I started writing on Substack

Spiritual Sight: How to See the Unseen

Thank you Luc for your latest Substack article! As you quite rightly say, lists can never capture the depths and subtleties of spiritual growth, but I nevertheless found yours to be a most helpful reminder of what should be kept in mind when striving to 'see the unseen'.

I also particularly appreciated your thoughts on paranormal phenomena as exceptional cases where the unseen world 'crashes' into the material world. I wonder: what do you make of so-called 'synchronicities'? Can these be indicative of 'goings on' in the non-material realm, trying to give us a helping hand (or not, as the case may be)?
I also enjoyed this article very much. Although I personally don’t feel that paranormal experiences are “exceptional cases of the unseen world crashing into the material world”. I feel that these moments occur when we are paying high attention and that they are woven into and through our experience of the world. The “crash” maybe with personalised concepts of what is normal, in other words what is real.

I categorise my own accounts of paranormal experiences as being interesting glimpses of underlying reality. My emotional responses to them has always been of a calm feeling of this is cool and really quite normal, or real. Yet as I understand it other people can have paranormal experiences that devastate their world view. This just illustrates how differently we all experience the worlds.

Mind you, I have never experienced poltergeist activity or seen a UFO close up. Not so sure how normal I would feel about that! And no thank you, I do not want any glimpse of either.

@luc, I am currently reading your latest article and think I spotted some typos?
But, you might ask, is magic as we normally think of it impossible? What about the so-called paranormal phenomena? I would suggest that such things are for the most part limit cases, exceptions, where the unseen world “crashes” into or collides with our material world. That is, in these instances, things exceptionally do manifest directly in interesting, often unpredictable ways. It is a sort of “punctuation” of the material realm by processes that are usually much subtler and much more stretched out over time. Thinking you can directly control such punctuations, such piercings of the veil, so to speak, is very dangerous: given how messed up we all are and how mixed our aspirations and intends still are, we might invite spiritual disaster. Still seeing and thinking in material terms, while trying to force the higher realms to satisfy our earthy wishes and desires, only brings the wrong kind of forces upon us.
I was thinking: limited and intents.:-)

I subscribed last week and I am really happy that I have started reading your articles as it gives me support and direction. :flowers:

@luc, I am currently reading your latest article and think I spotted some typos?

I was thinking: limited and intents.:-)

I subscribed last week and I am really happy that I have started reading your articles as it gives me support and direction. :flowers:

Thank you! "Intents" corrected. "Limit case" is the correct term though I think (comes from mathematics?).

hey luc, i have been reading your substack also. Im finding that what you're writing about Paul to be very valuable. Especially as we a working our way through FPTM on the reading workshop at the moment. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the feedback, which is very helpful to see what people especially here are most interested in/find most helpful.

I also enjoyed this article very much. Although I personally don’t feel that paranormal experiences are “exceptional cases of the unseen world crashing into the material world”. I feel that these moments occur when we are paying high attention and that they are woven into and through our experience of the world. The “crash” maybe with personalised concepts of what is normal, in other words what is real.

I didn't mean to say that I consider paranormal experiences as "bad". The point was rather that the very obvious ones, the "spectacular" stuff, is pretty rare for most people (indeed, many never experience any such thing). But if we assume that our reality is ultimately rooted in some "paranormal reality", then this reality can also be discerned in the more "normal" and regular life experience. This is what "seeing the unseen" is all about. And indeed, so many things in life can be seen in light of the higher realities, often it is even very obvious. But not necessarily in the in-your-face kind of way.

In other words, paranormal experiences could be seen as extreme examples of what is going on all the time. Or, if you prefer to put it the other way around, everything is in some sense paranormal, and therefore the paranormal is normal :umm:

Thank you for your latest article, luc!

"Is there an afterlife". I share most of your thoughts, well written in my opinion.

I also think that one "block" for those who have a purely materialistic view(that there is no afterlife) is because they are afraid. They hope that this is all there is so they can escape the scenario of having to face their own mistakes/shortcomings, one way or another.

From my own life experience and of course from the knowledge shared here I am as sure as can be that there is something more than this current existence. The good old quote from the C´s that "this is a school for all" has been with me ever since I read it. This perspective is both fascinating and calming in a way. And it underscores the point that in the end, we are responsible for our own life. Yes, there is help and support, but we need to learn our own lessons.

The one thing that's been on my mind when we talk about the "afterlife"(5d) is what part of ourselves is there? And can one be reincarnated and still have some aspects of the self in 5d? I know time does not exist in that realm so maybe that's messing up my thinking but still. If we meet up with loved ones in the afterlife can they still be both there and also be reincarnated to start learning new lessons?

This line of thought might just be a waste of energy but I wanted to hear if anyone has had similar thoughts on this subject.

The one thing that's been on my mind when we talk about the "afterlife"(5d) is what part of ourselves is there? And can one be reincarnated and still have some aspects of the self in 5d? I know time does not exist in that realm so maybe that's messing up my thinking but still. If we meet up with loved ones in the afterlife can they still be both there and also be reincarnated to start learning new lessons?

This line of thought might just be a waste of energy but I wanted to hear if anyone has had similar thoughts on this subject.

I don't think it's a waste of energy. But this is part of the reason why I don't necessarily take the channelled descriptions of the afterlife at face value. I'm sure there is something to it, but it might be that such descriptions are "translations" of the higher realm into our limited 3D understanding and maybe shouldn't be taken too literally? Also, I guess the afterlife can be radically different based on the soul's development?

I don't think it's a waste of energy. But this is part of the reason why I don't necessarily take the channelled descriptions of the afterlife at face value. I'm sure there is something to it, but it might be that such descriptions are "translations" of the higher realm into our limited 3D understanding and maybe shouldn't be taken too literally? Also, I guess the afterlife can be radically different based on the soul's development?

That's also how I've come to view it; it would depend on your general level of being/awareness/soul progression. Similar to how we all live in a shared 3D reality, and yet almost everyone's perception of it is different and determined by something more fundamental. Stafford Betty makes that case in one of his books, if I remember correctly.

Thank you for your latest article, luc!

"Is there an afterlife". I share most of your thoughts, well written in my opinion.

I also think that one "block" for those who have a purely materialistic view(that there is no afterlife) is because they are afraid. They hope that this is all there is so they can escape the scenario of having to face their own mistakes/shortcomings, one way or another.

From my own life experience and of course from the knowledge shared here I am as sure as can be that there is something more than this current existence. The good old quote from the C´s that "this is a school for all" has been with me ever since I read it. This perspective is both fascinating and calming in a way. And it underscores the point that in the end, we are responsible for our own life. Yes, there is help and support, but we need to learn our own lessons.

I absolutely agree - wonderful article luc. A very difficult subject to write coherently on in my opinion and you did a great job - there is much food for thought.
Odin, whilst it may not be wise to take it at face value, I think that the ideas of Gurdjieff that luc included in the footnotes gives us some things to consider along these lines.

I'm sure there is something to it, but it might be that such descriptions are "translations" of the higher realm into our limited 3D understanding and maybe shouldn't be taken too literally? Also, I guess the afterlife can be radically different based on the soul's development?
I would tend to agree and this speaks to my 'pointing' in the direction of Gurdjieff. What with the 'dead Presbyterians' who are often recorded as lurking around (and who seem none-the-wiser for being dead!), and the variety of accounts that people record as part of NDE's, this would all seem to suggest that the afterlife can be radically different for different individuals. St Paul's reference to someone rising to the 'third heaven' is interesting to ponder in this regard..

"... a better way of looking at it might be that if we accept an afterlife, this means that we cannot escape life".

A beautiful thought. Whatever the afterlife may hold for us, it behooves us to live this life in the best way that we are able and raise our Being to the highest level that we are able, then we can at least be sure that what awaits us will be the next necessary lesson in our development. Or so I think :umm:

What with the 'dead Presbyterians' who are often recorded as lurking around (and who seem none-the-wiser for being dead!), and the variety of accounts that people record as part of NDE's, this would all seem to suggest that the afterlife can be radically different for different individuals. St Paul's reference to someone rising to the 'third heaven' is interesting to ponder in this regard..
The bold parts made me think of the book"30 years among the dead". The work of Dr. Carl Wickland and his wife really made an impression on me and broaden my view regarding the afterlife. The book definitely shows that you don't automatically become "enlightened" when you leave your body ;-) There are numerous transcripts from the dialog Dr. Wickland has with the "dead" with his wife as a medium that underscores this point. A very interesting read and I can recommend it to those here that haven't read it and are interested in this subject.

"... a better way of looking at it might be that if we accept an afterlife, this means that we cannot escape life".

A beautiful thought. Whatever the afterlife may hold for us, it behooves us to live this life in the best way that we are able and raise our Being to the highest level that we are able, then we can at least be sure that what awaits us will be the next necessary lesson in our development. Or so I think :umm:

I 100% agree! And in my view, this is the most healthy way to look at this subject. If one integrates this line of thought into one's own life it can be very empowering in a subtle way. It can lead to the ultimate realization of the need to take responsibility for our own life and the growth of our souls. Like luc said; we cannot escape life.

30 years among the dead

There are numerous transcripts from the dialog Dr. Wickland has with the "dead" with his wife as a medium that underscores this point. A very interesting read and I can recommend it to those here that haven't read it and are interested in this subject.
I've not heard of this particular book, so thank you for the recommendation - I will check it out.

Why "Make Money Online" Is the Work of the Devil

Thank you luc for another thoughtful and well-written article. Timely as well, at least for me, as I've been wrestling with grumbles of discontent regarding my job of late.
Of course, you're right. I'm here to learn my lessons. The job I find myself doing is hopefully helping me to do that, or at least it should. One question that came to mind was this: how do you discern whether the struggles you face in your job are the results of valuable 'lesson learning', or the result of run-of-the-mill badly made decisions that have led to unnecessary struggles..? Can we even make such a distinction?
I did chuckle to myself when I thought about how many times I have day dreamed about winning the lottery and not having to work ("how free you would be" sings the siren!), but not once have I felt compelled to actually go and buy a lottery ticket..! Perhaps on some level I know that being a wealthy gentleman of leisure is not on my 'lesson' profile..!

Your rendition of Adelweiss is moving Luc. I could hear deep emotion in your voice and found I shed a few tears myself also having read your reflections and listened to Captain von Trapp perform for the Nazi elites.

I think what moved me is precisely your presentation of strong masculine forces. Those motivated by love and beauty represented by the Captain juxtaposed by the dark motivations of the Nazis.

I found it interesting to learn you had never heard of let alone seen The Sound of Music, when it is one of the classics widely known in English speaking countries.

Your rendition of Adelweiss is moving Luc. I could hear deep emotion in your voice and found I shed a few tears myself also having read your reflections and listened to Captain von Trapp perform for the Nazi elites.

Had read your recent blog and share sentiments with gottathink.

Was surprised, as you said, that SofM was relatively unknown where you are (might be understandable too), while for some of us the SofM was a staple since young. Loved your Edelweiss rendition - here is a version of part of the original at 3:25

Muchly agree! Really beautiful rendition of Edelweiss, luc. That was always my favourite song from that movie, but I had no idea of the meaning behind it... I found your article enlightening... The Sound of Music has been a constant in our house since I was a kid - I think it's my mum's favourite movie, she still watches it several times a year.. and so I always took it for granted, it was just in the background.. and have never actually watched it, or thought about what it was about! Next time she asks me to put it on I think I'll sit and watch it with her.

Back
Top Bottom