Is it too late to start a university degree? And is there any point?

Well... that post was made (almost) 8 years ago. I chose to carve out a path, which unexpectedly turned out better than I originally anticipated!
I’ve just finished reading this thread as it came up in my feed when someone had recently posted.
It’s so awesome to realise the path you have carved out for yourself in the last few years.
Personally I look forward to listening to objective health and often find that the information you present is easy to digest and interesting. Listening to the podcast lead me to your YouTube site and I have shared a few things with my own clients and bought Thiamine from the website.
So kudos to you Keyhole. Your success is an inspiration!

Well... that post was made (almost) 8 years ago. I chose to carve out a path, which unexpectedly turned out better than I originally anticipated!
To be more specific they probably would of said … That’s open…and you filled that openness with experience and hopefully wisdom

Keyhole:
Please indulge me to talk about my experience briefly and hopefully it can apply to you
I enjoy the job I have now.
The previous owners were very difficult to work for.
I outlasted them.
They took the money and ran.
They really wanted me fired all the time it was really frustrating and hard to work for them but they didn't fire me because I did a good job but I was very miserable but well guess what I'd eye out lasted them under the new orders I just thrive I always do it really my best and that's usually a good job and I dedicate myself to be efficient and organized..
Even better I get to talk and interact with the public joking and laughing and it's wonderful because previously anybody who talked to customers got scolded and threatened to be fired
In fact I was fired once over a wrench incident but I talked them out of it and thankfully the person returned the wrench the next day.
The thing that I would like to do is have more time to study and work on my music and things like that but I can't do that right now I have to wait maybe a couple months or longer because I have to take into some practical considerations
Of course there is the social aspect that I really enjoy, however I'm willing to give that up if I can focus on certain things and come to understand greater truth.
Regarding your post Keyhole, I was surprised to hear that you work a job like that, because you're so talented and have so much knowledge about health--it just sort of it really surprised me.
I would have thought that you would have been in the alternative healthcare field of some kind certainly have tremendous talent in that area it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult for you to go in that direction either.
Everybody here said it best although I didn't read all the posts and that's to do what you love and also engage the part of yourself that doesn't always want to do the things that is are needed-- but to do so in such a way that to engage them and to find out what those deeper parts enjoy doing, integrating into a larger plan.

Personally I would definitely recommend changing jobs as it doesn't sound like there's anything interesting in that job. i
It's from my point of view and I doubt you really like that job either.

Keyhole I bet you know more about Psychology then most.
At this point I'd say get creative.
I recommend studying in a specific area and then writing about it.
You could co-author with someone who has a degree to then publish.
I once strarted a meetup; and I drove into town and would just sit and listen to whoever wanted to show up.
And then from there we would say, " OK how many people can we work here to solve this problem, can you organize this so that you can watch these special needs kids (thats one example) while they can do this and do this and just sort of create a systematic approach to solving problems within a community.
And I just was so happy doing it, I really was.
Sometimes no-one showed up, but I was ok with that. Maybe I was being egoistic, but I knew that I really needed someone to show up when I was younger-so I was being committed and giving back.
I just mostly just liked to sit and listen to people and just see what and who shows up, and what happens.
And it really got me through a lot of difficult times doing this to tell you the truth.
One of the conditions that I set for myself in my meetings that I set up, was that I was gonna tell the truth about things, reality, as best I could.
So because other people would say "well you're not gonna get very many people talking about ponerology"---
but you know I don't care I'm going to talk about it.

Hello all, I am posting on this section because I could not find any other section more relevant, as this is one of the things that has been on my mind for a few days.

Last month I started working in a warehouse full time on the night shift which is 10pm until 6am (they could not offer any other shift). The job basically consists of moving up and down aisles scanning different items with a handhold RF scanning device. This device is hooked up to WiFi, is with me at all times and it is starting to give me headaches. It has only been three weeks and I am already starting to feel the effects, I feel like I can no longer think and i am not using my brain.

My original idea was never to study at university, I went backpacking instead. Here was the time that I started to read The Wave books and after reading the series and some other books on the reading list, I interpreted the 'Wave' as a sort of 'get out' from ordinary life.

Everything was planned in my mind- I would have an average warehouse job, I would read my books, Work as much as I was able and not bother making any long term plans because soon enough we may be faced with comets, an ice age and any other form of cataclysmic activity - "Live for the moment"! I am now starting to question the way I had previously thought... Perhaps if these things on planet earth don't happen as soon as I have expected - Will I still be working in a warehouse? It is almost as if I have lost all motivation to plan ahead for anything.

After reading some of the psychology books, I have been considering studying Psychology at degree level from home with the 'Open University'.
One 'I' is saying that I SHOULD do the degree because of how much it interests me and that I could actually HELP people, it is a formal qualification which may provide a true career opportunity where I can incorporate my own Work into this.
Yet another 'I' is saying that there is no point studying at university because soon enough everything will collapse, people will die and what I should be doing is preparing in every way that I can - NOT planning ahead for the future.

The C's have said that there is not one set future, but that there are infinite possibilities. It feels like I am in 'No-mans land' unsure where to go from here. Is it worth dedicating three years+ to a university course when "something wicked this way comes"? Has anyone else had similar feelings with regards to lacking motivation or been in a similar situation?
I think something @ark wrote a while ago MAY be relevant.
FORGET "I should", forget it all. Replace it by "I LOVE TO DO..." and skip completely the TIME issue. If you need five lives to accomplish what you WANT, let this be the first of those five. And then, without any "time obligation" or "should stressing" - start it.
First step fist. And ENJOY it. and LOVE yourself - take care of yourself. This is the only thing the the Universe (God?) wants from you, I think.
btw, exposing yourself on a midnight shift to continuous wifi is not taking care of yourself, maybe?
I know I worked all through school on night shift 3 nights a week and gained 4 pounds and damaged my health. The night shift is bad enough, never mind adding on the wifi!!
All the best Keyhole. You'll make the right decision.

oops I just saw that Chu responded with that quote. :thup:
oh I really missed the date here. Obviously you have moved on, and thank you for doing se and thanks for the Thiavite and ThiaMax!!

Last edited:
Regarding your post Keyhole, I was surprised to hear that you work a job like that, because you're so talented and have so much knowledge about health--it just sort of it really surprised me.
Hi Nathancat7,
This thread was started by Keyhole a number of years ago and it chronicles his journey to the health professional that he is today. It’s an inspiring story. Thus the thread itself now functions as a resource for others, most recently myself.

I think when I made a comment here I should have linked it to my own The Swamp thread rather than posting it here. This would have saved confusing other forum members.

Hi Nathancat7,
This thread was started by Keyhole a number of years ago and it chronicles his journey to the health professional that he is today. It’s an inspiring story. Thus the thread itself now functions as a resource for others, most recently myself.

I think when I made a comment here I should have linked it to my own The Swamp thread rather than posting it here. This would have saved confusing other forum members.
Yes I remembered this thread after posting again.
Still it's very helpful for me.
In organizing my and prioritizing things.

Back
Top Bottom