Israel's reaction to latest UNSC resolution

seeker2seer

Jedi
FOTCM Member
I was watching MSM news (CNN) yesterday and the first 10 minutes was devoted to Israel's reaction to the U.S. abstaining on the latest UN Security Council resolution against Israel building Jewish settlements in the West Bank passed on Friday, Dec 23. What struck me was the almost at time threatening language used by Israeli officials against the U.S. and rest of the world. Netanyahu totally dismissed Obama and is dealing only with Trump. What concerns me is that there will be another "terrorist" attack in the U.S. to remind us of the danger of Islamic terrorism and how Israel is a strong ally in fighting it. This could provide Trump an "I told you so" moment about the perceived danger of Muslim immigration and increase the hatred against them. This would of course benefit Israel for further crackdowns on the Palestinians similar to what happened after 9/11. Does anyone else see this as a possible scenario or have similar thoughts?

Rhythmik said:
I'd like to know Obama's motive for abstaining from this resolution.

This article caught my attention:

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.761696

“Far too often, far too many American Jews are left to wonder whether Israel loves us as much as we love Israel,” said Kosgrove, echoing sentiments expressed by many of the other participants. “We see an Israel that does not recognize the Judaism we practice, an Israel that does not acknowledge the marriages or conversions of American rabbis, an Israel that has allowed the symbol of Jewish unity – the Kotel – to become ground zero for fanaticism and intolerance, an Israel that provides hundreds of millions of dollars to Orthodox institutions and none to non-Orthodox expressions of Jewish life, an Israel in which Conservative and Reform synagogues have been subjected to vandalism and an Israel that is entertaining legislation that would criminalize a woman wearing a tallit.”

Not saying that Obama's abstention had to do with this growing feeling of dissatisfaction and alienation, but maybe the Israeli lobby isn't so powerful as it once was?

seeker2seer said:
I was watching MSM news (CNN) yesterday and the first 10 minutes was devoted to Israel's reaction to the U.S. abstaining on the latest UN Security Council resolution against Israel building Jewish settlements in the West Bank passed on Friday, Dec 23. What struck me was the almost at time threatening language used by Israeli officials against the U.S. and rest of the world. Netanyahu totally dismissed Obama and is dealing only with Trump. What concerns me is that there will be another "terrorist" attack in the U.S. to remind us of the danger of Islamic terrorism and how Israel is a strong ally in fighting it. This could provide Trump an "I told you so" moment about the perceived danger of Muslim immigration and increase the hatred against them. This would of course benefit Israel for further crackdowns on the Palestinians similar to what happened after 9/11. Does anyone else see this as a possible scenario or have similar thoughts?

Since most of the power plays are done behind the scenes, it is hard to know what is the real motivations behind this. It does seem to fit with other recent events which seem to denote some power structures coming apart at the seams.

seeker2seer said:

Well, really Israel seems a little more desperated than normal lately. It is difficult to know why US have abstained. IMO would not be strange that Israel think (along with the PTB in US) that another big attack like 9/11 can create the suitable context to make US government again the protector that they used to be for several decades. If this will be the case I think that this time the matter could be a little different because people do not seems to be inclined to believe so easy about muslim terrorism (or maybe it is wishful thinking and I hope that). Moreover I wonder if an event like this can be the trigger to finally came to the light the man behind the curtain.

Also I was thinking about the ace under the sleeve of Russia. Maybe this can be the suitable moment to put it on the table.

Just a thoughts about all this...

Perhaps Obama's motivation is related to what was discussed in the session?
Session 10 December 2016.

(Joe) What you do is you create such a mess, you set a fire just before you leave, and then leave Trump to deal with it.

I've been wondering about this, too. Why are Obama and Kerry et.al. now suddenly, at least seemingly, making things more difficult for their Zionist buddies. The most plausible cause, IMO, is that this is just one of those "big shows" and "fun and games" in order to distract the masses. Because, as someone wrote, this UN resolution and "condemning words" will hardly change things on the ground - the Zionists will continue their activities as usual.

Of course, it's probably not Obama and Kerry that are doing this on their own initiative, since they are puppets who will do and say whatever their masters tell them. So, for some reason their masters wanted to poke and stir things up. Other reasons might include that this move is a revenge, reminder (of what we can do), making things difficult for Trump, or just to make the US administration appear more humanitarian (they perhaps want to appear more righteous in the history books after they leave office).

One last reason I come to think of, knowing that psychopaths aren't that smart and how they fall for wishful thinking: they might have childishly have thought that if they harass the Zios enough, they (eg Mossad) might "take care" of Trump. In this scenario, the strong defending words toward Israel by Trump would make sense; he knows that Mossad (with its deeper factions) is the number one black-op organization, that can assassinate almost anyone anywhere and anytime. In other words, he is doing damage control to save himself.

Aragorn said:
Of course, it's probably not Obama and Kerry that are doing this on their own initiative, since they are puppets who will do and say whatever their masters tell them. So, for some reason their masters wanted to poke and stir things up. Other reasons might include that this move is a revenge, reminder (of what we can do), making things difficult for Trump, or just to make the US administration appear more humanitarian (they perhaps want to appear more righteous in the history books after they leave office).

I thought about this as well after the recent UN resolution. I guess part of the reason for such a change in stance is that they want to give a good impression of their administration before leaving office (let's not forget though that they passed the anti-propaganda bill and waived restrictions on the sale of arms to terrorists) and use this opportunity to 'strike back' and have a small taste of revenge, but I always ask myself this: would they have done this had Clinton won the election? Likely not.

I'm leaning more towards the bolded remark above. It looks like they are really trying to screw things up as much as possible before January 20th and make it harder for Trump to move ahead with his plans and projects. Given all the things that have been happening in such a short timespan I wouldn't be surprised if we see even more such changes in the coming weeks.

It looks like Trump himself thinks Obama did this to make matters more difficult for him when he's in the office. Here's what he tweeted yesterday: "Doing my best to disregard the many inflammatory President O statements and roadblocks.Thought it was going to be a smooth transition - NOT!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/814110460761018368

Attachments

• IMG_0739.png
    IMG_0739.png
    154 KB · Views: 114
This is interesting timing given the UN resolution too. More hidden hands?

Source – The Independent:

Israel's Attorney General 'orders criminal investigation into Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu'

Allegations of bribery and fraud made against leader, according to reports

Israel's Attorney General has ordered a criminal investigation into Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, according to a TV channel in the country.

Channel 10 claimed Mr Netanyahu would be summoned to give evidence following a nine month police inquiry into two unspecified matters.

Police have reportedly been investigating allegations of bribery and fraud against Mr Netanyahu, The Times of Israel reported.

The accusations, believed to relate to alleged donations, have been dismissed by a spokesperson for the Israeli leader as "nonsense".

Mr Netanyahu has also been accused of wrongdoing in the purchase of submarines from Germany, where media have reported a potential conflict of interest involving his lawyer. The Prime Minister has denied the allegations.

Police declined to confirm or deny the Channel 10 report.

“When the time comes we will update authoritatively the status of the investigation,” the special investigations unit said in a statement.

Ant22 said:
It looks like Trump himself thinks Obama did this to make matters more difficult for him when he's in the office. Here's what he tweeted yesterday: "Doing my best to disregard the many inflammatory President O statements and roadblocks.Thought it was going to be a smooth transition - NOT!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/814110460761018368

That's rather embarrassing.

Is he that brittle?

I've been reading Jean Chretien's book "My Years as Prime Minister". He could learn from that, as low key as it is.

Israel threatening countries, will it actually have consequences? They sure are angry.

Netanyahu 'told New Zealand backing UN vote would be declaration of war
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/28/netanyahu-told-new-zealand-backing-un-vote-would-be-declaration-of-war

Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly told New Zealand’s foreign minister that support for a UN resolution condemning Israeli settlement-building in the occupied territories would be viewed as a “declaration of war”.

According to reports in Israeli media, the Israeli PM called Murray McCully, the foreign minister of New Zealand, before Friday’s resolution, which was co-sponsored by Wellington. Netanyahu told him: “This is a scandalous decision. I’m asking that you not support it and not promote it.

“If you continue to promote this resolution, from our point of view it will be a declaration of war. It will rupture the relations and there will be consequences. We’ll recall our ambassador [from New Zealand] to Jerusalem.”

McCully, however, refused to back down, telling Netanyahu: “This resolution conforms to our policy and we will move it forward.”

A western diplomat confirmed that the call took place and described the conversation as “harsh”.

The details of the call – disclosed in Haaretz – suggest a mounting sense of panic on the part of Netanyahu in the run-up to the UN security council resolution that passed on Friday demanding an end to settlement building.

As well as the Netanyahu call, a senior official in Israel’s foreign ministry called New Zealand’s ambassador to Israel, Jonathan Curr, and warned that if the resolution came to a vote, Israel might close its embassy in Wellington in protest.

Israel responded furiously to the vote, threatening diplomatic reprisals against the countries that voted in favour. Diplomatic ties with New Zealand were temporarily severed and ambassador Itzhak Gerberg was recalled.

But in a sign that the international pressure may be being felt by the Netanyahu administration, scheduled plans to consider for approval 600 new settlement houses in occupied east Jerusalem were abruptly removed from the agenda of the city’s municipality on Wednesday.

Netanyahu’s language and behaviour – which has resulted in ambassadors being reprimanded and consultations with foreign leaders, including the UK’s Theresa May, cancelled – has raised eyebrows among foreign diplomats, who point out that the UN resolution does no more than confirm the longstanding view of the international community on Jewish settlements.

Alada said:
This is interesting timing given the UN resolution too. More hidden hands?

Source – The Independent:

Israel's Attorney General 'orders criminal investigation into Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu'

Allegations of bribery and fraud made against leader, according to reports

Israel's Attorney General has ordered a criminal investigation into Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, according to a TV channel in the country.

Channel 10 claimed Mr Netanyahu would be summoned to give evidence following a nine month police inquiry into two unspecified matters.

Police have reportedly been investigating allegations of bribery and fraud against Mr Netanyahu, The Times of Israel reported.

The accusations, believed to relate to alleged donations, have been dismissed by a spokesperson for the Israeli leader as "nonsense".

Mr Netanyahu has also been accused of wrongdoing in the purchase of submarines from Germany, where media have reported a potential conflict of interest involving his lawyer. The Prime Minister has denied the allegations.

Police declined to confirm or deny the Channel 10 report.

“When the time comes we will update authoritatively the status of the investigation,” the special investigations unit said in a statement.

Also there may be more than one force in conflict in Israel. Netanyahu have enemies not only around the world but in his own country. Maybe some of them have seen an oportunity to strike Netanyahu where it hurts most: show his inability to "protect" Israel. Obama/Kerry and company are leaving the scene, that's why they can be doing a last favor to their jews "friends". So it is possible that ultimately all this mess about UN resolution and US letting go of Israel's hand, can be planned by Zionist forces that are fighting for power and saw an opportunity to destroy Netanyahu faction.

seeker2seer said:
Perhaps Obama's motivation is related to what was discussed in the session?
Session 10 December 2016.

(Joe) What you do is you create such a mess, you set a fire just before you leave, and then leave Trump to deal with it.

I wouldn't give too much significance to this event. Bush did more or less the same thing in the final days of his 2nd term. It seems like it's a tradition for an outgoing president to offer some sop to 'solving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict' right before they leave office, for their "legacy", even though throughout their term(s) they were unabashedly pro-Israel.

Bush demands end to Israeli 'occupation'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1575175/Bush-demands-end-to-Israeli-occupation.html
10 Jan 2008
George W Bush today called for the end to the Israeli "occupation" of the Palestinian territories, in language that marks a hardening of his stance towards one of the United States' closest allies.

bjorn said:
Israel threatening countries, will it actually have consequences? They sure are angry.

[...] has raised eyebrows among foreign diplomats, who point out that the UN resolution does no more than confirm the longstanding view of the international community on Jewish settlements. [/b]

This last line is very disingenuous from the Guardian. They're not "Jewish" settlements: they're Israeli.

Why are they not being taken to task on that overt wording?

Back
Top Bottom