Inedia

Hi Bosphorus1982,

Generally, when people share a book, they publish a short summary with all the salient points. So what are these for you?

I'm frequently in contact with Higher self and a few weeks ago, he told me i'm going to experience Inedia in a 1-2 years. I desired to try it for a short time. When i requested it, i began to feel as if i'm in no need of any food or beverage. It was amazing. I felt as if nurtured by Cosmic energy. Later, i have returned to the normal ongoing, as Higher self told me i'm currently in need of food due to my ailment. Anyway, if you desire to be unaffected by starvation and chipping, you can always talk to your spirit guides and Higher self. AS this will provide a good protection and detox. Would like to know if you had the same thing.

Hi Bosphorus, you already posted about the book in this thread. Probably, admins can merge the threads.

I read it in Yogananda's book "Autobiography of Yogi" long time ago. I took it as a data point, but whether it works for every body is doubtful.

I haven't read the book you are mentioning, so my opinion is initial impressions. Here are some questions to ask.

How do you know you are in contact with your higher self? Is it voices you hear or feelings or impressions you get? We all know our mind can make up many things. True contact takes LOT of effort, experience and there is a jungle in subconscious. Unfortunately there is no clear agreeable definition of what subconscious is.

No doubt, any technique that avoids eating is very attractive, whether situation demands it or not. But, human body is very complex organism. There are many people who slowly increased their fasting to 40 days etc, constantly checking the health condition. Some works initially depending on the person's condition. There wide variety of modalities promoted in the world, initially looks very good, soon people starts feeling the side effects of it. By the time, people are so emotionally invested in it, they can't see it. One example is Veganism.

Watch IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS LIGHT (engl. narration and subtitles) Online | Vimeo On Demand this is a documentary movie about breatharianism and people who live without eating solid food - breatharians are feed by the light. It covers stories of different people, how they function and how they get to the point of "eating light" and also it is showing some scientific research done on a men who do not ate for many years. I watched it years ago so my description will not go into greater details as I do not remember everything :-D
I second seek10 that not everything fits to all. I thougt for many years that vege/vegan diet is perfect for me as long as i started to be very weak both physically and mentally. So ye, not everything is good for one just because it does wonders for other. Fasting is great for body and for the mind but why to be so restricted about it and go fully into not eating at all?

Back
Top Bottom