Hubble Deep Field: The Most Important Image Ever Taken

Third_Density_Resident

Jedi Council Member
I found this YouTube video which gives you a whole new appreciation for the immensity of the visible universe. I don't really know how beneficial it is to say how old the universe is or whatever (we may never really know), but what IS known through photography is awe-inspiring, to say the least. It simply takes your breath away, and makes you think about our life here on the BBM.

Something not mentioned in the video, which I thought would have given people an even greater appreciation of its significance, is that the patch of sky that the Hubble telescope was focused upon was equivalent to the area of sky covered by an object not much bigger than a grain of sand, held at arm's length.

While looking at all those galaxies, I wondered whether each galaxy has a particular polarity, as in STO and STS (I'm sure the C's or the Ra Material discusses this). I also wonder how galaxies interconnect at higher densities.

Nice video :) The narrator is right, it is very easy to forget how big the universe is, and very hard to visualise. Its nice to see videos like this, why, I don't know exactly. But I think its because I want the universe to be impressive, it kind of makes me feel immortal, just because theres so many possibilities. Silly I know! I suppose at the same time though, I just want to live on and on so I can see whats out there. And then live through everyone else and see it from their perspective aswell. I could spend forever doing that ;D Maybe that is what we're doing! Maybe maybe maybe :)

Heres another cool video: _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Af8GdRN_A
It has the millenium simulation at the end, which if you haven't seen before is worth a watch. Fair enough, its a simulation, but its still cool imo ;)

Thank you Third_Density_Resident & Russ for those two video's! I knew the universe was a big, big place but those 2 video's even put that idea to shame. Wow.

Then, is it not ridiculious, that people fight over land & resources knowing how huge, how vast, how infinite the universe really is....

Back
Top Bottom