Keto Breakfast Ramen

darksai

Jedi Master
Came with this idea after thinking about how to not waste the duck fat (~R40/$4.5 for 330g has been all I can find) used in my bacon and egg frying, and because I never got to try 'real ramen' (with noodles) it inspired the name for it's similarity. It's also pretty quick make (assuming a constant supply of bone broth) and very easy to clean up after.

- Lightly fry bacon (cut to bite-size makes it a little easier) in a saucepan (for one) or pot (or more) in the fat of your choice
- Add in your morning dose Bone Broth, fat first to reduce splatter.
- Bring to a light boil, and drop in an egg or two just as you would if you're poaching them.
- Simmer, covered if you wish, until eggs are done to your liking.
- Serve in a soup bowl and enjoy.

Mushrooms would also go really with this if you need a bit of carbs, I think I'd do them in between adding the broth-fat and broth-water/jelly.
Feel free to experiment, the variations are potentially limitless and imho it would take an extraordinary effort to make it NOT taste good. :)

I agree, this sounds delicious! I also have not tried 'real ramen', but I had the idea to use tripe as noodles. I think tripe has a great noodle like texture and is delicious. But, I cannot find a source of grass fed tripe. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

Thanks for sharing, something similar I do also very often.

mimimari said:
I agree, this sounds delicious! I also have not tried 'real ramen', but I had the idea to use tripe as noodles. I think tripe has a great noodle like texture and is delicious. But, I cannot find a source of grass fed tripe. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

Sounds also very interesting.

Thank you, Saiden. :) Great recipe! I'll definitely try to make it. Just be very careful choosing the mushrooms, because they absorb a lot of environmental radiation. This observation I made from my own experience when I was living in Kiev after Chernobyl accident. Eating mushrooms was a big no-no, because they measured extremely high in radiation count. Maybe, imported dry mushrooms from relatively clean areas (Europe, maybe: chanterelles or white mushroom) would be better. And actually, if you soak the dry mushrooms overnight (and save the water where the mushrooms were soaking), and then add them to the bone broth almost at the end ( 1-1,5 hours before the broth is done), you will get delicious mushroom-bone broth. The water you save, can be added to the broth just before serving. Slice the mushrooms thinly, and voila!

Thank you again :thup:

Olesya said:
Thank you, Saiden. :) Great recipe! I'll definitely try to make it. Just be very careful choosing the mushrooms, because they absorb a lot of environmental radiation. This observation I made from my own experience when I was living in Kiev after Chernobyl accident. Eating mushrooms was a big no-no, because they measured extremely high in radiation count. Maybe, imported dry mushrooms from relatively clean areas (Europe, maybe: chanterelles or white mushroom) would be better. And actually, if you soak the dry mushrooms overnight (and save the water where the mushrooms were soaking), and then add them to the bone broth almost at the end ( 1-1,5 hours before the broth is done), you will get delicious mushroom-bone broth. The water you save, can be added to the broth just before serving. Slice the mushrooms thinly, and voila!

Thank you again :thup:

Thanks for the heads up Olesya, I wasn't aware of that :) I do happen to live in the only city in South Africa that has a nuclear station nearby, though I think it's far away enough from where the majority of organic food is grown here. I'll do a bit of investigation on it anyway to be sure. I use fresh mushrooms, so what I think might work just as well would be give them light fry then shallow simmer for a while and let it reduce quite a bit. Mushroom broth definitely sounds like a good idea for added flavor.. and fat of course! ;D

edit: typos, grammar.

You could also beat the eggs and drizzle them into the boiling liquid to make "egg noodles" or "egg drop soup."

Laura said:
You could also beat the eggs and drizzle them into the boiling liquid to make "egg noodles" or "egg drop soup."

Ohh yes!

Very delicious and comes close to noodles if you mix it into the boiling liquid slowly.
The slower and less undisturbed you mix it into the boiling liquid the thicker the egg noodles get.

Pashalis said:
Laura said:

Ohh yes!

Very delicious and comes close to noodles if you mix it into the boiling liquid slowly.
The slower and less undisturbed you mix it into the boiling liquid the thicker the egg noodles get.

Won't that breakdown some the nutrients in the yolk though?

Back
Top Bottom