Information on disappearances

Jeremy's mum has also received false information, often from nasty people who wanted to give her false hope in order to make her suffer more. This isn't your case, but what I'm trying to say is that these situations are very complex.

Yes, and that is another reason for not being too eager. For example, what if you try to give some information, but they have had a bad experience before like the one you posted above, the answer isn't quite what was expected, or things change in the meantime (or many other things that can happen), and then YOU are considered a "suspect" for having tried to interfere? Or what if, even if you help solve a case, some people were better off not knowing, for whatever reason? Lots of possibilities.

My grandmother, who was a monument to wisdom, used to say: “Let the dead rest in peace”. But I don't think she was talking about the dead but about those who live, the survivors, the family, the friends. Of course, each victim has his own drama, his own personal story, his own tragedy. And it's human nature to ask questions and look for answers. But my yaya, a woman with no formal education but who knew the importance of the diaphragm in breathing, used to say, let the dead rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom