Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

More about maintanance:
So, I have a Macy Pan 1.5 ATA soft chamber, like the first one the chateau crew got.
With the chamber I got 3 types of spare filters as on the photo below.

View attachment 74815
Black ones in the middle are for the oxygen concentrator. I didn't replace those but instead vacuumed the dust from the old ones.
First from the right, five cylindrical filters are for the air compressor , probably with activated charchoal. They are mentioned in the manual from the supplier, to replace every 6 months. Unscrew the cylindrical housing and replace, easy.

View attachment 74824
Next to that one is another filter (green box) and is sort of pictured to be replaced in the manual too, but I did not receive a spare one. Inside the plastic housing is a plastic looking pipe which is dirty from dust that is unwashable (tried it with a dish detergent).
View attachment 74825
Albeit I have a superior chinese manual I am left wondering two things:
1. Do I have to replace the plastic looking filter pictured in the green box and;
2. What are the two "sweat wristbands" looking filters on first photo for?
Does anybody know or am I destined for a tet-a-tet with Macy Pan support?
We seem to be having different models, and different info regarding maintenance when talking to our Macy-Pan representatives. I don't have that extra tube/filter like you do, maybe you have to contact Macy-pan and ask them. My chamber is in a small dust-free room so I hope my other filters are ok, but I will open the compressor and check even though they say you shouldn't really need to.

I wish you good luck with that.

As for the chamber model, if you want to share it with others, please consider that some people may not overcome their claustrophobia easily. A more spacious model would be a safer choice.

Some models, like the vertical cylinders(Flexpert catalogue) can also accommodate two people. It might be worthwhile a thought.
Thank you for all the latest discussions on spares needed and the recommendation for the more spacious model broken.english.
1. Have we anyone here that is using the bigger models and can give some feedback on oxygen quality, usage, filters etc?
2. What was the second model that the chateau bought and is it better - for longevity of the machine and optimum oxygen the first one?
3. We have a LOT of dust here in Cyprus and sand storms etc so no getting away from it nor preventing it getting into the best upstairs room I intend to use for the machines. So bearing that in mind also will depend on which machine is to be recommended.
4. The main urgency for a machine myself is that for one year now I have only 50% breathing capacity (had breathing test done 6 months ago, chest xray came back clear but lower bronchii problems don't show up on xrays), so am very short of breath most of the time affecting my daily operations as am so slow now (the ankle repair operation due September is also partly a cause too).

I am very grateful to Gaby's input on the COPD as I suspect that and emphysema. So am not as productive as I could be. Will up the NAC as take is sporadically. Luckily I grabbed a few bottles of Potters herbals Cough Remover when I was last in UK. It is brilliant and all natural. I use that when my coughing gets particularly bad, so for emergencies. I have a nebulizer and propolis, hydrogen peroxide and a few other things if things get really bad.
I will be interested to know the results of the ART testing as Dad keeps on telling me to give up smoking but I keep in mind our current conditions and what the C's say as that protection with the HBOT and Vit C is key IMO for the future.
I am also aware that the Lyme caused hyperthyroidism and so I am 2 stone over weight which contributes, as well as being wheelchair bound with ankle operation/ unable to walk far until titanium taken out of the ankle due to reaction and bone not consolidated yet one year after the operation!

5 So whichever machine is ultimately recommended, I will need to bring it back with me in August, including all the spare parts I will need as will have to find a suitable qualified person to check and change things on the machine for me as no agents here etc.
Whichever it is, I hope to order it by the end of this month. :-)

Thank you for all the latest discussions on spares needed and the recommendation for the more spacious model broken.english.
1. Have we anyone here that is using the bigger models and can give some feedback on oxygen quality, usage, filters etc?
2. What was the second model that the chateau bought and is it better - for longevity of the machine and optimum oxygen the first one?
3. We have a LOT of dust here in Cyprus and sand storms etc so no getting away from it nor preventing it getting into the best upstairs room I intend to use for the machines. So bearing that in mind also will depend on which machine is to be recommended.
4. The main urgency for a machine myself is that for one year now I have only 50% breathing capacity (had breathing test done 6 months ago, chest xray came back clear but lower bronchii problems don't show up on xrays), so am very short of breath most of the time affecting my daily operations as am so slow now (the ankle repair operation due September is also partly a cause too).

I am very grateful to Gaby's input on the COPD as I suspect that and emphysema. So am not as productive as I could be. Will up the NAC as take is sporadically. Luckily I grabbed a few bottles of Potters herbals Cough Remover when I was last in UK. It is brilliant and all natural. I use that when my coughing gets particularly bad, so for emergencies. I have a nebulizer and propolis, hydrogen peroxide and a few other things if things get really bad.
I will be interested to know the results of the ART testing as Dad keeps on telling me to give up smoking but I keep in mind our current conditions and what the C's say as that protection with the HBOT and Vit C is key IMO for the future.
I am also aware that the Lyme caused hyperthyroidism and so I am 2 stone over weight which contributes, as well as being wheelchair bound with ankle operation/ unable to walk far until titanium taken out of the ankle due to reaction and bone not consolidated yet one year after the operation!

5 So whichever machine is ultimately recommended, I will need to bring it back with me in August, including all the spare parts I will need as will have to find a suitable qualified person to check and change things on the machine for me as no agents here etc.
Whichever it is, I hope to order it by the end of this month. :-)
Regarding 1, 2, 3, and 5, perhaps you should contact a supplier and tell them about your situation, Macy-Pan representatives are very helpful.

Last edited:
1. Do I have to replace the plastic looking filter pictured in the green box and;
2. What are the two "sweat wristbands" looking filters on first photo for?
Does anybody know or am I destined for a tet-a-tet with Macy Pan support?
Cotton filters?

Possibly the "sweat wristband" goes around the primary filter in the air compressor (shown in the below picture)? It seems to be the "first point of entry" as air flows to the compressor(?), so the cotton fabric would gather larger pieces of dust and other impurities.

Cotton Filter.JPG

Possibly the "sweat wristband" goes around the primary filter in the air compressor (shown in the below picture)? It seems to be the "first point of entry" as air flows to the compressor(?), so the cotton fabric would gather larger pieces of dust and other impurities.

View attachment 74984
Ok, I thought I hade a different model but I just learned (I can't check it myself and my sweetheart and I misunderstood each other) that we have the same machine as you and we never put the "wristband" on since there were no explicit instructions to do that (and it was a lot of stress then). So, better late than never. Now you all know that you can run it with no cotton filter for 600 hours without any problems!

Dear forumites, again thanks for info and advices👍
After two weeks of stuffed ears, resumed. A week in a row. Valsalva maneuver made the trick) still a bit cautious upon decompression, as the ears react more noticeable, than upon inflation. But the overall picture looks great. Sometimes fell sleepy at the end and after, but it is normal as i have learnt.
The procedure provides a nice opportunity to read books, forum and according to the mood - meditate🙏👍

Back
Top Bottom