I Have Ghost Experiences to Share

C

cherokeemist

I don't usually share these paranormal experiences with others but need to start involving myself with this group, and what better way to start.
This first experience started out with my older brother coming over to visit. My Mother had Randy at a young age, this was back in the 50's when this was completely unacceptable. Grandma raised him and he was introduced initially as our Uncle. The lies started young in this family. And this was before my Mother and Grandmother disowned each other. Is this a Polish trait or what? The most stubborn ethnic group I have ever met! Plus Mom is half German to top it off! A real bad mix. Poles and Germans should not be allowed to breed!
Boy, did I get off track or what?
Randy was visiting for the weekend. I had the bottom bunk and Cory and Randy shared the top bunk. We lived in Hamtramck and was located in the upper floor of an apartment the looked out to St Joesph Hospital. Years later it was converted to the Hamtramck Police Department and am not sure what became of the building. I only mention this because of alleged haunting's there.
Now this is very strange what happened. After the lights went out, we stayed up and goofed around just because six and seven year old children are prone to this kind of behavior. I'm not sure when it began, but by the end of the night, there was a headless man, a friendly chap to be sure, he even refilled my glass of water, he was floating around with other visitors including a T-Rex type creature, also friendly. I believe our imagination and nothing more was the cause of this because even the Sunday suit was flying around the room. It was like a big friendly romp the whole night through. We were laughing and having a good ole time!. I don't remember everything we talked about, but what a wild ride that was! Randy and I talked about what happened years later and it left us shaking our heads.
The power of imagination. Wow! When I was maybe 3 or 4 years old, Don't get me started about my memory, I can remember getting my diapers changed, and even remember Mom rubbing Vodka or Rum on my gums when I was teething. The memories start flooding back when I think about them!
Anywhoo. when I was that age when I went from the crib to my own bed, my parents would close the door and with just enough light coming in from under the door I was able to just make out a pair of socks or other piece of clothing, and they would turn into insect type creatures and start crawling towards me. I was absolutely terrified. I would start screaming in absolute terror. My parents always came running in and discovering what the screaming was about would at the beginning of these episodes try calming me down, telling me it was my imagination an see, it's just a pair of socks. But after weeks or even months, it started getting old and taking its toll on my parents. It did end eventually, but just to experience and remember this stuff is like wow, imagination is unbelievable, you have to experience it yourself to really believe it. My god, them bugs! Yuck!!! I was terrified of bugs for most of my life but they don't bother me so much anymore. Now spiders, that's another story. I love spiders and have saved many from terrified men and women. They act just like I acted when I had a bug problem And, spiders kill bugs! Ahhh, I love those little creatures. Mans best friend next to the dog of course. I mean, if it wasn't for spiders, Earth would be overrun with, oh my god! BUGS!
Now, lets get into the ghostly happenings.
Grandma and Grandpa bought their house in the twenties. Grandma filled Randy and myself in on a little history of the house. Oh, I ran away from home when I was 15 and moved in with my Brother and Grandma. She told us that Grandpa bought the house from members of the Purple Gang. Back in the twenties this area was actually farmland and they could see past McNichols (6 Mile Rd). They were closer to Seven mile rd. The area now is packed with homes separated only by driveways.
They, the gangsters, lived in the house next door which was actually a country store and they built our house just for the purpose to make moonshine. They were drunk when they built the house. Everything was crooked and the house was never meant to be lived in.
Grandpa spoke 5 languages, German, he was full blooded German, Czech, Russian, Polish and English. He was the head of some welcoming committee that welcomed newly arriving immigrants into the Greater Detroit area. According to Grandma, it was through this connection that Grandpa was introduced to the Purple Gang. So cool to be a part of history.
Getting back on track, we had a couple of incidents in this house. My brother was pushed down the stairs by a black figure when he was younger and still had scars from that incident up to his untimely death. Before my Grandma and Mother disowned each other, a very traumatic experience for the kids, we loved Grandma and Grandpa, before he died in 64, and missed them something awful, we always went and visited and it was just a messed up situation.
The second incident in that house was when we were goofing around with trying to summon JFK. Sometimes kids do the most stupid things. We're sitting in a circle trying to have a seance, when all of a sudden, what sounded like an ice ball hitting the window with such force, it's a miracle the window wasn't busted. Scared the living bejesus out of us. This was the night too when we saw Grandpa moving in his picture Grandma kept on the wall. Imagination?
Okay, it gets better. Bear with me now.
We lived in the poorest part of Grosse Point Park. The man who lived in the house my parents purchased had died there and wasn't found for over thirty days and here's some of the incidents that I can recall.
I woke one night to see my Mom and our dog at the head of the steps. My Mom was trying to coax the dog to go downstairs with her. His hackles were straight up and he was growling but wouldn't budge. I asked mom about this years later and she remembered the incident. She heard dishes being washed and stacked in the kitchen. She went down without the dog and when she got to the kitchen there was nothing out of place.
One day I was home alone laying down in bed reading a book with my arm hanging over the side of the bed. All of a sudden and hand grabs my arm, gently, and it was warm. I know it sounds stupid, but I didn't feeling anything bad, it was a touch of love almost, or I mean I like felt love and kindness and nothing evil or harmful. Benevolent. But it startled me and scared the living daylights out of me. I remember, I was doing all of this stupid stuff, like looking under the bed and in the closet. I mean, I felt the hand grab me, I looked, nothing there, yank my arm up and jump out of the bed in record time, Hand let go as soon as I jerked my arm up. This one incident is the most scary of all paranormal experiences I had.
My brother tried to start a fire in the kitchen and had it going pretty good when it went out like instantly. He did manage to burn down the garage though at a latter date.
One interesting incident that involved the police. We went to church camp every Summer. We left behind a zoo. Mom loves animals as do I. We had cats, dogs, fish, birds, white mice, turtles, rabbits and maybe a couple of gerbils. I kid you not! So we take off for a week and the neighbor kids take care of the animals for us and they have the key to the house. They were coming over to feed the animals and saw an older heavy set gentleman in the window watching them as they approached. They ran home and called the police, GPP Police are probably the fastest responding police on record! No lie! they were there in a matter of minutes. The house was completely locked down. They were let in and searched the house and found nothing. I thought that was interesting that a ghost was seen and looked like a real, and solid person, and the police having it on record that someone was spotted and within minutes the police arrive and search the house and then had to write a report too. Yes!
I was always into the occult especially when I was younger. Always had to watch Dark Shadows when we got home from school. Quentin Collins ghost was my favorite and I still remember when Angelique and Barnabas walled Quentin and his ghost haunted the house, my favorite by far. Mom was into that stuff too so we were always sure to have Dark Shadows on 5 days a week!
When I was real young when we still lived in Hamtramck, I was so small, I could hide in a cupboard or under the coffee table where there was a door and I could crawl inside. I was always real skinny and I was always the kid who squeezed through the milk chute to unlock the door for the neighbors when they locked their keys in the house, and it was I who crawled through the back seat to unlock the trunk when friends and neighbors locked their keys in the trunk.
I watched my Mom and her friends doing a seance one night. I saw the table rise up and start to shake. I must have made a noise because I was caught and sent to bed. I remember mom talking with her girlfriends about holding a candle in front of the mirror and explaining how a different face appeared in place of hers. Real scary stuff to a child but also an eye opener.
Actually there's more. I lived in a house with my best friend and his family and four people died in this house. He eventually moved into a duplex he bought and he had me stay in this big old house in Zilwaukee MI. Pam, my friends wife told me after she moved out that house there was so much activity in that house that she almost called the police one night. I lived there by myself for some time. One night I was in the kitchen when all of a sudden I hear this huge crash in the basement. The only way I can describe it, is as if a steel rack with shelves on it, stacked with canning jars came crashing down. That's what it sounded like to me. Of course there was nothing remotely similar to that in the basement. But because there were windows down there and that's where the computer was located, I went running down there because at first I thought someone was breaking in. I even grabbed a butcher knife from the kitchen. By god, when I arrived on scene, nothing, and I mean nothing was out of place. I know the last few months there was pretty active. Every night at bedtime, I would hear whispering and voices talking, but couldn't make out what they were saying, Knocking sounds and footsteps, doors closing, just a racket. I had to go to bed medicated and wearing headphones with the music turned up so as to drown out the sounds and voices. That was an experience.
One more incident involving the house next door to Grandmas that used to be a country store. When me and my cousin moved into that house next to Grandmas, it already had a history. A girl, the daughter of the Willis', the folks that lived there, her name was Sissy, I remember playing with her when we were kids. She hung herself in what would become my closet. It used to be another closet but they walled the original door up and extended their bedroom closet. Now wait, I never had any experiences with Sissy or anything like that. It was Winter, I'm fresh out of the Navy. We were in the basement trying to get the boiler started. I was a boiler tech and had us up and running in no time. But, while we were getting the boiler up and running, we heard footsteps walk to length of the house from the living room to the back of the house towards the basement. Before we went downstairs I had made sure all of the doors were locked, we lived in one of the worse neighborhoods in Detroit at that time and I didn't want someone to just walk in. So we're down there working on the boiler when all of a sudden we hear these footsteps, we looked up at each other and bam, we high tailed it up the stairs, me in the lead of course, since I was the fastest and probably not the smartest. I was mad. I thought someone broke in. It sounded like a heavy set person in dress shoes. Man, we got up stairs and searched that house from top to bottom and never found anyone. I never really experienced anything besides that in this particular house but others had multiple experiences there. Just another minor paranormal experience.
The latest paranormal experience was back in the Winter of 08-09. I was living in a old farmhouse in Milford MI. Just a few doors down from where they tore down that horse barn looking for Jimmy Hoffa. There was a creek that ran along side the house. Well, back in the early 20th century a young boy of about 12 drowned in the creek. My first experience was when I was letting Komfort out to go potty, Komfort is my GSD. And I'm waiting there by the doorwall for her to finish when I hear this child's voice say something along the lines of you're so cool. I thought wow, did I hear what I think I heard. Again, sometime later I heard him talk again but don't remember what he said. And the one day when I still watched TV, I'm sitting on the sofa, I look over at the stairs and lo and behold, I see legs arm and upper body starting to materialize. When I jumped up to get a closer look he disapated. It was like man, what did I just see? What the heck was that?
Oh wait. Something from early childhood! My brother and I were lucky enough to spend every weekend with my fathers parents who were very christian in every way. We were brainwashed to believe in a god, like everyone else. So one day Cory and I were taking a nap. We just laid down. I look over at my brother and see him closing his eyes. And an instant later I hear this voice, a mans voice, a kind and gentle voice say, go to sleep Ricky. God I hated that name. I jumped up and started calling to Grandma, Grandma, god just spoke to me. Lol. Of course Grandma was so understanding and I don't remember the whole conversation with her but basically she said I must have imagined it. My brother said he heard absolutely nothing. Of course there's the picture of Jesus looking down at us, what was I supposed to think. I still think about that every now and then. How can I hear someone speak to me and my brother, laying right next to me hears nothing? Go figure. For awhile I thought I had a guardian angel and now because I no longer believe in that stuff, angels and god? Nope, you can keep that nonsense!
Let me just state, that I have never had any reason to believe I have ever been an abductee. I was 100 percent sure until this last year when I read everything I could get my hands on concerning the UFO phenomena. I'm still 99.9 percent sure I'm not an abductee but you never know. There was one dream I had where I was on this huge, gigantic spaceship. Bigger than anything you could imagine. I was walking by myself wandering around and totally amazed at the size of this ship. I remember looking out a porthole and seeing that we were in outer space. But that was so long ago and I am always daydreaming about being in a spaceship like on Star Trek, yes I am a treker and usually have Voyager or TNG always playing for nothing more than background noise. But I was so awed by this dream that it stuck with me over all these years.
Any comments or opinions are greatly appreciated!

Hi cherokeemist,

cherokeemist said:
Any comments or opinions are greatly appreciated!

Well, I for one am not yet really sure of how to comment, but it would be interesting to know your own thoughts about what you have told us :)

cherokeemist said:
Is this a Polish trait or what? The most stubborn ethnic group I have ever met! Plus Mom is half German to top it off! A real bad mix. Poles and Germans should not be allowed to breed!

Did you think for a moment what you are writing?

Kaigen said:
cherokeemist said:
Is this a Polish trait or what? The most stubborn ethnic group I have ever met! Plus Mom is half German to top it off! A real bad mix. Poles and Germans should not be allowed to breed!

Bad thinking. In fact so bad one might think You've entered the wrong bar...

clerck de bonk said:
Kaigen said:
cherokeemist said:

I thought he was joking with that, even though it would have been a pretty tasteless joke.

Gertrudes said:
clerck de bonk said:
Kaigen said:
cherokeemist said:

I thought he was joking with that, even though it would have been a pretty tasteless joke.
Yes of course, but by telling it (s)he only "stabs himself in the back".

In my case i think many ghost experiences has a relation with alternate realities or a parallel reality, what is happen is one reality fussion with another reality this cause one hologram apears in our reality just for a moment and disapear seconds later

It works like the program photoshop who work with layers, the layers are diferents alternative realitys one above another...u can work in many layers as u want then u can merge one layer( Alter Reality) with another layer, i think this happen with our reality, and is very common, the name of this phenomem i think is vilocation

Vilocation is when somebody has saw u in one place but u are in other place at same time, u cant divide ur body that is impossible, ur astral body cannot do tht either cause requires so many energy for do tht, wht i think it happens is something similar like the "theory of the layers and alternative realitys"

clerck de bonk said:
Kaigen said:
cherokeemist said:

I got the impression he was joking (or is this my wishful thinking ?) as I see it cherokeemist is putting together an humoristic twist/side into his family inside issues from is point of view. But it wouldn't hurt to be more externally considerate as I guess some people might take offense to the joke.

OromNom said:
clerck de bonk said:
Kaigen said:
cherokeemist said:

I got the impression he was joking (or is this my wishful thinking ?) as I see it cherokeemist is putting together an humoristic twist/side into his family inside issues from is point of view. But it wouldn't hurt to be more externally considerate as I guess some people might take offense to the joke.

My first impression from reading that was that he was serious and I was quite taken back, but then again he could be joking. Either way, when he is able, I hope he can clarify it.

Back
Top Bottom