Is it too late to start a university degree? And is there any point?

The tonal balance in the audio is off. High frequencies are too much and there is little midbass content, giving it a fatiguing, "shouty" and far away sound. I want to turn it down because it sounds too loud but I want to turn it up because it's not very clear. Part of this comes from the sound reflections in the room. When you stop speaking I can hear that your room has a long sound decay time. If you meet with clients in this room it would also be nicer for them if there was something in the room for sound damping. Thick soft curtains help. You can even hang curtains over the wall without windows. These curtain rods are very easy to install:

https://smile.amazon.com/Eclipse-Di...548838750&sr=8-4&keywords=eclipse+curtain+rod

Towels (even worn out ones) are some of the best sound absorbing material but may need some DIY to look presentable:

Another thing that might help is recording at an angle to the back wall so that the sound doesn't reflect directly back from the rear wall. Too much early reflection can cause major issues with speech legibility.

Another approach which helps is to simply block the microphone from picking up room reflections from the sides and back. A tried and true method is to simply use a clip-on microphone (Lavalier microphone) on your collar or shirt buttons. Your body will block a large part of the reflections. This is a good affordable microphone with very even frequency response:

Clippy Mono EM172 Microphone - micbooster.com

I'm watching your new video on Thiamine. In this case it's not quite as shouty, but the room reflections still give it a closed in, stuffy room feel. Furthermore, there is a low frequency boost in your voice, which gives it a droning quality, almost as if there is a dubstep performer trolling you in the background (alternatively there is the impression that your head is up against someone's chest while they are speaking). I think this could be improved by reducing bass in post, but it is not a perfect solution because the bass is helping balance out the high end and reflections. Ideally everyone would have their own microphones but I guess that is probably not a practical possibility. I'm not a professional, so I might not have the best advice, but I can at least describe what I think is wrong and what I think might fix it.

Also the video cuts off before the end.

Keyhole; The video on The Importance of Vitamin B1 was really really informational. Thank you so much.
Getting to the part of food preparation, with my pen in hand, you were suddenly cut off. As I'm a tea lover I think this is really up my street and was wondering if in the UK you have personally found a good brand to recommend. The three of you really provided a relaxed and professional presentation. Thank you again

Yeah, it cuts off right where you are making a recommendation about how to cook pork.

The original upload posted on SoTT was 45m12s long. I checked a couple of days ago after seeing this comment and it was fine and played until the end. Today I was informed that it also cuts off. Strangely enough, it is now the same length as the one uploaded by Keyhole.

So one question is, Keyhole, did you download the vid and then reupload to your channel? Do your remember the original length it was? And what file name you used?

It seems strange to me that YT would cut out the last three minutes yet it must be the case. I don't know why they did that and I don't think there is anyway to fix it without re-uploading the video. I'm gonna give it few days in case it is just some glitch but it's pretty bizarre.

The original upload posted on SoTT was 45m12s long. I checked a couple of days ago after seeing this comment and it was fine and played until the end. Today I was informed that it also cuts off. Strangely enough, it is now the same length as the one uploaded by Keyhole.

So one question is, Keyhole, did you download the vid and then reupload to your channel? Do your remember the original length it was? And what file name you used?

It seems strange to me that YT would cut out the last three minutes yet it must be the case. I don't know why they did that and I don't think there is anyway to fix it without re-uploading the video. I'm gonna give it few days in case it is just some glitch but it's pretty bizarre.
I used a standard online video converter to extract the MP4 file, and then simply uploaded it back up to youtube. I don't remember the original length, although I'm fairly sure it hasn't changed because people commented that it was short soon after it was uploaded.

I have no idea why it would have had an effect on the original SOTT video :huh:

I have no idea why it would have had an effect on the original SOTT video :huh:

I don't think it did, or at least shouldn't since they are separate accounts. Just found it curious that it seemed to have happened shortly after.

Having watched Keyhole's video on Vitamin BI and all the information he gave I feel that I may not be getting the best benefit from my food. I have two meals a day consisting of beef, lamb, pork, green veg ,eggs and butter. However I am beginning to get muscle wastage. I think I need to take Thiamin, B6 and Magnesium. I take Magnesium Malate before sleep as recommended by Laura. On Amazon I am quite confused by the various Magnesiums i.e. citrate, glycinate, Threonate. If anyone could advise me on which Keyhole is referring to I would be very grateful.

Keyhole i would like to share this doubt about oxalates. To use almond oil in the body and some veggies as beetroot as a result of fermented process,could increase the level of oxalates in the organism? Thank you very much in advance for your answer and i have to tell you also that i feel really happy for you for all these years since 2014 you were/are working really hard to reach your goals.:hug2:

Having watched Keyhole's video on Vitamin BI and all the information he gave I feel that I may not be getting the best benefit from my food. I have two meals a day consisting of beef, lamb, pork, green veg ,eggs and butter. However I am beginning to get muscle wastage. I think I need to take Thiamin, B6 and Magnesium. I take Magnesium Malate before sleep as recommended by Laura. On Amazon I am quite confused by the various Magnesiums i.e. citrate, glycinate, Threonate. If anyone could advise me on which Keyhole is referring to I would be very grateful.

This following list should help, it is from Maria Emmerich's book Keto: The Complete Guide to Success on The Ketogenic Diet. It basically depends on what issues you're dealing with, for instance if you have problems with oxalates, then magnesium citrate would be the best choice.

Following are the different types of magnesium so you can choose the one
that is best for you:
Magnesium citrate: A mid-level form that will loosen stools.
Magnesium glycinate: A calming and very absorbable form. Also helps
lessen nerve pain.
Magnesium L-threonate: An especially good form for brain function and
cognition (for people with Alzheimer’s disease and similar conditions).
Magnesium malate: An energizing form that helps with cellular energy.
Magnesium oxide: Not absorbable and will cause loose stools; a strong
laxative.
Magnesium orotate: Helps supports heart health.
Magnesium sulfate (also known as Epsom salts): Good for gastric issues or
leaky gut syndrome when added to a cold foot soak at night. Also helps
soothe sore muscles.
Magnesium taurate: Helps support heart health and promotes calmness.

This following list should help, it is from Maria Emmerich's book Keto: The Complete Guide to Success on The Ketogenic Diet. It basically depends on what issues you're dealing with, for instance if you have problems with oxalates, then magnesium citrate would be the best choice.

Anthony.
Thank you very much for that valuable information. Explains everything for me. I'm very grateful as I think I'm dealing with a few problems. Aren't we all. Thanks again.

Keyhole; The video on The Importance of Vitamin B1 was really really informational. Thank you so much. Getting to the part of food preparation, with my pen in hand, you were suddenly cut off. As I'm a tea lover I think this is really up my street and was wondering if in the UK you have personally found a good brand to recommend. The three of you really provided a relaxed and professional presentation. Thank you again
A good brand of thiamine? I would go for the lipothiamine or allithiamine made by cardiovascular research ltd, or ecological formulas ltd. Unfortunately, it will need to come from ebay, or you will need to ship it from the US - which can drive import fees. I am looking into other alternatives to see if it will be possible to distrubute from the UK, though. So there may be a UK supplier in the future!

Yeah, it cuts off right where you are making a recommendation about how to cook pork. Is it better to fry or bake it?
I think it is generally better to cook anything in the oven, rather than frying it. The high temperatures are pretty detrimental for nutrients in food, and the temperature in the oven is not likely to reach the heat that you would get from a hot pan. However, this does NOT mean that I recommend oven cooking steaks :evil: - they should be barbecued or fried.

If you experience muscle wasting, you may do well to add in a third meal or properly track your calories through an online calorie calculator. It is easy to under eat on low carb/keto.

Are you sure Malate was recommended before sleep? Because Malate is a chelate with malic acid, which is a component of the Kreb's cycle in energy production, and is usually used to give someone energy.

The various forms of magnesium are basically elemental magnesium bound with a nutrient of some kind. Malate, as I said above is usually used to battle fatigue. Citrate provides citric acid, but can also be used as a laxative. Threonate is usually used to get magnesium into the central nervous system, whereas glycinate is calming and also has an inhibitory effect on the nervous system. The one to avoid is magnesium oxide, because of its poor bioavailability. Glycinate, threonate, or malate are generally the best absorbed.

Keyhole i would like to share this doubt about oxalates. To use almond oil in the body and some veggies as beetroot as a result of fermented process,could increase the level of oxalates in the organism? Thank you very much in advance for your answer and i have to tell you also that i feel really happy for you for all these years since 2014 you were/are working really hard to reach your goals.:hug2:
Almond oil is likely not an issue since oxalic acid is very low in oils. In general, I would not be too concerned about eating beetroot in small quantities as long as its not at every meal, or excessive amounts. People who are sick should do their best to avoid excess oxalates, because they are practically universally detrimental for someone with leaky gut, autoimmunity, etc. This does not mean completely cutting all oxalate containing foods out 100%, but rather limiting them, and definitely NOT using things like almond flour or amaranth etc.

Back
Top Bottom