Israelis find miracle treatment for killer cancer

Esprit

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
Medical researchers say they have developed a special molecule that could revolutionize the treatment of pancreatic cancer and vastly improve the odds of survival for those diagnosed with the disease. "America's Lawyer" contributor Mollye Barrows joins Rick Sanchez with the details.

It would be interesting to find more about this, would be nice if it happens to really work.

In comments below the YT video : Have they found a cure for warmongering yet?

Last edited:
At this point, I have my doubts. But maybe that's because I'm a little biased, since I'm in the middle of reading "From Yahweh to Zion"...

At this point, I have my doubts. But maybe that's because I'm a little biased, since I'm in the middle of reading "From Yahweh to Zion"...

I’m not sure if that is a valid argument - there are decent people in Israel just like everywhere else.

But I am guarded just like you, but maybe for slightly different reasons. Medical research is littered with ‘miracle cures’ that on closer scrutiny fell short of the hype (and also put that in context that medical research in general is quite corrupt) - so on balance the likelyhood that this is a breakthrough is not very big. Apart from the fact that curing cancer is ‘not a sustainable business model’, as Wall Street recently and openly declared.

But then again, not impossible - so for me it is a ’wait and see’.

I’m not sure if that is a valid argument - there are decent people in Israel just like everywhere else.

But I am guarded just like you, but maybe for slightly different reasons. Medical research is littered with ‘miracle cures’ that on closer scrutiny fell short of the hype (and also put that in context that medical research in general is quite corrupt) - so on balance the likelyhood that this is a breakthrough is not very big. Apart from the fact that curing cancer is ‘not a sustainable business model’, as Wall Street recently and openly declared.

But then again, not impossible - so for me it is a ’wait and see’.
I understand that it's not a valid argument, and yes there are decent people in Israel like everywhere else.

It's just the timing of that announcement. Israel is probably not looking very well in the eyes of many people around the world right now, with what's happening there politically, their treatment of the Palestinians, Netanyahu's corruption indictment, annexation of the West Bank, and so on. So what better way of changing people's perception of Israel if "Israelis find miracle treatment for killer cancer", especially when, as you said, "Apart from the fact that curing cancer is ‘not a sustainable business model’, as Wall Street recently and openly declared."

I'm probably wrong, and I admit, that it was just the first thought that came to me.

Also for me, it's a 'wait and see'.

I have noticed over the years, that every once in a while, you see stories of a possible breakthrough in the fight for cancer. Words like, 'shows great promise' are usually used. They will show people in lab coats working with fancy looking machines in fancy looking labs, and someone will be interviewed stating how this could be a game changer... Then nothing... You never hear of it again.

I think that they need to show this from time to time, to give the impression that they are working tirelessly to find a cure. Think of all the money that goes into cancer research. Have to justify it somehow. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom