Is Metacafe propaganda and disinfo ?

newuser23

Padawan Learner
I have been wondering about Metacafe dot com site.

It says that metacafe is headquartered in Israel.
"Metacafe headquarters in Israel"
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/277778/metacafe_tornado/

Metacafe has offices in Palo Alto, California and Tel-Aviv, Israel. The company is privately held with funding from Accel Partners and Benchmark Capital.

http://www.metacafe.com/aboutUs/

With no advertising revenues, to speak of, millions of viewers and offices in US and Israel.
A person has to wonder, how do they make a profit.
Bandwidth fees must be huge.

Most likely they do not have to make a profit.

A site who's purpose is to generate propaganda.

I also found this:

http://forums.metacafe.com//index.php?s=3e5d69ad8f7fcc66b47f83cd2e56c67c&showtopic=549#

You're on to me!! I'm behind a great conspiracy headed by the Metacafe management to overthrow all goverments and spread our videos everywhere - and you'll be the first victim!!!

maybe he is telling a complete lie 33%
maybe he is telling a partial truth 33%
maybe he is telling the whole truth 33%

But where does he get this
"You're on to me!! I'm behind a great conspiracy headed by the "Metacafe management" to overthrow all goverments and spread our videos everywhere - and you'll be the first victim!!!

If we change "metacafe management" to Zionists.

This does sound an awful lot like "Controversy of Zion" by Douglas Reed.
http://knud.eriksen.adr.dk/Controversybook/

Douglas names many high placed individuals throughout history who have talked about
a great conspiracy headed by zionists to overthrow all governments.

ShamanSam said:
I have been wondering about Metacafe dot com site.

It says that metacafe is headquartered in Israel.
"Metacafe headquarters in Israel"
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/277778/metacafe_tornado/

Metacafe has offices in Palo Alto, California and Tel-Aviv, Israel. The company is privately held with funding from Accel Partners and Benchmark Capital.
What is curious is the following from their website:
++++
Metacafe, Inc.
428 University St.
Palo Alto CA, 94301
++++

There is no University St. in Palo Alto (there is University Ave however). Strange the address would be wrong on their own website.

domivr said:
What is curious is the following from their website:
++++
Metacafe, Inc.
428 University St.
Palo Alto CA, 94301
++++

There is no University St. in Palo Alto (there is University Ave however). Strange the address would be wrong on their own website.
428 University Ave is the address for Accel Partners, a venture capital firm (http://www.accel.com/)
I checked the directory on the keypad at the front door, and there is no mention of Metacafe. Also the Accel Partners website does not list them as a company they are investing in. However, the Metacafe website does state the following:

The company is privately held with funding from Accel Partners and Benchmark Capital.
Added: The following press release confirms the Benchmark/Accel funding: http://www.benchmark.com/news/israel/2006/07_05_2006.php

Just checked the Metacafe website again for the address and now it is:

By mail: Daniel Sevitt

Metacafe, Inc.
537 Hamilton Avenue
Palo Alto CA, 94301
By fax: 1 650 644 0453
By email: CR-agent@metacafe.com

Do you think they're reading this website? ;-)

The propery referenced on Hamilton is this one here: http://www.naibtcommercial.com/property_detail.asp?id=U82962

I will check it out...

Added:
-------
No trace of Metacafe at 537 Hamilton Ave. Lunar Design (product design) is there. It is interesting that a search engine lookup of above mentioned Mr. Sevitt brings up a person with the same name employed at AmDocs.

How fantastic! My very own conspiracy theory. I've always wondered how these things get started.

OK, now I'm going to write some things that are 100% true. The great thing is that for once I'll know they're 100% true because I'm the one writing them. Then I'm going to watch while you try to decide how much I'm lying. This is going to be fun.

1. Metacafe was founded in Israel.
2. Benchmark invested in Metacafe.
3. In a later round of investment, Accel invested in Metacafe.
4. Metacafe opened an office in Palo Alto.
5. Metacafe's staff started working out of Accel's office in University Ave, Palo Alto.
6. The Metacafe site made a mistake and called it University St.
7. Metacafe now has enough US staff to have moved ofices to Hamilton Ave.
8. I live in Israel.
9. I have lived here for over 10 years.
10. I used to work at Amdocs in corporate training.
11. Now I work at Metacafe.
12. My favourite Beatle is John.
13. My favourite movie is Miller's Crossing.

Is this stuff really interesting to you guys?

All the facts listed above are true and verifiable. They are not secret.

I would like to invite you to upload your video content to Metacafe. We do not have an editorial team (either in Israel or in the US). At Metacafe, the community of users (17 million uniques per month) ranks items and determines whether or not they receive wider distribution.

Thanks for your time. I can't wait to read the responses.

daniel said:
How fantastic! My very own conspiracy theory. I've always wondered how these things get started.
Actually, 'conspiracy theories' usually get 'started' when the official, or governmental, version of any event differs from the actual facts of that event - the facts on the ground, so to speak. Now, let's see, daniel, how does that apply to what you've written here?

daniel said:
8. I live in Israel.
9. I have lived here for over 10 years.
10. I used to work at Amdocs in corporate training.
11. Now I work at Metacafe.
12. My favourite Beatle is John.
13. My favourite movie is Miller's Crossing.

Not really, seems pretty interesting to you though.

But, maybe that's just me....

Now, let's see, daniel, how does that apply to what you've written here?
Sorry? I don't understand what you're saying?

You misunderstood me. Was it on purpose? The reason I asked whether a list of innocent details was interesting was because the last post said:

It is interesting that a search engine lookup of above mentioned Mr. Sevitt brings up a person with the same name employed at AmDocs.
I was already being sarcastic. Sorry if you missed it. It was two parts flattering to one part creepy that someone was so interested in Metacafe that they Googled to see if I really existed and then slotted my previous place of employment into a pre-existing theory about 9/11 and world domination.

Is there anything else I can help you with? I notice looking around your site that some of your members write a lot about Israel. I live here, perhaps I could help you with some of your questions?

daniel said:
Is there anything else I can help you with? I notice looking around your site that some of your members write a lot about Israel. I live here, perhaps I could help you with some of your questions?
Perhaps you can relate to us whatever information you have on the use of AMDOCS technology for funneling information to Israel? Any personal experience? Any 'friends' involved in the activities? Did you know Ophir Baer, one of the Israeli 'art students' who was caught spying on military/gov buildings in the States? Or any other AMDOCS-related individuals posing as art students?

Were you involved, or have any interactions, with the Israeli mafia who was using AMDOCS to alert their drug-dealers and con-men about information relating to the officers involved in their investigation? Were you, yourself, an "art student" in the US during 2001 or previously?

Hands Harrison a bright lamp to shine on Daniel, "Ask him where he was in 1962, I think he offed Marylin Monroe, and then was seen sometime later on the grassy nole. Or however you spell nole, what is a nole anyway?"

Hi Daniel

What is Metacafe?

A little note. Amdocs is a very well known hi-tech company in Israel. It has a huge QA and development department, so lot of computer oriented individuals went through it's doors. I personaly know several people that worked or work there (programmers, tech support, QA people) so the fact of him working there doesn't indicate that he is part of some conspiracy ;)

Keit said:
A little note. Amdocs is a very well known hi-tech company in Israel. It has a huge QA and development department, so lot of computer oriented individuals went through it's doors. I personaly know several people that worked or work there (programmers, tech support, QA people) so the fact of him working there doesn't indicate that he is part of some conspiracy ;)
Not one that they know about, at least. ;) You can't blame a guy for trying! :D

Oh, and atreides, FYI, I think nole is a member of Oasis, AFAIK.

hkoehli said:
Not one that they know about, at least. ;) You can't blame a guy for trying! :D.
Of course not ;) And I still wonder if the fact that someone doesn't oppose something, means that he is participating in it (including myself). There are lots of people who are ignorant by choice, because other options are much less comfortable. And I think that percentages of people with psychopathic tendencies are much higher then 6%, because those people accepted "rules of the game" because it's easier and it gives more pleasure moments. So one doesn't need to be a genetic (or any) psychopath to choose STS path of less resistance. I think we should be careful and avoid labeling...it just gives "them" free excuses.

daniel said:
Now, let's see, daniel, how does that apply to what you've written here?
Sorry? I don't understand what you're saying?

You misunderstood me. Was it on purpose? The reason I asked whether a list of innocent details was interesting was because the last post said:

It is interesting that a search engine lookup of above mentioned Mr. Sevitt brings up a person with the same name employed at AmDocs.
You have to understand I have a personal interest in last names and their origin.
Yes, I thought it was interesting that there was a person with the same name at Amdocs, which I knew to be an Israeli company. I figured this person was Israeli and jewish. I thought that it was interesting that Sevitt was a jewish last name.
Mind you, I realize that I have been jumping to conclusions and now I know that it was one and the same Daniel Sevitt at both companies.

daniel said:
I was already being sarcastic. Sorry if you missed it. It was two parts flattering to one part creepy that someone was so interested in Metacafe that they Googled to see if I really existed and then slotted my previous place of employment into a pre-existing theory about 9/11 and world domination.
You accuse me of connecting you to 9/11-etc when I did no such thing and you're the one making this connection.
You find it creepy that I looked into you and googled your name? You're listed as the only point of contact on the website, so doesn't it make sense that I would plug your name into a search engine?

daniel said:
Out of curiousity: How did you find this forum?
Since you appreciate indie movies: have you seen Zero Degrees of Seperation and what did you think of it.

daniel said:
I'm sorry, I must have missed something. What exactly did you help us with, that you would be offering further assistance?

hkoehli said:
daniel said:
Perhaps you can relate to us whatever information you have on the use of AMDOCS technology for funneling information to Israel? Any personal experience? Any 'friends' involved in the activities? Did you know Ophir Baer, one of the Israeli 'art students' who was caught spying on military/gov buildings in the States? Or any other AMDOCS-related individuals posing as art students?

Were you involved, or have any interactions, with the Israeli mafia who was using AMDOCS to alert their drug-dealers and con-men about information relating to the officers involved in their investigation? Were you, yourself, an "art student" in the US during 2001 or previously?
Oh no, no, no! You can't ask him that! His supervisors wouldn't allow it! It would give them the hebegeebees. They would literally have collective multiple 'intelligence' brain enurisms if that sort of information was to 'leek'...

Mr Daniel's 'brief' is to stay focused on distraction via ridicule and sarcam.

I'm sure he can handle that, but He's going to have get a lot better at it for it to work here. :D
I'll give him a 4/10 for trying. :D

Back
Top Bottom