Ink

Finally got the chance to watch this one. It's very interesting and it was a bit hard "getting into" at the beginning. The rest of the film was well done, and I like the concept of a reality on one level is being played out while on a different level, there is a battle between light and dark for a man's soul. And, that the father is heading down on a path where he is meeting his own and others' destruction and these light beings (Storytellers) are working to save his daughter and he would become the one to save her by going to her instead of giving into his "vanity and pride."

The fact that the "flow" was interrupted by the Pathfinder in order to get the father hit by the truck (so that he would be in the hospital where his daughter who's in coma) is interesting and some what seems to be a "divine intervention" since the father was going down spirally.

I thought the film is pretty good and not bad for a low budget.

A Beautiful Indie Film called Ink

Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBGeErufQdY

Official Summary:

"Trapped between dreams and nightmares, a father fights to recover his soul and his daughter in this dark modern fairy tale."

Just finished watching this. Wow is all I can say. It tells the story of two sides fighting for a little girl's soul, which has been kidnapped by a third party, a creature called Ink. Ink is what is called a wanderer, and seeks to give the girl's soul up to the Incubi, dark creatures who give people nightmares. He is doing this because he wants to become an Incubi himself.

A small group of Story-Tellers, the people who give good dreams, are out to rescue the girl and, by extension, her estranged father, a man who has become alienated from himself through self-loathing and guilt. There are a few twists and turns along the way.

For an independent movie the production values are amazing. The OST is fantastic, as is the acting, camera-work, special effects and fight-choreography. And, most importantly, the plot is great. It'll pull your heart-strings, let me tell ya.

If you haven't seen this I'd highly recommend it. I think there might be a version on youtube.

Re: A Beautiful Indie Film called Ink

Explorer said:

Official Summary:

"Trapped between dreams and nightmares, a father fights to recover his soul and his daughter in this dark modern fairy tale."

Just finished watching this. Wow is all I can say. It tells the story of two sides fighting for a little girl's soul, which has been kidnapped by a third party, a creature called Ink. Ink is what is called a wanderer, and seeks to give the girl's soul up to the Incubi, dark creatures who give people nightmares. He is doing this because he wants to become an Incubi himself.

A small group of Story-Tellers, the people who give good dreams, are out to rescue the girl and, by extension, her estranged father, a man who has become alienated from himself through self-loathing and guilt. There are a few twists and turns along the way.

For an independent movie the production values are amazing. The OST is fantastic, as is the acting, camera-work, special effects and fight-choreography. And, most importantly, the plot is great. It'll pull your heart-strings, let me tell ya.

If you haven't seen this I'd highly recommend it. I think there might be a version on youtube.

How odd, we watched this last night. It is quite good!

anart said:
Explorer said:

Official Summary:

How odd, we watched this last night. It is quite good!

Its great, huh? A nice change to most of the movies released these days. Gotta admit, I got a little misty-eyed towards the end. :lol:

Just a note to mods that there is already a thread about this movie here, just in case you want to merge them:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,14830.0.html

:)

I saw it yesterday. It is indeed on youtube.

*--//SPOILER WARNING//--*

Wow indeed!

Great actors! The father/Ink was really good. And I really enjoyed the pathfinder as well.

I think it was quite well done! There was definitely a good hyperdimensional/high strangeness flavor which sort of started to reveal itself more and more as the events unfolded.

It kind of goes from what we may initially interpret as a "classic" horror movie with ghosts/demons/creatures but then, as you realize more and more what's going on, you then start to understand the brilliant concept behind the whole story.

There were quite a few "ah-ha!" moments where an important clue was given and I thought it was great.

I also like how the incubus were portrayed. And that whole hyperdimensional "light vs darkness" battle in the hospital near the ending was remarkable. The sound effects/music really gave a nice flavor to it.

Multiple realities, time loop, open future, hyperdimensional battle between "good and evil", hyperdimensional manipulation/influence, the "beat of the universe" etc.

And I must admit that the ending also brought tears to my eyes. :cry: It was very nice, heartwarming and very special given the context of the movie. :)

Saw it a few days ago.
Wow, yes, the time loops, hyperdimensionality, and other things were depicted in an amazing way.

I too found the ending very nice. I wasn't expecting that though..

JayMark said:
And I must admit that the ending also brought tears to my eyes. :cry: It was very nice, heartwarming and very special given the context of the movie.

I agree. It affected me similarly. I thought the performance of the girl was fantastic. The acting was all-around good, but for a child I thought she did an excellent job with her facial expressions. The movie has a lot of heart to it, and that is something that's hard to find these days. I think it's a great film.

Hello everyone :)
Here is a movie I enjoyed immensely. Great quality for a low budget production that never made it to the big screen, and a great soundtrack, too. I got to know about it from a movie critique that read something like "everyone should watch this, 'cause this is exactly how things work". Since enquiring minds wanted to know :headbanger:, I watched it once, then watched it again and again with friends over the years.

It's a story about a little girl who lies in the hospital in a coma for no apparent reason. And in the meantime, we get to see what has happened to her at a whole other level (4D?). There are players on all levels, both seen and unseen, some striving for their selfish purposes, some striving for the greater good.
It's on youtube
and there is also their official website where you can pay a little bit of money to download The Work of Filmmaker and Composer Jamin Winans.
Enjoy!!

Hello everyone :)
Here is a movie I enjoyed immensely. Great quality for a low budget production that never made it to the big screen, and a great soundtrack, too. I got to know about it from a movie critique that read something like "everyone should watch this, 'cause this is exactly how things work". Since enquiring minds wanted to know :headbanger:, I watched it once, then watched it again and again with friends over the years.

I merged your thread with the existing one discussing Ink.

I merged your thread with the existing one discussing Ink.

Good morning, thanks for taking the time to do this. I searched for the word 'Ink' before posting this and the search came up with nothing. Must have searched in the wrong way I guess :) Apologies

Back
Top Bottom