How to insert quotes

happehrts said:
Hi Bohort Help! I figured out how to copy and paste and add the quote marks around it and make the blue box. I cannot figure out where to put the name of the person that I am quoting.

It says to put it in the quote box...which is what?
When I press the quote button I get... Now do I have to press this twice? Once around the copy and paste quote, and than press it again at the top and insert the name of the person I am quoting?
thanks

Hi happehrts,

I will give you an example but instead of using the word quote i would use the worl quute (because if i use the world quote, you will not see my example,

[quute=Bohort]the text that you would like to quote.[/quute]

So if i change the u for an o, here's the result

Bohort said:
the text that you would like to quote.

Hope it helps. ;)

Bohort said:
I will give you an example but instead of using the word quote i would use the worl quute (because if i use the world quote, you will not see my example,

thanks! will see what it looks like!

How do you reply with a quote?

:huh:

I noticed that when you reply in a thread and also quote part or all of someone's post, it appeas in light blue. How is this done? I tried but didn't succeed. Looked for instructions on posting, but struck out. Sorry if this has already been covered a hundred times.
Thanks
Samuel

Adaryn said:
To insert quotes in messages:
1/ copy and paste the message of the person you want to quote
2/ put this message in quotes using the "insert quote" icon (2nd one from the right, above the smiley icons)
3/In the quote box, add the name of the member you're quoting. EX: [ quote=x ] text [ /quote]
Which gives :
x said:

4/Then, write your answer below

You can also directly click on the "quote" button on the above right of the message you want to respond to. In that case, if different members are quoted in the same message, make sure to attribute each message to the right member, by closing each quote properly:
EX : [ quote=x ] [ quote=y ] y's text [ /quote ]
x's text [ /quote ]

which gives :

x said:
y said:
x's text

Andaryn said:
practising quotes

Kindle said:
probly making a mess

Gandalf said:

Bohort said:

Hope it helps. ;)

I was directed here from my intro as a newbie, & I'm trying this to see if it works!

Gandalf said:
It is the same thing for the color

I think I got it!

Arwenn xx

Arwenn said:
Gandalf said:

Bohort said:

Hope it helps. ;)

I was directed here from my intro as a newbie, & I'm trying this to see if it works!

Gandalf said:
It is the same thing for the color

I think I got it!

Arwenn xx

I think I got it too :)

Re: How do you reply with a quote?

Hi! I would like to learn how to reply with particular quotes from what members have said as others do, showing the quote in a colored box. I clicked on the link here and get this message:

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

I did read an explanation in another question here that when the error message occurs to use another web browser such as Firefox. I have tried this and the error message continues. I often get this error message when clicking on links, I supposed I didn't have access. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

SummerLite said:
Hi! I would like to learn how to reply with particular quotes from what members have said as others do, showing the quote in a colored box.

When you're reading a thread, there's a Quote button above and to the right of what the person said, so you can click that and start a reply with that person's reply quoted. If you click reply before hand, there's an Insert Quote button at the same top right location of the person's text and that'll insert the quote into your reply box.

SummerLite said:
Hi! I would like to learn how to reply with particular quotes from what members have said as others do, showing the quote in a colored box. I clicked on the link here and get this message:

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

I did read an explanation in another question here that when the error message occurs to use another web browser such as Firefox. I have tried this and the error message continues. I often get this error message when clicking on links, I supposed I didn't have access. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

Hi SummerLite,

The error message you receive every now and then can have multiple causes. The main ones being broken links (often due to merging several topics into one) and restricted access -- or even both at once.

For the rules of making proper quotes please read: How to insert quotes

Hope this helps a bit. :)

Ah! How nice to see this topic pop up, thanks Palinurus. I also appreciate the explanation for the error message. Will need to practice when I've a little more brain power :zzz:

Code:

Gandalf said:

Just testing if I get it.

Back
Top Bottom