Just a weird picture from a friend of my brother (what do you see?)

msante

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I just would like to share a photo that my brother sent me this morning. I have not any opinion about it, it is just an image but I think that at least it is funny. A friend of him is studing photography and the teacher asked her for make some macro pictures. She did it and sent to her teacher, but later she received call from her teacher and was asked her if she had payed attention to the image...
I put below the picture that she sent to my brother. Tell me what can you see please. If you do not see anything click on link below...

weird-image-orig.jpg

https://msante.vianetcon.com.ar/tmp/weird-image.jpg

Both links fetch this:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of msante.vianetcon.com.ar has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

I could see how someone's imagination might run wild with what you've circled but honestly I see nothing more than chipped paint shadowed behind the door.

Just looks like part of the structure to me, either the post coming off a fence or wall meeting a ceiling or something. I could see how one might think there's a face there but that's stretching it I think. Is there another pic of the same shot/angle/lighting that can be compared?

msante said:
EDIT: just a clarification, the girl later check the door and can't found anything or reproduce the picture again...

It looks like Jack of Tim Burton's The Nightmare before Christmas !

fabric said:
Just looks like part of the structure to me, either the post coming off a fence or wall meeting a ceiling or something. I could see how one might think there's a face there but that's stretching it I think. Is there another pic of the same shot/angle/lighting that can be compared?

Well, I asked my brother if he could get it but... who know... :huh: He told me that the girl checked the door and tryied to reproduce the same picture. I will ask again, just for couriosity...

seek10 said:
for me, it looks like a face. probably Boy. Is it a door of room or to street or some thing?

Really I don't know, I have little information. My brother live far away from my city, when I talk to him again maybe I can get more information...

Hey msante, could this just be light playing tricks on the camera? I sometimes sell stuff on eBay and that requires taking close up photos. I guess this would be similar to the "micro pictures" your brother's friend was taking?

I've had all sorts of weird shapes and shades appear on or around the items I try to photograph. Sometimes it's due to the structure of the material or fabric I'm selling (straight lines looking like circles on water when you throw a stone into a lake for example), sometimes it's just light being uncooperative (shadows showing in the photo when there were none when I was taking the pic).

So I was wondering if a similar phenomenon could have happened here too?

If I stare at the circled section long enough and try to "see something" it kind of does look like a shape of an angry face. Except that given the size of the lever/handle in the foreground of the picture this would be a really tiny face. Well, I guess the friend's teacher's imagination is much more vivid and fertile than mine. :P

I'm sorry to be such a sceptic - I have a pretty strong tendency to try to find and assess every possible standard explanation first before I consider anything paranormal.

I think it's just the effect of the light falling at an angle on the texture of the door frame. It's an old door, so it's not smooth.

The brain is very good at pattern recognition. It is an old and fundamental cogitive skill important for survival (better detect the snake hidden in the bushes fast). But because it is so fast, it also can be inaccurate at times.

I do see a 'face' too, but it could have been anything. Related: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test

The brain is very fast in converting anything we see into something familiar, or that can be explained according to our ordinary interpretation of the world. For instance, it almost looks like magical how quick we are at reckognizing a face, an animal, or whatever when watching passing clouds. The difference with a photo is that we know it´s not a cloud but instead something that had to be there according to our limitted materialistic interpretation of things as dead or unchanging.

Even when we know our brain is playing a trick at recognizing a figure due to a particular design of a floor, the brain won´t forget so easily the image once our imagination has brought it forward, so that the next time we stare at the same place, the figure will be automatically triggered again. And the more it happens, the more difficult it becomes to see what is actually there, some random shades and lines.

I also see a tiny face in the photo, in fact I see two versions of that face. One is from the side, with a mouth wide open, and the other from a frontal perspective, with a moustache hiding the mouth.

Back
Top Bottom