infiniteness said:
Hi celtic,

Just to add to what's already been said, I can understand why she would be confused. When I was fourteen I'm pretty sure I didn't have a good understanding of objectivity/subjectivity, free will etc. - so if someone said this stuff to me, mixed with 'divine knowledge' and stuff about not being a profit and I guarantee I'd be confused and probably startled and cautious about interacting with the person in the future.

I did make it very confusing by being mysterious I just did not no how to go about it without violating free will so I kept it in bits and peices.
And I will next time be cognizant of the age I figured I should mention the age while making the post.

Seems like if you're pushing free will then you're probably not respecting it.

I was really trying to introduce free will but pushing it instead.

IMO I think that the teenager years can be very confusing and one is easily led offstray by outside influences. I understand wanting to help direct the kid to the correct "street" but it probably is just going to be and sound flat out "weird" for a 14 year old girl to be hearing/getting that information on how you perceive reality!
Was she asking for answers or just being curious? Even if she is asking it is difficult to explain and there is a probability that the information may get distorted and unfortunately there might be more damage done then good.
I agree with Infiniteness, she should be directed to original sources.

She was neither asking for answers or being curious and I probably should have said nothing a part of myself probably did want to seem special but share with others also.
And I would have made more damage because obviously as you see I don't fully understand so I think I will direct her to the regular source.

celtic said:
...but I just thought it was a good idea to share knowledge with a freind please dont think badly of me I am trying to learn as best as I can thank you for your input.

I don't think anyone will feel badly about you. What you attempted to do is completely normal, osit. I think many of us have had the hardest time coming to terms with the idea of respecting freewill vs. trying to "help" others.

One way I occasionally look at it goes something like: If they're not asking me for something, then they are actually saying "no, leave me alone. I'll do it myself".

It's hard, I know, but it's an important lesson, osit. :)

I don't think anyone will feel badly about you. What you attempted to do is completely normal, osit. I think many of us have had the hardest time coming to terms with the idea of respecting freewill vs. trying to "help" others.

One way I occasionally look at it goes something like: If they're not asking me for something, then they are actually saying "no, leave me alone. I'll do it myself".

It's hard, I know, but it's an important lesson, osit.

Thanks Bud

Bud said:
If they're not asking me for something, then they are actually saying "no, leave me alone. I'll do it myself".

For sure!!!!

Bud said:
celtic said:
...but I just thought it was a good idea to share knowledge with a freind please dont think badly of me I am trying to learn as best as I can thank you for your input.

There is also the way of seeing it as, if they aren't asking for it, they are not ready for it. Celtic, some people just are not ready for this information. Yes, we all want people to wake up! Now! White you still can! But the plain fact is, not everybody is at the same level in their lessons so they are not ready to hear it. When confronted with it, since they have not asked for it, they will even fight to stay asleep. They just are not ready.

So, my suggestion is that, until someone really says something that sounds like they are asking for knowledge about something you really know about, it is best to stay silent.

fwiw

Nienna Eluch said:
Bud said:
celtic said:

There is also the way of seeing it as, if they aren't asking for it, they are not ready for it. Celtic, some people just are not ready for this information. Yes, we all want people to wake up! Now! White you still can! But the plain fact is, not everybody is at the same level in their lessons so they are not ready to hear it. When confronted with it, since they have not asked for it, they will even fight to stay asleep. They just are not ready.

So, my suggestion is that, until someone really says something that sounds like they are asking for knowledge about something you really know about, it is best to stay silent.

fwiw

You can show a horse where the water is, the rest is up to the horse.

celtic said:

celtic,

FWIW, I doesn't sound like this was the right approach.

At that age, I don't think I would have been ready for the information presented on this forum. I would have probably thought it was all crazy. Either that or I would have thought, "so, what?" It probably would have turned me off from this stuff for life. G mentions something about this in ISOTM, I think - how presenting the Work to somebody not ready to the Work actually does more harm to that person in the long run. To be ready for the Work, one must have some thorough disappointment with some way of seeing the world, but not to the point where they have lost complete faith in the universe. They must have a burning question, a question that cannot be discovered through ordinary means and it must be something they actively seek, OSIT. Does this sound like a description of this young girl?

I don't think there is any reason to keep quiet, just have a normal conversation and ask her questions - specifically questions that pertain to her and try to relate or empathize with her situation and the problems she faces in life. Try to see who she is and what knowledge you can provide her that she will actually benefit from. In other words, External Consideration.

Of all the conversations with people I've had in life that made a difference or taught me something I felt that was of value, they didn't start off by somebody telling me, "hey, I have some objective knowledge, ask me a question".

FWIW.

Hi celtic, I second RyanX's general idea. Respecting ones free will is really hard when you start doing the Work. It is also a very interresting exercise because it is an opportunity for you to see yourself in the mirror while interacting with people.
If you may, let me tell you what I've noticed with your first post. At the first glare, you can see that you use some words almost at each sentence: the " I told her...so I told her" part. Why do you want to TELL her some stuff this bad? maybe it is something here for you to consider ?

The second thing is when you say "I have a little bit of objective knowledge which is close to reality". It sounds like you have a gift (and I know this is far from your intent) or a present that your friend can be offered. but what if she doesn't want this present ? What if she's never told (:P) you " hey, you know what, I was wondering how this or that works...do you have an idea? what is your point of view regarding this?"

Don't worry this exercise is tough for me too and I fail half at least half of the time. But little by little you realise that when you talk to people, a tiny "window" may open during the conversation. Like your interlocutor is a big closed house but once in a while some doors open for a little time, just enough to get the house some fresh air. When this opening occurs, THIS is where and when you can teach people some of your perceptions because they are open and ready to hear you. Not too much , not to low, not too high, or the message won't vibrate correctly. I hope you get my metaphor. It sounds clear in my head but maybe not !

So, I'd say that regarding the teaching , the purity of the intent is as much as important as the purity of the demand.

Back
Top Bottom