Ingo Swann vs. Susan Blackmore, or, to PSI or not to PSI…

Racer_Unknown

The Force is Strong With This One
Interesting piece by Susan Blackmore about the paranormal:

_http://www.csicop.org/si/2001-03/conciousness.html

"I would love to be able to provide a fair and unbiased assessment of the evidence for psi and decide whether it exists or not. But this is simply impossible. Many people have tried and failed. In some of the best debates in parapsychology the proponents and critics have ended up simply agreeing to differ (e.g., Hyman and Honorton 1986; Hyman 1995; Utts 1995) or failing to reach any agreement (Milton and Wiseman 1999). The only truly scientific position seems to be to remain on the fence, and yet to do so makes progress difficult, if not impossible. For this reason, if for no other, you have to jump to one side or other of the fence - and preferably be prepared to jump back again if future evidence proves you wrong. I have jumped onto the side of concluding that psi does not exist. My reasons derive from nearly thirty years of working in, and observing, the field of parapsychology (Blackmore 1996)."

It is highly interesting to me that if someone is sincerely after the Truth - of whatever - in this instance, Susan Blackmore claims she wanted to verify whether PSI was real or not, and decides to embark on research and experiments - that she would come to such a conclusion!

Whereas Dr. Robert G. Jahn, emeritus professor and former dean of Princeton University’s engineering school said in a 2007 New York Times article: “If people don’t believe us after all the results we’ve produced [over the past 28 years], then they never will.” (Full article: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/10/science/10princeton.html?_r=1&ref=todayspaper&oref=slogin)

And let’s not even bring up psychics like Ingo Swann who PROVE that PSI is real.

Not to take away anything from those that believe that PSI does exist even if they lack their own experiences. As to them this "knowing" - that it exists - is innate. Much like having a "conscience" this is something someone simply "knows." (A C's bit comes to mind where I think Laura asks how one knows whether they have a conscience or not. They reply [paraphrasing]: "Do you ever hurt for someone? That's how you know."

Ingo Sawnn says on a DVD talk (_http://www.amazon.com/Remote-Viewing-Through-Time-Space/dp/B0009N7OEI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1207083369&sr=1-6) that "compasion leads to empathy which in turn leads to telepathy." Which is why, he thinks, the PTB discourage having empathy and compassion in our society. As if telepathy were the norm, there could be NO secrets. Which is to say, no CONspiracies! Funnily enough, Swann also shares that whenever the CIA folks went to the SRI lab back in the 70's and 80's to meet with the people involved in the remote viewing/PSI program for US intelligence, he claims that they would NEVER invite him to lunch... Because he would be able to READ their minds!

He then asks the audience, "why would they want to keep their thoughts and intents hidden from someone who could read their minds...?

Apparently, PSI/the supernatural does not exist for Susan Blackmore and other *sincere* seekers! It somehow escapes them. They aren’t able to See it.

It’s as though both Susan Blackmore and Ingo Swann (and those who share their respective worldviews/beliefs) exist in completely separate REALITIES

Ingo Swann vs. Susan Blackmore, or, to PSI or not to PSI…

Well, if you take into account some of the conclusions from the research on organic portals Susans position makes a bit more sense. In her perception of reality there might indeed not be any PSI. This would of course only be a personal perception kind of thing, and even if she has no personal evidence there is the research done by Jahn et al whose metastudy including all their studies ended up with a one to one million billion billion (see "The Field" for reference) that the results could be attributed to chance. If you are on the fence and want to take a side, purely for the purpose of going forward, it seems like betting against those odds is not very rational.

foofighter said:
Well, if you take into account some of the conclusions from the research on organic portals Susans position makes a bit more sense. In her perception of reality there might indeed not be any PSI

I really appreciate your take on what might be the reason for some people's inability to experience/measure PSI phenomena, Foofighter. What you say about organic portals sounds intriguing to me. You see, when reading Val Valerian's Matrix 5 (I know that Valerian is said to be a cointelpro type. But I am referencing him as *some* of the data in said book appears to have some metaphysical validity. I know that for example disinfo IS laced with valid information. Right? That is the nature of those types of books. If one has proper knowledge however, then, it is possible, I think, to weed out possible truth from lies.) At any rate and to borrow one of Laura's lines: "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water."

Having said that, M5 talks about "minion incarnations," which are similar to the C's "organic portals." I myself have a working hypothesis about what I call "consciousness species." For instance, what human psychology terms "psychopaths" might be an entirely different *species of consciousness* than "Humane Humans;" the later being those that have not only "intelligence" (like the psychopaths have) but also a "heart" (or "conscience") and are perhaps even what is termed "empaths."

I bring this up as perhaps the C's organic portals (minion incarnations in M5 lingo) might be another type of *consiousness species* than "Humane Humans" AND the Psychopathic Predators (for lack of better terms). All part of the current "human gene pool stock" - the METAphysical counterpart being the TYPE of consciousness that "resides" "inside" each physical body, during this particular *version* (as in probabilities) of the Human Experience. Where all 3 species (perhaps more?) interact for a specific "karmic lesson profile."

This gets me thinking... Perhaps this is the reason why some humans are not only unable to perceive or experience PSI but are also unable to perceive the truth about events like September 11th! and also other historical lies/psi ops throughout history (like organized religion): it is perhaps because said perception of reality isn't in their "perception of reality destiny profile"). Which could explain some of my friends' *inability* to perceive what others can, including PSI:

It is because they aren't "wired for it." And consequently not meant to "see it!"

What's more, each species of consciousness (organic portals/minon incarnations, "Humane Humans," and Psychopathic Predators) exists in entirely different *psychological realities.*

And here we see again that "split" or separation phenomenon I've observed and described.

Back
Top Bottom