Inclined Bed Therapy: Tilt your bed for many health benefits.

Thank you hiker for 'bumping' this thread into my awareness. I'm going to try this right away, since I'm experiencing some troubles with my sleep.

Hello,
I made a quick home-made tilting of my mattress, i calculated that i have +/- 5%. It's too early to comment about, but i liked it.
Problem with my bed is that I can't easily elevate the head of the bed, it's not a simple 4 feet bed :(

So I searched on special cushion/triangular mattress that can be put under the main mattress (key words were not obvious to find, so I give them here, the english ones : wedge / triangular / inclined and pillow.
The problem is that you can only find what i consider as small ones. It's already hard to find one which makes 90cm (width of a standard mattress) and usually they make 50cm in length ... when my mattress is 190/200cm ...

I found a website that may help for this, it's french, but i suppose this type of service can be found in many countries. The name of the website says it all :
(Which means : all in foam)
Note: for a manual guy (or girl ^^), it's probably not so hard to buy raw foam and cut it by oneself ... dunno.

To come back on this site, there's a page where you can chose custom dimensions. Maximum lenght is 150cm ... i would have preferred to have it up to 180 or 190cm but it should be ok with 150cm (here's the direct link to the custom size page of the site)

At least with a simple 2D drawing application, I calculated that with 150cm, you need to have +/- 13,2 cm of height to have a 5° angle. If you take 15cm of height, you have 5,6° angle
I finalized the drawing, it's horrible but sufficient to have a visual idea :
Lit_Incline.jpg
Still have to discuss with a relative about, but I want to continue to test this + other improvments. I sleep worse and worse since some years, and the rare time i sleep at my my mother's house i sleep very well - i wonder if in fact the greatest factor are not all the EMF fields now around, all the wifi of my 7 neighboors (will study the EMF thread in a near future, already read the sleeping position thread here)

Just for the note : summary of the other (external) factors which can perturb/ameliorate sleep, so not the ones relative to one's health condition :
- EMF of any type (and protection vs that for a bed)
- head orientation (North/south, ...)
- "natural" energy fields (hartmann and other kind of field included)
- earthing (connect your body to the ground to remove all electrical charge mainly induced by EMF on your body)
- dark room
- a cat in heat ... :lol: (my cat is in the middle of such period, but in fact she's quite calm when i sleep)
- and more seriously : I wonder if lizzies (sometimes) perturb/influence the sleep of some people, just to exhaust them by preventing them from sleeping well ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom