Keto Cheesecake

RedFox said:
Add the paste to the fat bomb mix, and stir until you can stir smoothly.
Place the saucepan in the sink and whisk at a moderate speed until the mixture is near room temperature.
*note* Here I've had a few problems in the past, and others may run into it too. If the paste is too hot, or too acidic (i.e. lemon juice) it can cause the fat bomb mix to separate.
To rescue it, you need to reduce the mixture to room temperature. Add a tablespoon of cold water and then mix for 5-10 minutes with an electric whisk (a electric stick blender probably won't work).

fwiw I found a solution to the separating mixture problem.
If you add a tea spoon of potassium gluconate (cream of tartar would probably also work) and a tea spoon of salt to the tapioca paste before cooking it, it comes out smoother and less acidic (you'll need to heat it more to cook it).
The texture is smoother and it mixes with the chocolate fat bomb without separating!

Dear Lord, all recipes are looking delicious. Thank you RedFox and Thorn.

I allways had sweet tooth for cheesecakes but since not eating gluten, cheese and sugar I could only dream about it. Can't wait to try recipes. Million of thanks guys.

Ajajaj can't look at the pictures any more, having problem with mouthwatering. ;D

I'm having trouble with turning the tapioca flour into the paste, I've tried it twice now, mixed very quickly and heated gently but it just doesn't seem to turn "paste/glue" like. :O
Is there anything specific about this part that I'm missing?
Thankyou! :)

Lilyalic said:
I'm having trouble with turning the tapioca flour into the paste, I've tried it twice now, mixed very quickly and heated gently but it just doesn't seem to turn "paste/glue" like. :O
Is there anything specific about this part that I'm missing?
Thankyou! :)

Paste/glue is what you are aiming for.
If you are having trouble getting it smooth, start with the flour in the sauce pan and add the other bits, then add cold water and stir until smooth. Then heat slowly.
It should turn from white to slightly clearer as it becomes glue like, you'll want to reduce/remove the heat at this point.
Making it as clear as possible is generally a good idea, as it means the tapioca is cooked.

When adding to the cheesecake mixture, you'll find it goes through a few stages as you stir it in.
Separate lumps, mixed liquid, then glue like.
If it separates (i.e. you see fat floating about) this solves that problem (you can add them after cooking/combining, but you'll have to stir lots):

RedFox said:
fwiw I found a solution to the separating mixture problem.
If you add a tea spoon of potassium gluconate (cream of tartar would probably also work) and a tea spoon of salt to the tapioca paste before cooking it, it comes out smoother and less acidic (you'll need to heat it more to cook it).
The texture is smoother and it mixes with the chocolate fat bomb without separating!

It doesn't clump or stick to the bottom, nor is it the trouble getting it smooth as such, it just turns out like a very runny white liquid! (It does not go thick/pasty) I'll give it another try at some point, thanks RF :)!

Lilyalic said:
It doesn't clump or stick to the bottom, nor is it the trouble getting it smooth as such, it just turns out like a very runny white liquid! (It does not go thick/pasty) I'll give it another try at some point, thanks RF :)!

If it's runny it needs cooking more and/or more heat.

RedFox said:
Lilyalic said:

If it's runny it needs cooking more and/or more heat.

OK. Thanks :)

FWIW, I made muffins out of the biscuit base recipe (1 egg), just added baking soda too. They turned out really nice :)! Little cacao muffins, delicious with butter.

RedFox said:
Ok, based on the above - introducing Triple Chocolate, Butterscotch Cheesecake!

[...]

Method (middle)

[...]

If anyone can work out how to not have it separate here that would be useful! It does however produce a quite nice 'cake' like texture.

[...]

So far, tried and succeeded 5-6 times in making "normal" variant without "separation", and this weekend decided to test this Triple Choco, following the above recipe to the letter.

Here's the result:
12182683_912506225498242_4185524557594702495_o.jpg

12194830_912506222164909_1866710227183121360_o.jpg

Again, no separation.

The trick seems to be in stirring non-stop, and when adding eggs, paste and cocoa, to add them slowly and in very small "pieces" at the time, for example when adding cocoa at the end into the fat-bomb mixture, just shaking the cup of cocoa so to sprinkle it on the mixture while stirring it will do the trick - separation won't happen. It takes a bit more time this way, but saves a lot of energy and nerves when there is no need to "go into emergency saving procedure". :)

Hope this helps a bit.

I'm wanting to make the base for the cheesecake and I was wondering if ghee will work instead of the butter?

T.C. said:
I'm wanting to make the base for the cheesecake and I was wondering if ghee will work instead of the butter?

Don't see why not :)
If you are making the middle with ghee, the temperature at which the eggs emulsify may be different.

Back
Top Bottom