Is spacetime an error-correcting quantum code?

I don't understand quantum computing very well, but If I understand the discussion on this thread, It's that the researchers came to their realization using an anti-de sitter model of the universe, when most modern physicist and cosmologists just assume that our universe is a de sitter universe, and hawking and others just state it as fact.

The "Hawking Bashing" and talk of black holes reminds me of Mathematician Steve Crothers giving a lecture at an electric universe conference. I do not understand a lot of the complicated math (he does present it in an easy to follow format), but basically he is saying that the current mainstream models in cosmology are mathematically mutually exclusive. He compares the big bang universe against the black hole universe, and they are mutually exclusive, they all can't be in the same universe. He also points out some general foundational mistakes in the math, and points out using just math does not mean its physics or reality.

At 2:35 he shows a graph on the incompatibility of universes.

That was stunningly refreshing. He put it out there. Certainly isn't afraid to be challenged by his peers.

That was stunningly refreshing. He put it out there. Certainly isn't afraid to be challenged by his peers.

I recall Wal Thornhill mentioning that no one has peer reviewed Steve Crothers on this issue. I looked around a little though.

Here is a wiki page doing the best job they can to discredit Crothers. It's mostly full of personal attacks, its an emotional slandering sideshow. Seems like academia is avoiding giving his work the peer review process. I am not sure how that process works, but one could guess they are avoiding it for a reason. The page is worth a quick look.

"The plethora of articles by the author (Stephen J. Crothers), which are largely identical, do not warrant serious contemplation by qualified scientists and mathematicians".

Stephen J. Crothers - RationalWiki

Here is Crothers Webpage:

General Relativity.

A quote from above page.

"My own experiences in academia for challenging "conventional wisdom" can be perused here. I was expelled from PhD candidature by the University of New South Wales. A professor of physics at UNSW (Professor Chris Hamer) even altered my work, and then claimed, on the basis of his alteration, that I was wrong."

Perhaps Crothers should have waited a bit longer before trying to upset the apple cart?

Here is a guy who apparently, has debunked Crothers claims. It is assumed that Mr C is Crothers.

Gerard t Hooft, Strange Misconceptions of General Relativity

All the science and math is above my head, but I smell rotten fish.

Back
Top Bottom