Ides of March

Arwenn said:
Laura said:
Tomorrow is the Ides of March, the anniversary of the assassination of Julius Caesar. I think I'll light a candle in commemoration.

That time of year again. I will light a candle at home. I've put purple flowers and a picture of Caesar at work. I think my colleagues think I've truly lost it :P

I'll light a candle as well. When I think of Caesar, I can almost hear this music in the background. He's possibly the closest thing to Superman this world has seen (osit).

https://youtu.be/DDSDloAcxAM

Woke up this morning to a sunny day and was thinking it's mid March already. Caesar came to mind and I remembered tomorrow is the Ides of March - I haven't procured a bust of Caesar yet but I'll get a candle ready for tomorrow the 15th of March.

Woke up this morning to a sunny day and was thinking it's mid March already. Caesar came to mind and I remembered tomorrow is the Ides of March - I haven't procured a bust of Caesar yet but I'll get a candle ready for tomorrow the 15th of March.
It will be Tuesday. It was also on my mind lately. I didn't know you people put candles in commemoration. I will do it too.

It will be Tuesday. It was also on my mind lately. I didn't know you people put candles in commemoration. I will do it too.

Yeah, we like to put a candle beside a photo or bust of Caesar and just recapitulate in our minds what his life really meant at the time and since, and how maligned he was. It's sort of a way of trying to balance things.

Just had a quick look at other events that occured on the Ides of March:

10. A New Global Health Scare, 2003
After accumulating reports of a mysterious respiratory disease afflicting patients and healthcare workers in China, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore and Canada, the World Health Organization issues a heightened global health alert. The disease will soon become famous under the acronym SARS (for Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome).

Lighting a candle today for our hero Julius Caesar. Was looking to see if there was a Turkish epic about Julius Caesar as their villains always seem to refer to him and idolize him. Enjoying Barbarossa about the pirates around his time. But cannot find anything on Caesar sadly, as was interested to see if they got nearer the truth. But having villains like him I doubt their education is any different.
Found this in my searches. But the child with Cleopatra I believe was still doubtful.
Caesar was definitely the definitive martyr. Long live Caesar!!

I always keep my eyes open for a suitable madeleine to add to the collection of others I wear now!

1647360050949.png

1647359369257.jpeg
You will find below the horoscope of Julius Caesar with his interactive chart, an excerpt of his astrological portrait and his planetary dominants.

Julius Caesar
Birth data and astrological dominants

See the photo
Born:Thursday, June 29, -99 (100 BC) (time unknown) (Julian cal.)
In:Rome (Italy)
Sun:3°35' Cancer
Moon:26°22' Aries
Dominants:Cancer, Aries, Capricorn
Saturn, Moon, Uranus
Water, Earth / Cardinal
Numerology:Birth Path 8
Height:Julius Caesar is 5' 8½" (1m74) tall
Pageviews:104,067

X
Reliability
Source :Date without time of birth
If you know the time of birth of Julius Caesar, we would appreciate it if you would send us your information with your source, at stars@astrotheme.com. To thank you for contributing to the enhancement of our astrological database, we shall be glad to send you the astrological portrait (34 pages) of this celebrity, on demand.

Thank you Alejo,

I watched the 3 films - apart from being interesting, they also allow to see Caesar's skills and genius.
It could also be a good time to listen (or re-listen) to one of these:

And this one, even though it's not for everyone, I found it an engaging video and indeed showed his genius and skill.

I lit a candle. In thoughts of Caesar and what he experienced and on the Ides of March

Hi Everyone,
I’ve recently joined the Cassiopeia forums and have been lurking a bit : ) perhaps this is the incorrect place to ask, but I have been chewing on a couple of thoughts about J.C. As I recently have been reading Francesco Carottas excellent thesis Jesus was Caeser. FirstlyI am convinced that The Cult of Julius Caeser was in fact the prototype for Christianity. Personally, a stunning discovery to come across. Two thoughts arose as I read Carotta;

Does any information exist—however speculative or circumstantial—that may support Mark Anthony as the/a key conspirator? It seems to me motive, opportunity and means are all present in abundance.

Was Caeser aware of the plot? It may seem a stretch, however as the biblical myth so strongly correlates to the actual events of Caeser’s life, it strikes me that Jesus was portrayed as clearly aware of the plot against him and his impending death and martyrdom. Could it be that this construct within the biblical story line runs so strong, is that it was—like the rest—based on actual events? Caeser had a masterful understanding of human nature, and was well aware of Anthony’s ambitions. “Keep your enemies closer”. In other words did Caeser perhaps go to his death knowingly martyring himself to in turn set up Mark Anthony’s demise and in turn his adopted nephew Gaius Octavius’s ultimate triumph?

Caeser was brilliantly capable of this. It seems to me. I think he was capable of the level of selflessness required, as demonstrated throughout his life.

I appreciate any documents, books, articles and thoughts :)

Best!

Rusty

Back
Top Bottom