How to insert quotes

L

ljvh769

Could someone please instruct me on how to put text in white boxes for my replys to fourm topics? I tried a search and nothing came up.
thanks
ljvh

How can I put text in a white box to quote other for replys?

Directly below both the 'quick feature' text box and the "post reply" text box (and above the 'submit button) there is a link that says "BBCode" Go to that link and it shows how to use the quotes and other neat stuff.

How can I put text in a white box to quote other for replys?

ljvh769 said:
Could someone please instruct me on how to put text in white boxes for my replys to fourm topics? I tried a search and nothing came up.
thanks
ljvh
For this reply I clicked the "QUOTE" link in your post and it pulled up your post between some {quote} {/quote} tags with square brackets.

To insert quotes in messages:
1/ copy and paste the message of the person you want to quote
2/ put this message in quotes using the "insert quote" icon (2nd one from the right, above the smiley icons)
3/In the quote box, add the name of the member you're quoting. EX: [ quote=x ] text [ /quote]
Which gives :
x said:

4/Then, write your answer below

You can also directly click on the "quote" button on the above right of the message you want to respond to. In that case, if different members are quoted in the same message, make sure to attribute each message to the right member, by closing each quote properly:
EX : [ quote=x ] [ quote=y ] y's text [ /quote ]
x's text [ /quote ]

which gives :

x said:
y said:
x's text

And for more info about posting, you can go in the help section and choose the sub-section "posting" :

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Posting/english

Hi,

Is there a method to indent the quotes to have a better flow of text - haven't found any mention on this in the help section.

Thanks

Nicklebleu

Carcosa said:
2/ put this message in quotes using the "insert quote" icon (2nd one from the right, above the smiley icons)
3/In the quote box, add the name of the member you're quoting. EX: [ quote=x ] text [ /quote]
Which gives :

I did it! Thanks for the tutorial and link! This helps a lot.

Namaste said:
And for more info about posting, you can go in the help section and choose the sub-section "posting" :

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?action=help;page=post

THANK YOU
THANK YOU.
THANK YOU.
I've been trying to find that page for I don't know how long...

:) :) :)

Which gives :
Quote from:

testing it thanks!

Quotes are Us

Which gives :
Quote from: x

Attempt No. 3 To insert quotes in messages:
Which gives :

Quote from: Arrggghhh
Which gives :
Quote from:

[quote X]To insert quotes in messages:
Which gives :[/quote]

happehrts said:
[quote X]To insert quotes in messages:
Which gives :

Hi happehrts,

If something is not clear enough in the way of inserting quotes, let us know it.

Hi Bohort Help! I figured out how to copy and paste and add the quote marks around it and make the blue box. I cannot figure out where to put the name of the person that I am quoting.

It says to put it in the quote box...which is what?
When I press the quote button I get... Now do I have to press this twice? Once around the copy and paste quote, and than press it again at the top and insert the name of the person I am quoting?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom