Just started a blog

T.C.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I've wanted to write a blog since I came back to the forum. I bought a domain name a few weeks ago but haven't really been able to think of anything to write until now. I've just been working and reading.

Last night, I could feel something forming, so I created a twitter account as part of this online presence I'm creating (@masaniekalos). I'm already following some of you and some of you are following me, too.

I started writing my blog in a notepad. I've been a bit worried because until now, not being able to think of anything to write left me feeling afraid and empty. Can't I think any more? Aren't I taking in anything that I'm reading? Do I not know anything objective that I can share with others?

Having just published this blog, I think maybe I've been rebuilding a magnetic centre, and that this blog was largely just me writing for myself, as a means to consolidate and crystallise what's been going in over the last few months. I tried to maintain a consistent i from start to finish, which I found difficult at times, and although I had some awareness that this was a personal activity, I did my best to write it in a way that might connect with others.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

_http://masaniekalos.com/2015/07/16/a-real-world-of-information/

Well written, good work.

The only comment I have is - one might have to have a modicum of awakeness to understand what you mean. Those asleep will just skim through the first few lines and then stop.

Maybe a a way around this is to give more concrete examples? Just a thought ...

I always wanted to have my own blog, but felt a bit like you- but unlike me, you have made the jump! Congrats!

(Just wrote a post but for some reason it didn't get posted. So, apologies if all of a sudden you see a double post).

Great start, T.C.! My only suggestions would be that you a) make shorter posts, b) use hyperlinks as often as possible, so as to give people a chance to explore a bit further, and to back up your claims.

What I found the most interesting was that as I was reading your post, it occurred to me that it could make a nice video script. For me it's very hard to write scripts, so I certainly admire that! I think you may have a gift there, and that maybe it's worth using/developing it toward making short videos? As I was reading, I was imagining images that could go along with the text, to add examples and illustrate your points in a more concrete way, just as nicklebleu pointed out would be useful. Just a thought.

:clap:

Nice and sincere writing, just so clear picture of the street and people caged at their homes ... keep on going I am sure will find a resonance among people who are not on forum but have a need to validate their feelings and find others who actually feel the same, and maybe trigger something to go even further ... :cool2:

yep I agree that it can be a nice narrated video blog ...

thank you for sharing! :clap:

Enjoyed reading your blog T.C.

I could easily get the visuals about the millions if people plugged into their televisions every night and agree with the other replies above.

Just another suggestion, and that is, to break the page up with sub headings. From my point of view it makes a large piece of writing easier to read and helps me to focus and intergrate information.

Shared on my facebook page!

Will look forward to more.

Thanks for the input, guys!

In future I will find material to link to in order to back-up what I'm writing. I'll make my entries shorter and I'll use subheadings to make it easier to digest.

I never thought about video production/scripting. I'd be happy for anything I do to be used by the group and to get involved in a project. Not sure if I could "write on cue" yet, as this was just more or less spontaneous and free flowing. But I'd love to try it.

Thanks for sharing it, Tracy Anne. And yes, kalibex, please feel free to share it.

This is great TC, well done for starting and sharing this blog. I've always wanted to start a blog but think to myself what would I say? But maybe the trick is to start small and build on that, like baby steps. All the best with future posts!

Hey T.C

really enjoyed reading your blog post. The flow and pace of the post seemed very smooth and i enjoyed both the topic and the information on information contained within.

Keep up the good work :)

Thought I had posted here, as I remember reading your blog post. I agree with others in that your article flows and reads well. Great start and keep up the good work!

TC,

I really enjoyed reading your blog it was clear and easy to read imo. You've taken a big step and I hope you continue to write and share your work.

enjoyed reading your blog good stuff looking forward to reading more :cool2: fair play for taking the plunge :) I set up a blog last year haven't posted anything yet
but a blog is something id like to do, thanks T.C keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom