Improvement???

abstract

Dagobah Resident
Something was different about work today. I was quite relaxed when I came in, and stayed in a relaxed state of body and mind for basically the entire shift. I did not run some of my usual programs, with a few small exceptions of course.
I did not clock-watch, I did not once get angry about something, I did not run my "stupid people" program except a couple times for a short duration.

I remember when I came in I was telling myself consciously "don't run your programs" "be yourself" "relax, stay calm" and when I felt a program start to get "triggered" I said to myself "no, i will not run this program, I will be conscious
of myself and my actions". But it was not so much of a struggle to control myself, what I said, what I did. This is not to say that I didn't run a program, but some of our programs have potential to be positive, right? but that's beside the point.

The point is, is that seemingly out of the blue I was doing things I don't normally doing, like smiling and laughing for real instead of the fake way I usually do. I was patient with all the customers, with my co-workers, the time did not
drag by so much.

I read a very interesting mention about how the more concentrated one is, the faster time goes by, correct me if i'm wrong. So I told myself that if i just concentrate on work and nothing else, those 8 or 9 hours just blast on by.
and they did! In my clearer, calmer state of mind I was noticing some new things, like how some people tend to over exert their energy for simple tasks.

I'd like to say that i'm improving myself, but this is a bit unusual. It is a welcome change, however. I just wonder if i can keep it up.

Hi abstract,

Sounds like work today was your real Work of noticing the I’s and not just the habitual compensational work.

The point is, is that seemingly out of the blue I was doing things I don't normally doing, like smiling and laughing for real instead of the fake way I usually do. I was patient with all the customers, with my co-workers, the time did not drag by so much.

Good on you for considering those around you, being more in sync with them as opposed to the inner struggle against. One can certainly learn about the self from watching and interacting with those around us in the most unlikely ways. Awareness of those around you in the little work (careers) often gives one the most remarkable discoveries that add much to our major Work.

Thanks for sharing! :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom