Iran and Venezuela strike Alliance

Ryan

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
The world seems to be polarizing - those who submit to US imperial might, and those who don't (or at least, pretend not to).

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=11909

Al Jazeera said:
Iran, Venezuela strike alliance

7/29/2006 5:40:00 PM GMT

Speaking to reporters following an official ceremony welcoming his arrival in Tehran, the Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez stressed Saturday that Venezuela would always stand beside Iran under any circumstances.

"I stress herewith that, under whatever circumstances, we will always stand beside the Iranian nation. History has shown that as long as we stay united, we can remain resistant and defeat imperialism," Chavez said in a joint press conference with his Iranian counterpart Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

President Chavez arrived Saturday afternoon in Tehran at the head of a high-ranking political and economic delegation, in a visit aimed at discussing bilateral, regional and international relations between the two countries.

This is President Chavez's fifth visit to Iran during his Presidential term. He is expected to hold talks with high-ranking Iranian officials during his three -day visit to the Islamic Republic.

The Venezuelan President and his entourage including Oil Minister Rafael Ramirez were greeted by the Iranian Minister of Industries and Mines Ali-Reza Tahmasbi.

Calling President Ahmadinejad "my brother", Chavez stated that several oil contracts would be signed between Iranian and Venezuelan companies during his visit.

Ahmadinejad on the other hand hailed his Venezuelan counterpart's decisive stance" against Washington, noting that having him in Iran was "like a meeting between two brothers and comrades."

On Sunday, Iranian President will hand Mr. Chavez the "High Medal of the Islamic Republic of Iran" for his contribution to improving bilateral ties between the two countries in recent years.

"Mr Chavez is very close to Iran due to his revolutionary standpoints and also the two countries of Iran and Venezuela have various common points on regional and global issues," Ahmadinejad said.

"We therefore consider the progress of Venezuela like our own progress," he added.

Chavez is also expected to inaugurate Venezuelan embassy building in Tehran.

Iran and Venezuela have joined forces with the aim of undermining the U.S. currency.

Last year, President Hugo Chavez announced that Venezuela was planning to move its foreign-exchange holdings out of the dollar and into the euro, calling for the creation of a South American central bank that would hold all foreign-exchange holdings of the participating countries in euros, dealing a major blow to the once strong U.S. Dollar.

Also Iran unveiled plans of opening an Iranian Oil Bourse in March expected to challenge NYMEX (the New York Mercantile Exchange) and IPE (London's International Petroleum Exchange).

I am fond of both these presidents, so far they seem (to me) as not being psychopaths. I hope they are honest and that their sentiments towards each other are honest too. The world needs nations ruled by normal people to join forces and stand against the pathocrats.

But then again this is reported by Al Jazeera... It's pretty hard to tell with certainty about anyone and anything these days.

I'd like to think Chavez and Ahmadinejad are really good guys, that they're doing what they believe is best for their people, and that they truly do wish to resist "imperialism". But i think they're just doing what their told, the C's mention that there's already one world gov't and they're just waiting to make it "official". I agree, and think that Chavez and Ahmadinejad are merely playing their part. I suppose they're in the role of the "good guys", we shall see what happens when they make the NWO bit official.

So many twists and turns, life on BBM is like a really long novel.

Have you guys seen "The Revolution will not be televised"? I've been watching this and paying close attention to how Chavez and his cabinet behave, how they talk, how the move, touch each other, etc. I had really strong feeling those people are much more "real" and "human" than most of these talking heads I see in European/US TV. Of course, that may be due to completely different culture and and nature of South American people, but heck - I'd love to have such politicians here in Poland.

Back
Top Bottom