Iodine and Potassium Iodide

There seems to be two possible approaches when it comes to mixing iodine with lipid. In one version, you can mix it with unsaturated lipids, such as vegetable oils. In another version, you can mix it with saturated lipids, such as mineral oil. Both versions have their proponents with different reason why one version is better than the other, but without proper experiments we cannot know what is the best approach.

Here is the first version:

And the second version, which also has a recipe:

I did some experiments with taking iodine with lipids. I tried sunflower oil, rich in linoleic acid, coconut oil, rich in lauric acid, and high-oleic sunflower oil, rich in oleic acid. And there seem to be a difference when I take it with high-oleic sunflower oil. I feel like my glands under my chin are swollen, which is something that used to happen when I was just starting taking iodine, several years ago, after the first two-week period from the start of the protocol. But now it starts immediately, on the first day, even though I was taking iodine quite some time before this with other oils.

Last November, I also had the same experience, which surprised me because I was not trying to experiment with iodine and oils, I was just taking some olive oil with my salad on the same day that I was taking iodine. I felt a stiff neck, which I know is a standard iodine detox symptom, but it wasn't happening in the days before I took olive oil.

I was actually expecting to feel something with either linoleic or lauric acid, not oleic, which is why I took it last. But I felt nothing with the other two oils.

There is this study that confirms my experience that there is a difference between different oils, and in that case oleic acid oil was also better than linoleic, but unfortunately there is no comparison between any iodized oil and standard Lugol.

I am aware of studies where it was shown that olive oil improves absorption of things like lycopene, but I never thought about trying it for iodine.

Back
Top Bottom