Is there an FOTCM version of saying grace before meals?

That's the same one I grew up with. I think it is short, simple and universal and I doubt there is anything better.
I just got a new version from Higher Self ("Source")
I have no idea where inspiration comes from only that it is very insistent! Also picky about spelling/grammar like my old bosses. I do not pretend to be the author of some of this stuff, I am the human receiver.

(start)Suggested Blessing: (Keep it universal, neutral & loving)

To what is to be consumed: Thank you for giving me your Life Force so that I can sustain my body here & now.
To Source: Thank you for bringing this nourishment to me here & now. (end)

Personal comment: word choice less important that tone/frequency/vibration. Only requirement: Feel love. What do you love? Feel that for the food. Say thanks. Eat. Enjoy. Personally, I find doing this results in better digestion.

I also get that C's have something to say. Some message coming through soon.

Aviva in Akko....

I just got a new version from Higher Self ("Source")
I have no idea where inspiration comes from only that it is very insistent! Also picky about spelling/grammar like my old bosses. I do not pretend to be the author of some of this stuff, I am the human receiver.
Who said it was from the Higher Self? Did 'it' tell you that it was from the Higher Self or did you decide that to be so? If it was you deciding so, was it based on a feeling or?

Have you read anything about spirit releasement therapy or after death experiences or Carl Wickland's book "Thirty years among the dead"? I am asking as what you call 'it' might just be some attachment or dead dude which you feel to be some higher source, but in essence just is a parasite which manipulates your feelings and thoughts to some extent. It is a very common phenomena from what I understand from reading about these things and from what you wrote above, this had a similar flavour to it.

Who said it was from the Higher Self? Did 'it' tell you that it was from the Higher Self or did you decide that to be so? If it was you deciding so, was it based on a feeling or?
I had a similar question, the prayer suggested seems harmless enough but this "Source" wasn't clear to me at all either and I am also curious about it and the interaction it seems to have.

Have you read anything about spirit releasement therapy or after death experiences or Carl Wickland's book "Thirty years among the dead"? I am asking as what you call 'it' might just be some attachment or dead dude which you feel to be some higher source, but in essence just is a parasite which manipulates your feelings and thoughts to some extent. It is a very common phenomena from what I understand from reading about these things and from what you wrote above, this had a similar flavour to it.
I say it is from my own Higher Self. I don't care what anybody else does, far far be it from me to judge, I mean that sincerely. Have not read that particular book, why should I? I am not hearing voices, if that's what you are asking.

I came up with this after thinking about plants, veganism and consciousness.

This guy: Cleve Backster Talked to Plants. And They Talked Back.

Take what you want, Aeneas, leave the rest.

Blessings from Akko

I think, avivalevy3, what Aeneas was trying to get across to you is that what you say is your own Higher Self, may not be your Higher Self. It could be anything from an attachment to an STS entity. They do impersonate the good guys in order to get people to do what they want them to do.

Your reply to Aeneas is a bit rude. It seems he hit a nerve.
Have not read that particular book, why should I? I am not hearing voices, if that's what you are asking.
Because we are all about obtaining knowledge here. And, I don't think "hearing voices" has anything to do with Aeneas' recommendation.

We hold knowledge to be much more valuable than intuition here on the forum. Although intuition when based in knowledge can be helpful. Aeneas was just giving you the name of a book that would help to give you some knowledge.

Not intended as rude, but you know we Israelis do not sugarcoat. It did not hit a nerve for me. I answered the question to the best of my ability. I constantly look at the source of my Source. STS does not feel like what I call my own Higher Source. The doubt here is not mine.

Peace & Shabbat Shalom from Akko

Not intended as rude, but you know we Israelis do not sugarcoat. It did not hit a nerve for me. I answered the question to the best of my ability. I constantly look at the source of my Source. STS does not feel like what I call my own Higher Source. The doubt here is not mine.

Peace & Shabbat Shalom from Akko

You may not have intended your reply to come across as rude but it does read that way. Doesn't mean you have to sugarcoat what you want to say. We only ask that you take into consideration how others might read what you write and take steps to say what you want with this in mind to avoid potentially coming across that way in the future to the best of your ability.

You say that STS doesn't feel like your source, but therein lies the issue. Our emotions and feelings can be manipulated. STS can wrap themselves in "love and light" to borrow a common phrasing in order to manipulate those they communicate with. If you think you're beyond or above their ability to manipulate, which I'm not saying you think your are, you've fallen into the trap of hubristic thinking and that is how many fall prey to STS influence.

We are all susceptible to such manipulations. This is why knowledge of how we can be manipulated is important, hence the book recommendation, and why we must network about these types of things to keep our perceptions in check. Networking and knowledge are the only sure fire way to ensure one is protected from the kinds of influence STS and even dead dudes are capable of.

I forget the prayer my family said at dinner... will try to remember or ask a family member. I was raised Catholic.

But as the one of three boys in my family, this was the spirit of the prayer that came to mind:

"Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, those that eat the fastest eat the most!"

Seriously though, maybe on Sunday I'll sit and write out what I would like to say for grace.

Another one I like to break out in a mixed (religious, non-religious) group setting is:

"Rub-a-dub-dub; thanks for the grub; yaaaaaaaahhhhhhh GOD!". Make sure to draw out the "yah" and look around expectantly like everyone should know that "god" is the next upcoming word.

Short, silly, easy to remember, broadly acceptable, and usually found to be humorous.

On a more serious note, I usually just internally thank DCM for sustenance. Thanking DCM for the 'bread of life' in the face of looming food shortages probably is a helpful signal, showing that we are indeed appreciative of food rather than the general modus operandi of expecting cheap plentiful meals on demand. Thanks for bringing this thread up!

I think what I bolded above is what is trying to be conveyed to you, that perhaps some doubt would be indeed beneficial and protective, if your source is not STS, then some discernment could only strengthen the connection, if this connection is based on truth.

But healthy skepticism can only protect you from falling in by deception. Remember not all that glitters is gold, but by the same token, gold would withstand the test to verify its metal.

That's the same one I grew up with. I think it is short, simple and universal and I doubt there is anything better.
A Latin version:
Benedic, Domine, nos et haec tua dona quae de tua largitate sumus sumpturi, per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.

Bless us, O Lord, and these Thy gifts which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
The soource is https://www.prayinglatin.com/prayers-for-meals which writes:
The following two prayers are designated for laity and are derived from the full prayers in the Breviary that date back to at least the 9th century but are likely of a considerably earlier origin as they are similar to prayers found during the 4th century. These prayers are to be said aloud before after after each meal and are to be led by the head of the table.
They also mention a prayer to be used after the meal. This version remembers the departed, which is not found everywhere, While the prayers contain the element of gratitude, the add-ons may differ.
Agimus tibi gratias, omnipotens Deus, pro universis beneficiis tuis, qui vivis et regnas in saecula saeculorum. Fidelium animae, per misericordiam Dei, requiescant in pace. Amen.

We give Thee thanks for all Thy benefits, O Almighty God, Who livest and reignest forever. And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
On the web page, there is a well known image of the last supper, which according to the traditions of the Church was instituted on Maundy Thursday, the Thursday before Easter Sunday, which in Russian is "Великий четверг" (Great Thursday) but is celebrated later in most instances, due to the Julian Calendar being different than the Gregorian, though there are exceptions where they do match.
1649886222056.png

Back
Top Bottom