Human origins: hybrid of pig and ape?

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Very interesting article suggesting that human beings are the result of a cross between chimpanzees and pigs:

http://www.macroevolution.net/human-origins.html#.Uho9UD-8_Z4

Don't reject reading it out of hand, he has some interesting things to say, some interesting questions raised, the main ones being that humans are clearly the hybrid of SOME combination. Perhaps a similar hybridization was done to create the perfect food for the human: the pig?

Re: Human Origins: Are we hybrids?

I recall someone in my village being offered a heart from a pig after she had a heart attack. She refused as she was muslim, however the offer was made from a Turkish hospital.

Plus if Pork seems to be the optimum all-round food for us? Interesting.

Another thought, on now reading the article. I have not luckily had to witness it myself but don't people describe the smell of burning human flesh like that of Pork?

Gosh I feel a bit like a cannibal now!

happyliza said:
I recall someone in my village being offered a heart from a pig after she had a heart attack. She refused as she was muslim, however the offer was made from a Turkish hospital.
The islamic taboo of eating pork comes from Judaism. However, there is an story that some people were cursed and turned into pigs and monkeys (eating pigs would be like cannibalism for certain muslims). In the Odyssey there is also an instance where men where transformed into pigs. Some close ressemblance of pigs and humans might then have been noticed for a long time in history.

I think there's a saying of Ibn al-'Arabi that man is the only creature that can come into life as a man, and leave it as either an angel or a pig. Something like that.

The Cs say that we are composed of a smorgasbord of genetics from all kinds of critters. But surely, something did happen to move us over that chasm. Hybridization? Deliberate? Or accidental, via viruses? Or deliberate via viruses?

That seems to equate mkrnhr. I would find it very strange that with the 'evolution' going back so many millions of years that there would not have been some cognition of the fact. The brain may have got larger but they weren't stupid all that time, especially as they were more immersed with nature and survival.

If half the world cannot eat pork and the other half can - who was on first? Paleo and hunter gatherers and wild forest boar versus the taboos, tranformation ideas and anti pork consumption 'religions'? Not discounting disinformation as well, (especially as this info is just surfacing again, as he makes a very good arguement for this hypothesis osit)

People eat monkeys but do they eat chimps? Or maybe anything for that matter aka survival. Plus we know there were human eating cannibals.

I feel sorry for all the pigs that have to live in dirty environments when they are actually very clean and loving animals.

I do wonder about all the stories we hear about pigs killing/eating people - I now wonder if that is part of being kept in captivity? Wild boars protecting young or being hunted rather than being predators?

I think the C's said we were an experiment and that in a higher density we would also 'create' life/universes? If so this article supposes that it was a 'chance' breeding as animals mate with different animals sometimes. Though again he could surmise this through not having the 4D information.

Very interesting! But now I'm a bit confused and have to go re-read some of the aquatic ape theory. It does still match if we are really made out of a mix of different creatures, though.

He pointed at several things I had never thought about, like the blue eyes gene and the nose, and several other characteristics we share with the pigs.

It makes sense that the best nutrient for humans has a similar genetic composition. If we think about viruses having a similar structure to DNA, but totally foreign and disruptive, then a closer DNA must be the optimal fuel, right?

As to what happened, I would imagine more of a deliberate hybridization process. For a virus to cause such a transformation, the resulting DNA would have had to change a lot from the original, right? Or not? :huh:

Oink oink.

Fascinating read, especially the listing of all known hybrids.
This would be the neat explanation for the existence of platypus which I always regarded as a cosmic joke, conceived in the ultra terrestrial laboratory by some prankster.

I do think McCarthy is missing one main ingredient for his theory- the existence of supra dimensional geneticist, I find it very unlikely that random, sporadic and isolated cases of inter species sexual encounters would go such long way to produce viable new species. Or perhaps he is deliberately leaving out this ingredient in order no to completely lose scientific credibility.

I definitely vote for deliberate hybridization.

Do I sense question for C's coming :)

Ailén said:
Very interesting! But now I'm a bit confused and have to go re-read some of the aquatic ape theory. It does still match if we are really made out of a mix of different creatures, though.

Yes, very interesting. There were actually one or two things about the aquatic ape theory that didn't make complete sense to me, and I wonder if this might help explain them better. I'm going to look over it again, too.

Aquatic ape + Porky the pig?

Andromeda said:
Aquatic ape + Porky the pig?

Thanks for the laugh Andromeda!! :rotfl:

Come to think of it, pigs do like a lot of water on a hot afternoon ...

Laura said:
I think there's a saying of Ibn al-'Arabi that man is the only creature that can come into life as a man, and leave it as either an angel or a pig. Something like that.

The Cs say that we are composed of a smorgasbord of genetics from all kinds of critters. But surely, something did happen to move us over that chasm. Hybridization? Deliberate? Or accidental, via viruses? Or deliberate via viruses?
In 1925, supporters of the evolution of species made ​​out triumphantly in the world that an entire race of ape-men had lived a million years ago in Nebraska.
The news spread around the world. When scientists did research on this so-called evidence for evolution, they found that the "evidence" consisted of a tooth. Not teeth or jaw or skull - but a tooth! Some time later, they found the same tooth in the same place. The second tooth, however, was connected to a jaw, jaw which was connected to a skeleton and the skeleton was that of a pig. Dr. Duane Gish, fossil expert, said in commenting on this discovery: "There is neither close to the ape-man or an ape-man, but simply an extirpated pork. I believe that this is a case where a scientist made ​​a man out of a pig and a pig which has a monkey from a scholar. "

Well fellow pigpanzees, the theory is certainly interesting.

However, I enjoyed all the other little goodies more. For example:

1. Pigs do indeed sweat, contrary to popular belief

2. Naked skin (no hair) is actually less effective for cooling in direct sunlight due to low radiant heat reflectivity as compared to hair (put on a light shirt!)

3. Dripping sweat means that sweat is not evaporating off the skin, which means you're losing cooling power if you're drippy. But if you have fur, it reflects radiant heat and holds sweat near the skin until it can evaporate

And much, much more! :clap: That was a fun read.

In fact, pigs are acting quite well in water:

Talking about aquatic pigs ha? :)

Attachments

• Piggy.jpg
    Piggy.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Piggy2.jpg
    Piggy2.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Piggy3.jpg
    Piggy3.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 99

Yikes, how wild! Where does that mysterious 'pig god' fit in this, Howah?

I used to spend a fair amount of time around pigs in veterinary work and was a bit creeped out by how similar their blue eyes and big eyelashes were to human eyes. The comments about skin/sweating/eyelashes/eyebrows is really interesting, that other primates don't share these traits.

They are smart animals but humans don't give them much credit and they are generally treated with indignity, in my experience; dairy cows, for example, get much more respect. Hogs that are allowed to forage in the woods are a whole different critter from ones cooped up in tiny pens, and the taste of the meat and lard is phenomenally different. Corn-fed pigs (i.e. most 'little piggies that go to market') have milder, leaner, whiter meat, and are less nutritious, I bet.

Back
Top Bottom