Inherited Family Trauma: It Didn't Start with You

I watched another Rupert Sheldrake video in which he explores Family Constellations vis-à-vis this family field based on morphic resonance:

Here is a rather literal summary of the first 30 minutes:
According to Rupert Sheldrake quite a bit of epigenetic inheritance depends on morphic resonance. He gives the example of identical twins who share many similarities and specifically resonate with each other across space and time, even if they are living in separate places and in separate families. Evidence may suggest that morphic resonance is going on rather than it's all due to the genes. Individuals are responding to this field and the field has an inherent memory. There's no way this can be programmed in proteins, in so just switching on or off genes. When two people marry their family fields come together, both with a kind of history, often with unconscious, habitual patterns formed in previous generations.

Interestingly, Rupert's wife has been practicing Family Constellations (FC) for many years, so he really knows how it works! Individuals may behave in ways that individual psychotherapy can't really deal with. One member of the family may identify with someone of the previous generation and excludes himself by behaving in a dysfunctional way or becoming suicidal and individual psychotherapy can't get to the bottom of this, because it's not an individual problem. On the contrary, it's within the habitual field of the family.

He states that FC is extraordinarily effective. Representatives of the members of the family channel certain responses from the field (think Mary Balogh!) and these fields also seem to work on Zoom, even if people are hundreds of kilometres apart!

I’ve recommended a Netflix series to several people, and would like to share it here.
There are several women I’ve been in contact with, especially so during the “dark, con-vid days”.
They all have been struggling with absolutely catastrophic life changing issues.

I’ve offered what little I’ve learned, a sympathetic shoulder, shared methods and knowledge that helped me heal in my journey, and of course books, books and more books!
Pretty much the complete reading list compiled here on the Forum, as well as several of my favourites on personal growth, healing and development.

During last winter, they became interested in Family Constellations, after I introduced the ideas that possibly some of the emotional and spiritual problems they weren’t able to completely resolve “may” be ancestral “echos” or possibly cellular coded memories from long dead relatives.

I encouraged them to do family tree outlines, as recommended in the material, truly look at these ongoing, repeating dynamics that happen in family’s.
Nothing really seemed to be “clicking” tho’, and it dawned on me, it’s a different world now.
I’m finding that A LOT of people aren’t able to sink into reading, and truly apply and ponder the information.
They want the info on videos, or movies, sound bites, rather than the banquet of a deep reading experience.
Geezus....

Then, I found this series!

It’s “chick flick” enough to appeal to women, there are dramas a plenty, and lovely, heartbreaking romances yet the underlying spiritual tone is undeniable, and the Family Constellations work is so very well done.
Hopefully it adds an option of learning this information for someone.

I just want to give an update, as I am integrating the It didn't start with you material and so far it has been very helpful. I had a few bewildering thoughts which caused me some shame until I realised that these thoughts could be related to some members of my family system (in this case Japanese soldiers that incarcerated my family during the war).

Before reading Mark Wolynn's book I had noticed these destructive thoughts, but couldn't for the life of me comprehend their origin. But just having this knowledge about the morphic/information field and family systems has helped me a) calm down my nervous system and b) see a connection between my thoughts/feelings and my family history.

I have been applying the same knowledge to other thoughts that caused me very strong and negative feelings, until I started playing with the idea that these feelings could belong to my ancestors while at the same time I was imagining how they must have felt during and after the war. Again, the effect on my nervous system was astonishing. I almost instantly calmed down and my negative thoughts vanished.

And there are more habits fueled by unconscious patterns (acting on feelings of ostracisation and stigmatization for instance) that do not belong to me, but again this is something my family must have experienced after the war. I'm actually quite awe-struck by these flashes of insights caused by the above-mentioned book.

But just like positive self-talk I do think repetition is required, possibly in combination with positive self-talk, something like: I am not responsible for the (emotional) lives of my ancestors? (Shad Helmstetter in one of his books compiled a list of sentences with 'I don't', so sentences with 'not' ARE part of positive self-talk.)

Also, tapping some acupressure points did a lot of good and I am still reading my romance novels, as they also help me process events from past lives!

My beliefs follow somewhat along the lines of, we are here to heal our ancestors and families. I think that as we heal ourselves and our family dynamics, it crosses the time barriers. We bring these woundings with us when we incarnate into these bodies. Part of the package that we agreed to prior to taking an incarnation.

My mother and I had issues and I know that much of that dynamic came from way back in her families past. I also feel that she knew, on an unconscious level, that when she had me that I would be the one who would be here to heal family past.

I feel that when I am able heal some aspect of our relationship (she passed many years ago) that I can feel her presence saying thank you and that it helps her where she is now. We are closer now than possibly ever and there is more to do. I can also feel this is filtering back into her generations. This relates to another thread, Ho'oponopono, but feels correct in this one. Uniting family. Sometimes I feel her father looking over my shoulder.

The funny thing for me as I write this is that most of my family issues are on her side and not so much on my fathers. fwitw

My beliefs follow somewhat along the lines of, we are here to heal our ancestors and families.

In the last many years, have turned to more thinking - giving thoughts to my ancestors, doing more digging and seeing more interconnections of how they were with their offspring, and down the line. So many ripples of trauma and such, and goodness. I certainly agree that healing families in the current realm is something to pay attention to (and not always achievable), yet beyond the veil perhaps if one opens up to it there is a bit of a two-way street of healing. Don't know.

Of the two-way street, was reminded of this as a future state:

Feb 2002
Q: (Altair, Cosmos, Gawan) What do the C's mean that Putin has higher help? From whom?

A:
Ancestors and himself in the future and a lot lot LOT of knowledge and awareness.

And yet one sees this above speaking as in a futures self (and ancestors), by making oneself stronger in the present, someone who has works to gain, as said, knowledge and awareness, to then feedback/help themselves in the present.

:-) (Oct 1994)
Q: (L) Okay, who created the Cassiopaeans?

A: Your super ancient spiritual ancestors.

May 2019
Q: (L) Alright, let's move on to the next item on my list. The next one is... I put this on the list, but I dunno if it should be there. I thought it was something that would be useful: to connect with ancestors and honored saintly type people in 5D for protection. I thought that that would be kind of a useful thing. I think people should find out if they have any ancestors deceased relatives or somebody who were good and decent people who one can talk to mentally or communicate with by writing letters to them, or dream communication, and ask them for protection.

A: Yes

Q: (Ark) And if you can't find your ancestors, you have to find someone else's ancestors!

(L) Well, that's true. You can hook up with somebody who has good ancestors, and their ancestors become your ancestors by you having shared realities. You're opening up and sharing your worries and troubles. The good ancestors of any group or any one person in a group kind of become the good ancestors of other members of the group.

(Pierre) And here you mentioned not ALL your ancestors - just the good ones. The same is true for the saintly figures. I think people should be aware that there are many saints who were not saints and other people who were vilified who were actually good.

(L) There are saints who were made saints, but they weren't actually very good people. And then there are other saints who deserved that title. That's a good topic for discussion... not a C’s discussion, but rather a discussion amongst people. Another thing I thought it would be useful for people to do would be to guide the newly deceased. If there is somebody in your circle of acquaintances or group or whatever who is in the process of passing over or recently did pass over, you could in some way help guide them in the reality to which they may not be accustomed (obviously), but mainly because of their thought patterns during life. So many people in this materialist-driven world do not think that there is an afterlife or another world. When they get there, they don't know what to do! They don't even realize who or what they are or which way to go. Is that a good one?

A:
Yes but for certain people obviously.

Q: (L) That's not something that everybody should do. But if you have a loved one who's dying, it's certainly not going to hurt to talk to them frankly about the process they're going through and what to expect. Another thing I put on my list was when you are in a group situation or in our particular kind of group, one of the things we've always tried to use to bring people to full awareness of their reality is what we call the mirror. In some cases, it's a very delicate process. In other cases, it's somewhat unpleasant. Well, it's NEVER pleasant. Unless you've gotten to the point where when someone tells you you've screwed up, and you can genuinely respond, "Oh, thank you for telling me!" Hardly anybody does that sincerely though, because it's not as simple or as easy as just saying those words. So, it seems to me that this process that we undertake is kind of an initiation. Is that one way...

A:
Yes but should be handled carefully as many are not ready for that advanced work.

Back
Top Bottom