Ichiro Kishimi, Fumitake Koga - The Courage To Be Disliked

Before pandemic thing I went to bookstore with aim to buy something unique to read. There i found a book with quite unappealing title: "Odwaga bycia nielubianym" ("The Courage To Be Disliked"), i bought it and then after many months i decided to give it a try.

Book is written in form of discussion of young person with philosopher that believes in Alfred Adler philosophy.

I was surprised how many concepts looks similar to some transcripts.
  • Time is illusion - philosopher denies existence of past (and future), "what decides life is here and now" and that past doesn't influence You, meanings You give to events that happened do.
  • STO - in this book it is called "service to someone", "social interest", "concern of others" - those are described as people aware of what they are worth, that feel being beneficial for community and have sense of belonging
  • STS - in this book it is called "attachment to self"- philosopher describes those as "people that sees themselves as a center of world and think only for themselves and believe others are there to serve them"
  • Everything is lessons - in that book lessons are called "life tasks"

Back
Top Bottom